This may actually get me to upgrade from the 360
https://games.yahoo.com/news/xbox-one-soon-play-old-180128736.html
Quote from: mirth on June 15, 2015, 01:17:55 PM
This may actually get me to upgrade from the 360
https://games.yahoo.com/news/xbox-one-soon-play-old-180128736.html
WOW! Wasn't that something they originally said they wouldn't do? That kept me from getting the new one....
Same for me. The lack of backward compatibility held me back from moving to the Xbox One. Now I'm almost certain to upgrade some time this year.
Why is this such a big deal? if you wanna play your old games, just keep your 360 and play them. The XO doesn't play all 360 games anyway (remember the situation? Like with the 360 playing xbox games) and there may well be problems (again, like with the 360 playing Xbox games). The point is the XO (and the PS4 as well) don't have much to offer compared to the old gen and that's why they can't break away from them. In my opinion the new gen came a year too soon and now is already looking dated. Still playing on my 360 since I see no reason to switch - but will get a Wii U for the games I never played and while waiting what happens on the PS4 front...
The backwards compatibility on the 360 covered pretty much every game in my original Xbox library (80-plus games). If the Xbox One comes close to matching that with 360 games (granted I have a smaller 360 library), it's a pretty huge value add-on for me.