Live Re-enactment of the entire battle of Waterloo this Thursday! QuoteYes this Thursday we have a full day of Scourge of War Waterloo being re-enacted out of our offices. We'll also have a 16 foot by 5 foot table set up with the battlefields and thousands of minis to re-fight the battle and historical expert Iain Dickie on Hand to cover the event.
Don't miss out!
Watch the live stream here:
http://www.twitch.tv/slitherinegroup
Original post: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3881816
Cool. O0
This is the official schedule of the event (time zone is CEST):
• 11:30 – Initial Attack on Hougoumont (30min)
• 12:00 – Attack on Pappelotte (30min)
• 12:30 – 2nd Attack on Hougoumont (60min)
• 13:30 – Count d'Erlon's Attack on the Allied left (60min)
• 15:00 – Attack on La Haye Sainte (30min)
• 16:00 – Battle of Mt. St. Jean (30min)
• 17:00 – Defense Against Arriving Prussians (60min)
• 18:00 – Prussian Attack on Placenoit (60min)
• 19:45 – Defence against Napoleon's Imperial Guard (45min)
So on June 18th, 11.30 (CEST) on the official Twitch channel of the Slitherine Group we will start to bring back to life Napoleon, Wellington, Blucher and the thousands of soldiers who shaped the destiny of Europe!
http://www.twitch.tv/slitherinegroup
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.matrixgames.com%2Fimages%2FSoWW%2520Reenactment_2.jpg&hash=2349875c27d974769eb2c56eac24d3c66d4ccfc0)
I've known Iain Dickie personally for some 30 odd years, as we used to do tabletop at a mutual friends place back in the day. I used to mainly play Ancients and board war-games with them then, but he really does know his Napoleonic stuff. This should be good. O0
On now
Drop in. :)
http://www.twitch.tv/slitherinegroup
By-the-by, Asid, this is rather brilliant and makes me almost wish I was THERE playing all the Napoleonic games rather than packed into the area around the battlefield.
Best,
Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
I've been ferreting about and can't come up with the answer: they're playing FoG:N, yeah?
Quote from: Cyrano on June 18, 2015, 09:50:09 AM
By-the-by, Asid, this is rather brilliant and makes me almost wish I was THERE playing all the Napoleonic games rather than packed into the area around the battlefield
That begs the question... where
are you? Stateside? Or did you make the trip after all?
No, no...trapped here...just hearing from my friends billeted all over Belgium.
I'll be over in August.
Quote from: Cyrano on June 18, 2015, 09:50:09 AM
By-the-by, Asid, this is rather brilliant and makes me almost wish I was THERE playing all the Napoleonic games rather than packed into the area around the battlefield.
Best,
Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Pray tell
Tuned in for a bit. Great stuff.
I also listened for a while. The sound quality wasn't great, and the people playing with miniatures in a corner of the screen were barely visible. It was a nice idea, but it felt as if they wanted to do a bit too much: expert discussion, showing off SoW: Waterloo and having the battle fought out with miniatures.
I enjoyed the mix and the commentary. As far as sound quality, you take what you can get with an internet stream. It wasn't perfect, but I didn't find it so bad that I couldn't listen to it.
I look forward to watching more of it once they post it to YouTube.
Scourge of War: Waterloo Marathon Parts 1 - 10This is from the June 18th all day Twitch stream
Playlist:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQrYLOdjwRhQt-9cCcpH--fHszYlSqZ_X
Really nice that they did this and I enjoyed the commentary along with the gameplay.
My favorite part though was when they ran into the bug that prevents occupation of La Haye Sainte during D'Erlon's attack. It's been reported but NSD was unable to reproduce it. They clearly believed some of us were experiencing it but without being able to see it themselves they can't do much. There it was though, right on the Twitch stream!
I admit it, I giggled.