GrogHeads Forum

Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis => Wargaming => Topic started by: Asid on July 06, 2015, 05:12:40 PM

Title: LnL Give Print and Play Civil War game for free
Post by: Asid on July 06, 2015, 05:12:40 PM
LnL Give Print and Play Civil War game for free

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fstore.lnlpublishing.com%2Fimage%2Fcache%2Fdata%2Fproduct%2FLNL-Lee-At-Gettysburg%2FLee%2520Banner%2520edit%2520copy_0_60x80_a615c.jpg&hash=d371e7e9c503fa9c892c8cb19d8cd9f7924b892f)

http://store.lnlpublishing.com/print-play/lee-at-gettysburg-print-play

QuoteThis is really ticked us off.  If you have not heard the news in the wisdom of both Apple and Amazon took down all Board and Digital Civil War games because they have a Confederate flag in them...... yes truly UNREAL. We at Lock 'n Load Publishing are truly amazed at the lack of any thought that has gone into this. Enough is enough so we are giving away our only Print and Play Civil War game for free. Let us know how you feel.

Forums: http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/articles/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LocknLoadPub


Description:

Lee at Gettysburg: The Battle for Cemetary Ridge Platinum Edition is a downloadable game. The Platinum Edition is a substantial reworking of the game that originally appeared in the Armchair General. Counters represent the brigades, leaders, and batteries that fought on the first day of the Battle of Gettysburg. Leaders are critical not only rallying their troops, but enhancing their attacks as well.
Title: Re: LnL Give Print and Play Civil War game for free
Post by: GJK on July 07, 2015, 12:42:05 PM
They must be out of pdf's....I've "checked out" with this item twice and have never received the email with the link to download it.  <shrug>
Title: Re: LnL Give Print and Play Civil War game for free
Post by: bbmike on July 07, 2015, 01:19:52 PM
Quote from: GJK on July 07, 2015, 12:42:05 PM
They must be out of pdf's....I've "checked out" with this item twice and have never received the email with the link to download it.  <shrug>

It should be in your Account Downloads section.
Title: Re: LnL Give Print and Play Civil War game for free
Post by: GJK on July 07, 2015, 03:20:49 PM
That's what it was - the site doesn't recognize my account that I signed up with (twice now) for this download.  I'm assuming that I'm awaiting for a confirmation email to verify my account but that never arrived (not in spam filter either).  Frankly too much trouble for what it's worth but I appreciate their gesture.
Title: Re: LnL Give Print and Play Civil War game for free
Post by: GJK on July 07, 2015, 03:30:37 PM
Ok, figured out their wonky website.  If you click the "Log In" button at the top, that is for their forums which is separate from their store - two different log in accounts.  I was able to log in and then go to member services and find the download link which I would of never thought to of looked for had you not said anything Mike (the checkout process said to look for an email with instructions so you must of gotten your email).

By the way, I first tried to add it to the cart and go through that whole spiel again only to find that it is back to it's regular $14.95 price.  Fortunately mine copy was still in my downloads section so all is good.  Maybe I'll make a Zuntzu or VASSAL module out of it if there isn't one already....
Title: Re: LnL Give Print and Play Civil War game for free
Post by: panzerde on July 08, 2015, 05:59:56 PM
I grabbed it too when it was free, though I've yet to try and play it. It doesn't look like there's a Vassal module for it.
Title: Re: LnL Give Print and Play Civil War game for free
Post by: Thrawn on July 13, 2015, 12:18:01 AM
Hello Guys

Sorry if any one had a problem with downloading the Free game.  If I can be of any help please just let me know.

David

Title: Re: LnL Give Print and Play Civil War game for free
Post by: Jack Nastyface on July 13, 2015, 07:59:48 PM
Is this game still available for free?  Not that I am cheap gamer who spends all my money on dice and stuff...
Title: Re: LnL Give Print and Play Civil War game for free
Post by: Toonces on July 14, 2015, 10:13:51 PM
Yeah, I thought the free period must be over as I checked about a week ago and it was back at full price.