GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Con on June 18, 2015, 10:46:33 PM

Title: WAR - China vs Japan Sounds like a CMANO scenario
Post by: Con on June 18, 2015, 10:46:33 PM
I wonder if CMANO can model this type of Scenario including the Carrier Killer DF-21D

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/chinas-master-plan-crush-japan-battle-13149

Con
Title: Re: WAR - China vs Japan Sounds like a CMANO scenario
Post by: Kushan on June 18, 2015, 11:34:44 PM
Could definitely get something close to it. The satellite phase would be tricky as I don't think there are hunter killer satellites in the game right now and the game doesn't allow for "free form" satellites. Satellite patterns currently only work if the scenario date and time match their real orbit times.

DF-21 (http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataFacility?ID=1669) is athere too.

I might have to set something like this up for one of my Twitch streams.
Title: Re: WAR - China vs Japan Sounds like a CMANO scenario
Post by: Boggit on June 19, 2015, 10:46:17 PM
It's an interesting scenario. I wonder just how far off the real thing might be?
Title: Re: WAR - China vs Japan Sounds like a CMANO scenario
Post by: RyanE on June 20, 2015, 07:17:30 AM
I built a scenario that I just used as a sandbox with A Chinese CVBG and a US CVBG.  I had a battalion of DF-21s arrayed along the Chinese coast and a bunch of log-range recon aircraft with satellite support.  The DF-21s were set to launch when the US entered a declared exclusion zone.  The difficult part for the Chinese was coordinating the DF-21s with aircraft from land bases and the CVBG.  The only way to breakthrough was to have a ToT plan for the Chinese.  I never quite got it right.  The main issue was solid contact data for the long-range bombers and the DF-21s.  I couldn't get a Bison through the CAP of the US CVBG long enough for a solid fix.  The satellite only gave approximate data for location.  So some of my attacks went in piecemeal.  All of the Burke DDGs and Ticos had the SM-3 with ABM capabilities also so that cleaned out a number of the DF-21s in flight.

In the end I got close enough to knock out a Tico, but the US CVBG wore down my Chinese enough to make them give up.  I never actually finished it enough to release.

The point is that is the Japanese have the SM-3, they can win this.  But it would most likely need US support.