GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Philippe on June 15, 2015, 01:26:30 PM

Title: Steam gems badges etc.
Post by: Philippe on June 15, 2015, 01:26:30 PM
I have a bunch of items accumulating in my Steam account, and suspect that I can do something a bit more useful with them.

Blue Coins from Gamersgate I can wrap my mind around.

Gems and badges and whatever those things are called put me off a bit, because I'm not sure I want to waste time and mental energy on figuring out how to do a vanity display that I'm not that interested in making in the first place.  The number of Steam games that I own is, if anything, an embarassment, and not something I particularly want to advertise when I make a posting on Steam forums.

What, if anything, am I missing ?
Title: Re: Steam gems badges etc.
Post by: -budd- on June 15, 2015, 02:10:08 PM
mine were adding up for years, i finally decided to just put them up for sale. I made about $15 dollars, i still have about 30 i think up for sale. It is a little time consuming going through them all, now i just put them up as i earn them. What ever you sell the amount ends up in your steam wallet.
Title: Re: Steam gems badges etc.
Post by: Jarhead0331 on June 15, 2015, 02:11:00 PM
Badges can be sold in the market for money that you can then use to buy games. Its laughable that people will pay actual money to buy a little virtual trading card, but hey, I'll gladly take the cash, even if its just a few cents here and there.

Inventory items can also be converted to "gems". Gems, I believe, are used for placing bids on games that Steam auctions off. I've never tried to get into it. I always sell inventory items for cash.
Title: Re: Steam gems badges etc.
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 15, 2015, 02:33:23 PM
I sell mine as well.  I just list it for 1ยข less than the current going rate and it adds up. 
Title: Re: Steam gems badges etc.
Post by: FarAway Sooner on June 15, 2015, 06:33:03 PM
I liken gems on Steam to wearing a bright shiny necklace that says, "I'm a Valve Ho".  I'm OK with the truth, but fail to see the value in advertising it.
Title: Re: Steam gems badges etc.
Post by: Freyland on June 15, 2015, 08:24:39 PM
Valve Infinity Gauntlet.
Title: Re: Steam gems badges etc.
Post by: Staggerwing on June 15, 2015, 08:33:49 PM
Quote from: Freyland on June 15, 2015, 08:24:39 PM
Valve Infinity Gauntlet.

The plan, all along...