GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Tech Talk => Topic started by: Mr. Bigglesworth on June 26, 2015, 12:40:07 PM

Title: Stopping app clutter
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on June 26, 2015, 12:40:07 PM
Sometimes I find my tablet bogging down for no apparent reason. When I look in apps, running, i find a huge number of cached processes. On a 1 Mb ram tablet, just running with 1 app, it may be 3/4 of memory blocked up. If i end cached processes, by end or by force stop, (youtube , skype, all kinds of crap that i did not start seem to be running) I can cut the memory used to about 1/2 mb.

So my question is how can you block this stuff from starting itself? It should start when I start it only! Seems like basic logic. The tablet starts to run fairly fast when you clean out the junk processes.
Title: Re: Stopping app clutter
Post by: bayonetbrant on June 26, 2015, 12:58:54 PM
if you're on an Android, go get the Advanced Task Killer

I just hit it every hour or so and it clears out a lot of dumb shit that's running
Title: Re: Stopping app clutter
Post by: Staggerwing on June 26, 2015, 08:13:48 PM
If you are on iOS you double click the home button. Then you flick each app up to kill it.
Title: Re: Stopping app clutter
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on June 26, 2015, 09:01:41 PM
I got one of the android process killers. There were over 100 on the play store, seems like a common problem.