GrogHeads Forum

History, Reference, Research, and GrogTalk => References and Research => Topic started by: jomni on June 16, 2015, 04:38:39 AM

Title: I need stats on Spanish American War weaponry
Post by: jomni on June 16, 2015, 04:38:39 AM
Hi any good resource on Spanish American War weaponry? I need stats on the Krag Model1892 and Spanish Mauser M93.  Need stuff like max range, effective range, rate of fire and reload speeds. Good to get arty stats as well.
Title: Re: I need stats on Spanish American War weaponry
Post by: besilarius on June 16, 2015, 06:35:55 AM
I think Al Nofi (formerly of Strategy & Tactics and now Strategypage) did a column on this.
Cannot think where I saw this, but he is on Facebook and easy to approach.
Title: Re: I need stats on Spanish American War weaponry
Post by: Staggerwing on June 16, 2015, 06:42:36 AM
Jomni, are you creating a mod? Which game?
Title: Re: I need stats on Spanish American War weaponry
Post by: jomni on June 16, 2015, 05:14:10 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on June 16, 2015, 06:42:36 AM
Jomni, are you creating a mod? Which game?

Not yet.  Probably SOW Gettysburg.  Just toying with the idea.  But I'm not sure if it does bolt action rifles well. 
Title: Re: I need stats on Spanish American War weaponry
Post by: Wes on June 21, 2015, 01:11:02 PM
Hi, new guy here, didn't know if you had this already:

http://www.frfrogspad.com/kragrifl.htm

Seems there is a shortage of info on specifics regarding the Krag Model1892. Hope this helps.
Title: Re: I need stats on Spanish American War weaponry
Post by: besilarius on June 21, 2015, 03:07:46 PM
Carlisle Barracks in Pennsylvania, is supposed to have a lot of material on the Spanish American War.
You could probably contact the base historian, or the HMGS grognard, Colonel Bill Gray lives nearby.
Title: Re: I need stats on Spanish American War weaponry
Post by: jomni on June 21, 2015, 11:10:10 PM
Thanks all