http://store.steampowered.com/app/321410
Just got it.
BTW, you should give Airborne Rifles a commission for the excellent AAR's.
If you supported Linux I'd have happily paid full price. :)
does this mean we get half of Herman's bitching about it for 48 hrs, too?
Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 12, 2015, 01:15:49 PM
does this mean we get half of Herman's bitching about it for 48 hrs, too?
I'll pay for a second copy if that's the case.
Quote from: OJsDad on June 12, 2015, 01:07:26 PM
BTW, you should give Airborne Rifles a commission for the excellent AAR's.
+1
I knew it!
I knew it!
I didn't pull the trigger on 25% because I knew they'd be doing this!!
HA!
Vindicated!!
Thanks so much for the heads up.
Jim
The big problem is waiting for it to download. Right now it's moving at 44k. About 22 more hours.
Downloading.. says 15 Minutes to go ;D
Scored.
Now a very long learning curve...
Check Baloogan's new tutorial videos to get comfy with the UI easily: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgRuKky0mojZkb5tSIpJgEy0WR4rzt6tA
Got it! BTW you can also buy it at Matrix for same price and then load it on Steam and have it both places.
Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 12, 2015, 01:15:49 PM
does this mean we get half of Herman's bitching about it for 48 hrs, too?
Yeah, this has pushed him over the edge again on the newsgroup.
Quote from: RyanE on June 13, 2015, 06:09:46 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 12, 2015, 01:15:49 PM
does this mean we get half of Herman's bitching about it for 48 hrs, too?
Yeah, this has pushed him over the edge again on the newsgroup.
Where exactly is he still allowed to post? I want to know so I can avoid that place....
*Lurch voice*: "Usenet..."
http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3049963#post3049963
Yesterday, 16:47
Herman Hum'
I agree with your disdain for Steam.
The same price is available from MatrixGames, directly. You just have to pay a bit more for the disk.
However, you might want to wait until the discount reaches 75%, as $20 is probably the correct price for a game of this calibre.
:uglystupid2:
The database alone is worth more ...
I purchased through Steam, is there a way for me to register my game with Matrix.
Quote from: Staggerwing on June 13, 2015, 07:07:32 AM
*Lurch voice*: "Usenet..."
He and his doppleganger, Vincenzo, are universally disdained there as well. They are the resident idiots of the wargaming community. And it's a well deserved honor. They've worked at it for a couple decades.
Can we move the discussion onward?
Feel free to complain about whatever. But it makes obsession seem in higher abundance than it should be, from more than one party.
Yep, I folded. 50% off was just too much to resist.
We welcome all new converts :)
Make sure to have a glance at our "Getting started" section: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3607586
I've caved in as well although I fear CMANO may join WITP:AE on my virtual shelf of games that I should play but am too overwhelmed by :)
Oddly buying it from Matrix at a 40% discount proved to be cheaper than buying it on Steam at a 50% discount (Matrix £27.99 Steam £30.49).
During the Tutorial there are message windows that come up.. but once I do anything they disappear and no-where to be found again. Is there a key or menu command that brings them back up?
Quote from: Dimitris on June 13, 2015, 12:56:59 AM
Check Baloogan's new tutorial videos to get comfy with the UI easily: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgRuKky0mojZkb5tSIpJgEy0WR4rzt6tA
Baloogan is a God. He makes everything seem so easy.
Quote from: Tuna on June 13, 2015, 05:55:27 PM
During the Tutorial there are message windows that come up.. but once I do anything they disappear and no-where to be found again. Is there a key or menu command that brings them back up?
I know there's probably an elegant solution - I copy and paste them into notepad
Is there an order to these before I start watching?
Quote from: Dimitris on June 13, 2015, 12:56:59 AM
Check Baloogan's new tutorial videos to get comfy with the UI easily: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgRuKky0mojZkb5tSIpJgEy0WR4rzt6tA
Quote from: Tuna on June 13, 2015, 05:55:27 PM
During the Tutorial there are message windows that come up.. but once I do anything they disappear and no-where to be found again. Is there a key or menu command that brings them back up?
Select 'message log in separate window' in view tab. They no longer show up in the main screen but in a new and resizable window.
You can then print these messages to a file (via game tab - message log).
Quote from: Pete Dero on June 14, 2015, 03:44:53 AM
Quote from: Tuna on June 13, 2015, 05:55:27 PM
During the Tutorial there are message windows that come up.. but once I do anything they disappear and no-where to be found again. Is there a key or menu command that brings them back up?
Select 'message log in separate window' in view tab. They no longer show up in the main screen but in a new and resizable window.
You can then print these messages to a file (via game tab - message log).
Thank you! O0
I put the game back in the virtual attic after getting frustrated during the tutorials. Hopefully this tip and Baloogan's new vids will get me back into the game.
Quote from: Staggerwing on June 14, 2015, 06:34:54 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on June 14, 2015, 03:44:53 AM
Quote from: Tuna on June 13, 2015, 05:55:27 PM
During the Tutorial there are message windows that come up.. but once I do anything they disappear and no-where to be found again. Is there a key or menu command that brings them back up?
Select 'message log in separate window' in view tab. They no longer show up in the main screen but in a new and resizable window.
You can then print these messages to a file (via game tab - message log).
Thank you! O0
I put the game back in the virtual attic after getting frustrated during the tutorials. Hopefully this tip and Baloogan's new vids will get me back into the game.
Thanks!
Well, the weekend sale is over but Command is still off 25% until June 22.