Yari & Teppō
the Pike & Shot Japanese Mod
Current Version: 0.3 "Hachiman"
Commonly called the "God of War", Hachiman is a Shinto kami and Buddhist deity worshipped by the Samurai. He is seen as the divine protector of Japan.
Features:
• New 3D models for units, buildings, and defenses;
• Modified random map generation script that represent terrain in East Asia;
• Custom rice paddy tile courtesy of Sarbatha;
• Modified combat scripts to enable new rules;
• Two generic fictional red and blue clans;
• Unit textures for prominent clans in central Japan with historical clan mon (crests) and semi-historical banner design;
• Hand-drawn unit portraits in the style of ukiyo-e woodblock prints;
• Custom squads file and army lists, based on Field of Glory Renaissance: Colonies and Conquest, to depict the various units during the Sengoku Jidai;
• Factions that consider the relationship between the different clans during the century.
Mod only supports Skirmish, Editor, and Mulitplayer. No Historical Scenarios are available in this build.
Download the manual:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vc00002qu6wtiy5/AAC2d7UKtWw_mT7d5vN4NPF6a?dl=0
Installation:
Can already be downloaded within the game.
May work on the iPad with the following warnings: (1) it may lag a bit, (2) takes up a lot of space, (3) some graphical anomalies.
Awesome, congrats jomni.
Way-To-Go Jomni. That's actually an ancient Japanese term meaning, "Thank you Sir. For your hard work and dedication". Either that or, "Pass the Saki", I can't remember which. O0
Excellent
Thank you Jomni O0
Really...this is the kind of thing that gets a modder on someone's payroll. Great job and thank you for the contribution to the community.
Thank you, now please get to work on Nagashino. ;D
Excellent!
Great news, thanks jomni! Also, really great job on the manual! O0
Quote from: magnus on June 26, 2015, 11:37:51 AM
Thank you, now please get to work on Nagashino. ;D
Yes. I'm now thinking about the Historical Scenarios.
Well done Jomni san.
Thanks.
The mod is now available for download within the game. O0
w00t! Nicely done sir!
Jomni,
Brilliant! Thank you for your superb effort.
I don't know what you actually do for a living, but it should be this.
You've made my day.
Ah, velly nice work.
Nagashino WIP
(https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/AHAygX_fK0EzslBhB4pnDcpdYXMK2Jcz37ihDhiTxDo=w1759-h989-no)
Excellent, thank you.
I am a nut about Oda Nobunaga, and there are just so few sources about him that don't cost hundreds of dollars.
I never cease to be amazed by some of the uber-mods that people create!
Cheers
Pip
This is one era of history that has never captured me, but I am mightily impressed by the effort here!
Bravo!
Best,
Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Mod is updated.
Sengoku Jidai (Skirmish only) v0.4
(SP & MP)
When you have finished any outstanding MP games, you are advised to delete v0.3 and download v0.4.
You can delete SP v0.3 in game in the Historical Menu.
Because it has no scenarios, there is no in-game way to delete the MP version. You will find it in
My Documents/My Games/PIKEANDSHOT/Multiplayer.
This means that deleting it from the iPad may be a challenge!
The new version has the following changes:
1) Bows can shoot overhead.
2) Honjins will disperse rather than routing.
An excellent mod - I am playing it now as Hojo vs Imagawa. There are lots of unit choices. I love the terrain localisation changes. The one change I would make would be to the sound files to replace the charging sound to a rousing "Banzai!". This is not a criticism, as it is an excellent mod, just an idea.
Do you plan adding historical scenarios in time?
A BIG thank you for making this freely available to the community. O0
Quote from: Boggit on July 09, 2015, 05:59:22 PM
An excellent mod - I am playing it now as Hojo vs Imagawa. There are lots of unit choices. I love the terrain localisation changes. The one change I would make would be to the sound files to replace the charging sound to a rousing "Banzai!". This is not a criticism, as it is an excellent mod, just an idea.
Do you plan adding historical scenarios in time?
A BIG thank you for making this freely available to the community. O0
Banzai is a world war 2 thing. And it's a cry for the Emperor. These samurai don't respect the Emperor.
As for scenarios, please stay tuned for some news.
Quote from: jomni on July 10, 2015, 11:47:29 PM
Quote from: Boggit on July 09, 2015, 05:59:22 PM
An excellent mod - I am playing it now as Hojo vs Imagawa. There are lots of unit choices. I love the terrain localisation changes. The one change I would make would be to the sound files to replace the charging sound to a rousing "Banzai!". This is not a criticism, as it is an excellent mod, just an idea.
Do you plan adding historical scenarios in time?
A BIG thank you for making this freely available to the community. O0
Banzai is a world war 2 thing. And it's a cry for the Emperor. These samurai don't respect the Emperor.
As for scenarios, please stay tuned for some news.
Banzai - fair enough. I hadn't realised.
Anyway, a great mod. Let us know if you get around to any scenarios. :)