GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Asid on July 08, 2015, 03:33:19 PM

Title: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: Asid on July 08, 2015, 03:33:19 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/370540
Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: Barthheart on July 08, 2015, 03:50:40 PM
Really..... Maybe it will become cheap enough to afford..... ???
Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: steve58 on July 08, 2015, 03:55:17 PM
I suspect it'll be priced same as their own store...just like Command (http://store.steampowered.com/app/321410/) was.  But then there are the inevitable Steam sales...
Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: Swatter on July 08, 2015, 04:26:26 PM
As time goes on, I become more and more disenchanted with Matrix and their pricing model and justifications they use to defend it. If they just lowered their prices on their premium games, they would get many more people willing to give those hardcore games a try. You can mentally justify a risky $40 purchase, but $80-$90 is a totally different story. At least a dozen times this year I got an itch to play a niche game and I checked out the niche offerings at Matrix. They want top dollar on games that are often approaching a decade old (games that are often extremely flawed). Out of maybe a dozen times I was willing to spend 20- 40 dollars on a risky purchase, they walked away with only one sale and I regret that purchase because I am doing nothing but feeding their flawed pricing model. At one time I was proud to patronize Matrix, but not anymore.
Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: JasonPratt on July 08, 2015, 09:20:25 PM
Welp, time to register another from the library!  O0
Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: Rayfer on July 09, 2015, 07:54:42 AM
Quote from: Swatter on July 08, 2015, 04:26:26 PM
As time goes on, I become more and more disenchanted with Matrix and their pricing model and justifications they use to defend it. If they just lowered their prices on their premium games, they would get many more people willing to give those hardcore games a try. You can mentally justify a risky $40 purchase, but $80-$90 is a totally different story. At least a dozen times this year I got an itch to play a niche game and I checked out the niche offerings at Matrix. They want top dollar on games that are often approaching a decade old (games that are often extremely flawed). Out of maybe a dozen times I was willing to spend 20- 40 dollars on a risky purchase, they walked away with only one sale and I regret that purchase because I am doing nothing but feeding their flawed pricing model. At one time I was proud to patronize Matrix, but not anymore.

Swatter....but as more and more of their games go onto Steam they are put on sale more frequently and with greater discounts. I got Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations in their recent summer sale for 50% off....not bad for a $79.99 game.
Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: Dammit Carl! on July 09, 2015, 08:58:45 AM
That, and the Humble Bundle deal they had a few weeks  back should awaken the Matrix folks to the idea that you can sell more games at a reasonable price and do better than keeping a premium price on a software that is nearly a decade old and never sell any of 'em.

At least one can hope.
Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: chemkid on July 09, 2015, 09:28:29 AM
wonder if steam makes the 'german discount' available to german customers... ?
amazon still sells(german language version) for approx. 10 euros and retail usually has the game for 5...

http://www.amazon.de/Gary-Grigsbys-War-East-German-Soviet/dp/B004S93TW0

cheers!
chem!

Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: Asid on July 09, 2015, 09:57:48 AM
Quote from: chemkid on July 09, 2015, 09:28:29 AM
wonder if steam makes the 'german discount' available to german customers... ?
amazon still sells(german language version) for approx. 10 euros and retail usually has the game for 5...

http://www.amazon.de/Gary-Grigsbys-War-East-German-Soviet/dp/B004S93TW0

cheers!
chem!

It can be used with English language :)
Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: Asid on July 09, 2015, 09:59:42 AM
Hi Chemkid

I have been following your map mod of  Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809. Great work  O0

Will the official patch ever come out????

Regards
Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: chemkid on July 09, 2015, 10:28:44 AM
Quote from: Asid on July 09, 2015, 09:59:42 AM
Hi Chemkid

I have been following your map mod of  Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809. Great work  O0

Will the official patch ever come out????

Regards
thank you! ...and, yeah, i hope so, too... frank uploaded the 3.04 patch almost one month ago - it's with matrix...  :(
was real fun re-making a 'fresh' map and counters for that game - really hope for the on/off switch for the grid-overlay,
frank mentioned something about that it'll be available again!  :)
Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: chemkid on July 09, 2015, 10:29:55 AM
again!  :( - always hit 'quote' instead of 'modify'!! aargh!  :-[
Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: chemkid on July 09, 2015, 10:30:10 AM
doublepost
Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 09, 2015, 11:22:57 AM
Game is live on Steam and at a 30% discount!
Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: Swatter on July 09, 2015, 12:05:46 PM
If Grigsby would have stuck to Corps scale units, I would have liked the game a lot more.
Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: spelk on July 30, 2015, 04:58:05 AM
Dunno if anyone has clocked this yet, but Casey Calouette has knocked out a number of very informative articles on War in the East, to get new folks to the game started. Worth a read.

http://caseycalouette.com/index.php/war-in-the-east/
Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: Pete Dero on July 30, 2015, 07:15:08 AM
Somebody on the Matrix forums found this as an indication that also War in the West will make an appearance on Steam (with a release sale ?).

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.matrixgames.com%2Fforums%2Fupfiles%2F48379%2F186AE57E3EF34750A88E54B647BF8C0F.jpg&hash=c19edb60171a1810e542a5fc9a675bb386a71f80)

Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: Great Ajax on July 30, 2015, 07:29:11 AM
You aren't going to see War in the West for quite awhile unless something big changed in the last two weeks.

Trey
Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: JasonPratt on July 31, 2015, 05:57:41 AM
Quote from: Great Ajax on July 30, 2015, 07:29:11 AM
You aren't going to see War in the West for quite awhile unless something big changed in the last two weeks.

"Hey, being on Steam is earning us a ridiculous amount of money, even for monster games like WitE. So, why don't we have WitW on it again?"

"Too new? Wait, no, we do release pretty much all new games on Steam nowadays."

"Well, we've got a new DLC for WitW coming up."

"THAT'LL DO!  :)) "
Title: Re: GG War in the East on Steam
Post by: Great Ajax on July 31, 2015, 08:58:58 AM
Massive steam sales would be a game changer.

I work on the project, and as of a couple of weeks ago, there was no interest in releasing WitW on Steam anytime soon.

Trey