GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on June 19, 2015, 01:17:22 AM

Title: Angry Joe Witcher III Review
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 19, 2015, 01:17:22 AM
As the title

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I actually like Angry Joe and I like his reviews...and this is another enjoyable one (I especially loved the bugs part - though I haven't seen ANY of them - so perhaps they have been patched out) so I thought I would share the love  :smitten:

It's Angry Joe so usual warnings of language come with the link below



Does he like it?
Title: Re: Angry Joe Witcher III Review
Post by: MikeGER on June 19, 2015, 07:12:16 AM
....go figure "angry"MikeGER ;-)  with  actual 27h of playtime (and i just arrived in the 2nd area) got himself -after a decade of stubburn refusing to use a stinky console controller on a PC ever -a gamepad (that xbox one thingy) just to better playout the fights! ...and while on a long weekend getaway (without PC access) bought the first Witcher short story collection for his kindle-app to read on the phone while away to learn more about that universe  O0
now i am even thinking to antedate a new graphic card purchase (GTX 970) to place into my stone age old PC (which will be the first part of a newone that is overdue to maybe build up sheduled end of the year)    ;)
Title: Re: Angry Joe Witcher III Review
Post by: mirth on June 19, 2015, 08:12:58 AM
Angry Joe cracks me up and his reviews are usually spot on.
Title: Re: Angry Joe Witcher III Review
Post by: Nefaro on June 19, 2015, 08:14:11 AM
Quote from: mirth on June 19, 2015, 08:12:58 AM
Angry Joe cracks me up and his reviews are usually spot on.

+1
Title: Re: Angry Joe Witcher III Review
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 19, 2015, 03:38:04 PM
I can't seem to beat Jenny 'o the Woods! It's doing ma heed in which is why I haven't touched the game for a couple or three weeks.  ???

I HATE when games get like this. I really don't care if they're too easy - at the end of the day, I play to play and enjoy - not get frustrated. What's even more annoying is I'm playing it on an easy level from what I recall...maybe one up from the easiest...not sure.

I do know I could do with extra food and probably some buffs - but where to get them??

I was thoroughly enjoying the game up to this point too. I'm just not one for frustration. I could side step it and go and do other shit and come back when I'm beefed up a bit I suppose  ^-^
Title: Re: Angry Joe Witcher III Review
Post by: Pete Dero on June 20, 2015, 03:15:30 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 19, 2015, 03:38:04 PM
I can't seem to beat Jenny 'o the Woods! It's doing ma heed in which is why I haven't touched the game for a couple or three weeks.  ???

I HATE when games get like this. I really don't care if they're too easy - at the end of the day, I play to play and enjoy - not get frustrated. What's even more annoying is I'm playing it on an easy level from what I recall...maybe one up from the easiest...not sure.

I do know I could do with extra food and probably some buffs - but where to get them??

I was thoroughly enjoying the game up to this point too. I'm just not one for frustration. I could side step it and go and do other shit and come back when I'm beefed up a bit I suppose  ^-^

SPOILER :

Jenny is a type of wraith (Specter)   In your Bestiary you can look up their vulnerabilities.  I think this one can only be beaten using Yrden and then fighting it within the created circle.   Spectre oil on your blade will also help


I don't know how to hide text so i used white color.  Highlight it to see it.
Title: Re: Angry Joe Witcher III Review
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 20, 2015, 04:17:00 AM
Thanks Pete. I knew that (Google is ma wee pal) - but I still can't beat the bitch!

I'm probably rushing. A lot of people have said take your time, get 2 or 3 shots in and then dive out the way before she hits.

I've tried probably 2 dozen times now.
Title: Re: Angry Joe Witcher III Review
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 20, 2015, 10:59:28 AM
lol

Just noticed the Jenny o' the Woods quest is level 10 and I'm 6!

Answer to why I can't do it? I AM DUMB!
Title: Re: Angry Joe Witcher III Review
Post by: Con on June 28, 2015, 03:07:51 PM
Conan has a good review of Witcher 3 as well

Title: Re: Angry Joe Witcher III Review
Post by: Rayfer on June 28, 2015, 04:20:31 PM
Good one Con.....lots of good laughs.  Thanks for posting.
Title: Re: Angry Joe Witcher III Review
Post by: W8taminute on June 28, 2015, 04:39:07 PM
I've got to get this game.   O0
Title: Re: Angry Joe Witcher III Review
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 29, 2015, 07:51:11 AM
Quote from: Con on June 28, 2015, 03:07:51 PM
Conan has a good review of Witcher 3 as well


It was ok - but that canned laughter was really, really annoying!
Title: Re: Angry Joe Witcher III Review
Post by: airboy on June 29, 2015, 08:48:11 AM
Lots of twitch game elements.  If you don't like twitch games - you won't like the Witcher series.  If you like shooters & RPGs you will probably love it.