GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: undercovergeek on July 10, 2015, 03:06:32 AM

Title: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: undercovergeek on July 10, 2015, 03:06:32 AM


1992, sun beaming down, Friday, 5pm - the end of the day as a management trainee at National Westminster Bank, wind all the windows down, start up the Mini Metro (!!) and blast this bad boy all the way home  :idiot2:

This weekend ill be sinking as many Allied ships as possible playing against KyzBP in WitP:AE

I shall be javelinising more of JDs tanks in CMBS seen as i cant find any more pixeltruppen to shoot

I bought Nexus Jupiter Incident on Steam and ill be giving that a blast too

Ive also found a route with a profit of over 3000 per ton in Elite so ill be exploiting that as i make my way towards my Asp

Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Kushan on July 10, 2015, 03:51:11 AM
World of Warships and Command are going to take up most of my gaming time, maybe with some Elite or EUIV thrown in.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Gusington on July 10, 2015, 06:55:14 AM
Finally start the Belisarius campaign in Attila: TW, as the Vandals. That is, after traffic duty with the Guard tomorrow (hoping to not get run down by a truck) and also after the Tesla, Styx and Def Leppard concert tomorrow night! ROCK!
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Barthheart on July 10, 2015, 06:55:24 AM
Finally a weekend without visitors.

So I have some VASSAL work to do and then because the weather's going to be nice I need to get to outside chores. So not much gaming... probably....
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: mirth on July 10, 2015, 07:06:32 AM
Tabletop gaming all day Saturday.

Also going to dust-off TOAW III, apply the latest upgrade and try to figure out how to play it properly for once in my life.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 10, 2015, 07:23:56 AM
Empire Total War, conquering the world as a fledgling United States. Some Red Solstice and hopefully some Operational Art of War.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Bison on July 10, 2015, 08:50:33 AM
Good God geek why not just play Barbie Girl and get it over with if you are going to pick horrible music.

Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: undercovergeek on July 10, 2015, 08:59:05 AM
i was 20, give me a break  ;D
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Bison on July 10, 2015, 09:08:58 AM
Hrmph! 
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Ubercat on July 10, 2015, 09:12:15 AM
Ha! And I clicked on the thread expecting to see the Cloudbusting video. I didn't even know that someone had sampled that song.

Not much gaming for me this weekend as my family will be visiting through Sunday. While they're here, I'll put out feelers to see about my brothers potential interest in games. We haven't even lived in the same state since 1986 so it's never come up. I know he likes Poker. I'll talk to him about Twilight Struggle first.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Sir Slash on July 10, 2015, 09:57:48 AM
I'll be trying to ignore the temptation from Rule The Waves for SAI by slowly pushing tanks forward in CMFI's Conrath's Counterattack campaign and beating-up on the Goths in The Last Roman for Attila TW.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 10, 2015, 09:58:21 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 10, 2015, 06:55:14 AM
Finally start the Belisarius campaign in Attila: TW, as the Vandals. That is, after traffic duty with the Guard tomorrow (hoping to not get run down by a truck) and also after the Tesla, Styx and Def Leppard concert tomorrow night! ROCK!
Cool  O0
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 10, 2015, 09:59:53 AM
Quote from: Bison on July 10, 2015, 08:50:33 AM
Good God geek why not just play Barbie Girl and get it over with if you are going to pick horrible music.
Your wish is my command

Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 10, 2015, 10:03:00 AM
Geek is decimating me in CM:BS. I sat back way too long and let him get a defensive position - AND the control zones. I am a very, very bad commander.

So more of the Getting my arse kicked in CM:BS

Also - muggins here pumped up the doh for F1 2015. Here's hoping (again!)

On Sunday I am going to Duxford for the Flying Legends airshow - I'll make sure I take some photos and post them down in Current Events

and Geek - I LOVED Utah Saints!  O0  O0
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Gusington on July 10, 2015, 10:09:17 AM
From Def Leppard to Barbie Girl in five posts. Impressive.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Pete Dero on July 10, 2015, 10:19:53 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 10, 2015, 10:03:00 AM

Also - muggins here pumped up the doh for F1 2015. Here's hoping (again!)



Maybe check out this first review : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-10-f1-2015-review
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: JasonPratt on July 10, 2015, 10:42:03 AM
Dad has a tricky pacemaker operation coming up this afternoon, so not much gaming likely this weekend; but maybe something good is going to happen.  O0

(We've had a good run since his original and technically fatal heart attack back in '96.  O:-) Can't complain, but doesn't hurt to hope this extends the run in a good way. Worst would be if he survives a bad procedure in an ongoing terrible state...)
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: undercovergeek on July 10, 2015, 10:57:38 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 10, 2015, 10:42:03 AM
Dad has a tricky pacemaker operation coming up this afternoon, so not much gaming likely this weekend; but maybe something good is going to happen.  O0

(We've had a good run since his original and technically fatal heart attack back in '96.  O:-) Can't complain, but doesn't hurt to hope this extends the run in a good way. Worst would be if he survives a bad procedure in an ongoing terrible state...)

Hope it goes well JP
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 10, 2015, 11:48:50 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on July 10, 2015, 10:19:53 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 10, 2015, 10:03:00 AM

Also - muggins here pumped up the doh for F1 2015. Here's hoping (again!)



Maybe check out this first review : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-10-f1-2015-review
Too late. FPS is screwed for me. It's like driving a formula one car whilst on weed!

I'm going to go back in and see what setting, if any, sorts it out. Maybe running 640x480 will help  :buck2:
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 10, 2015, 11:49:37 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 10, 2015, 10:42:03 AM
Dad has a tricky pacemaker operation coming up this afternoon, so not much gaming likely this weekend; but maybe something good is going to happen.  O0

(We've had a good run since his original and technically fatal heart attack back in '96.  O:-) Can't complain, but doesn't hurt to hope this extends the run in a good way. Worst would be if he survives a bad procedure in an ongoing terrible state...)
Yeah - good luck there Jason  :)
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Huw the Poo on July 10, 2015, 12:16:05 PM
Good luck to your dad, Jason.

This weekend I'm going to be all about the newly-discovered Civ 5 (I'm sure I was given it for free from someone on here actually - who was it?).  I shall have the house to myself for approximately 24 hours starting Saturday afternoon so I will no doubt finish my first game, then onto a new one with the Gods and Kings expansion pack. O0
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: BanzaiCat on July 10, 2015, 12:35:21 PM
Echoing well wishes for your dad, JP. :)

I don't know what I'll be doing - the family is returning Saturday at midnight from their three weeks in Arizona, so I might get a bit more gaming in tomorrow. I bought Lisa and Life Is Strange on sale from Steam last night...tried Life Is Strange for a bit and it was pretty fun. Basically a Telltale game but with time-travel superpowers; very intriguing.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: mirth on July 10, 2015, 12:37:48 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 10, 2015, 12:35:21 PM
Echoing well wishes for your dad, JP. :)

+1 Hope it goes well for him.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Asid on July 10, 2015, 12:51:29 PM
Thinking of you and your family JasonPratt.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Tuna on July 10, 2015, 01:17:33 PM
Good Luck Jason!
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Gusington on July 10, 2015, 01:25:52 PM
Good luck to your Dad, Pratt.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 10, 2015, 01:45:01 PM
Thoughts and prayers incoming, Jason.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Shelldrake on July 10, 2015, 01:59:36 PM
I hope your Dad's procedure goes well Jason. Sending positive thoughts your way.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Bison on July 10, 2015, 02:24:09 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 10, 2015, 09:59:53 AM
Quote from: Bison on July 10, 2015, 08:50:33 AM
Good God geek why not just play Barbie Girl and get it over with if you are going to pick horrible music.
Your wish is my command



WTF is wrong with you people?
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Bison on July 10, 2015, 02:24:42 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 10, 2015, 10:42:03 AM
Dad has a tricky pacemaker operation coming up this afternoon, so not much gaming likely this weekend; but maybe something good is going to happen.  O0

(We've had a good run since his original and technically fatal heart attack back in '96.  O:-) Can't complain, but doesn't hurt to hope this extends the run in a good way. Worst would be if he survives a bad procedure in an ongoing terrible state...)

Good luck to your father JP.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Airborne Rifles on July 10, 2015, 02:37:53 PM
Prayers for you father JP.


I'll be trying to fit in some CMANO this weekend. I've finished the Northern Fury 2 scenario and I need to finish up the AAR. Now on to Northern Fury 4: A Cold and Lonely Place.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: bbmike on July 10, 2015, 02:59:07 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 10, 2015, 10:42:03 AM
Dad has a tricky pacemaker operation coming up this afternoon, so not much gaming likely this weekend; but maybe something good is going to happen.  O0

(We've had a good run since his original and technically fatal heart attack back in '96.  O:-) Can't complain, but doesn't hurt to hope this extends the run in a good way. Worst would be if he survives a bad procedure in an ongoing terrible state...)

Hope everything works out good, Jason!

Any gaming for me will be tabletop (Catan and/or Tiny Epic Kingdoms).
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: W8taminute on July 10, 2015, 03:19:50 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 10, 2015, 10:42:03 AM
Dad has a tricky pacemaker operation coming up this afternoon, so not much gaming likely this weekend; but maybe something good is going to happen.  O0

(We've had a good run since his original and technically fatal heart attack back in '96.  O:-) Can't complain, but doesn't hurt to hope this extends the run in a good way. Worst would be if he survives a bad procedure in an ongoing terrible state...)

Your dad is in my prayers Jason. 


I just finished Bloodborne the other day and am now playing Toukiden Kiwami.  I'm also going to try and continue my career in Project Cars.  Then what ever else tickles my fancy.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: bob48 on July 10, 2015, 03:47:39 PM
Hope things go well for your dad, Jason.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Barthheart on July 10, 2015, 04:00:27 PM
Best wishes and a speedy recover for your Dad Jason. O0
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Staggerwing on July 10, 2015, 07:05:48 PM
Jason, I hope all goes well for your dad.


Quote from: Bison on July 10, 2015, 02:24:09 PM

WTF is wrong with you people?

I'm assuming that the question is rhetorical because you can't really, really want to know...
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: MetalDog on July 10, 2015, 07:23:16 PM
Prayers for your dad, JP.

Most of my gaming has been offline recently.  My kids have gotten the Magic the Gathering bug and we have been building and battling decks for the past several weeks.  Any online stuff will most likely be Warlock 2/Civ IV BtS/whatever tickles my fancy at the time.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: JasonPratt on July 10, 2015, 07:32:11 PM
Dad (and his doctors) matrixed the bullet again like it was no big thing!  O0 Assuming the night goes fine, which it looks like it will, he'll be home tomorrow.

Now we just have to hope the vegetation which was floating around in his bloodstream (and which was why he had to have his previous difib/maker removed a couple of years ago, because the "vegetation" started growing on it) has gone away. Or at least won't set up camp again on this side.

Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes!  O:-)
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Gusington on July 10, 2015, 07:47:59 PM
^Excellent, great news!
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: undercovergeek on July 10, 2015, 07:52:15 PM
I bought ronin - it's a hoot
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Gusington on July 10, 2015, 08:04:23 PM
What is it?
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Bison on July 10, 2015, 09:30:25 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on July 10, 2015, 07:23:16 PM
Prayers for your dad, JP.

Most of my gaming has been offline recently.  My kids have gotten the Magic the Gathering bug and we have been building and battling decks for the past several weeks.  Any online stuff will most likely be Warlock 2/Civ IV BtS/whatever tickles my fancy at the time.

Good man. MtG rocks.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Sir Slash on July 10, 2015, 10:32:28 PM
I tell you those Pratts are made of good stuff. Glad to hear your Dad's on the mend Jason.  O0
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Huw the Poo on July 11, 2015, 02:16:45 AM
Splendid news, Jason!
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: undercovergeek on July 11, 2015, 02:52:33 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 10, 2015, 08:04:23 PM
What is it?

A bit like mark of the ninja except the game goes turn based when in combat and your a motorcycle helmet wearing sword wielding nutter - no stealth, kill everyone to avenge your family
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Dimitris on July 11, 2015, 11:34:19 AM
Quote from: Airborne Rifles on July 10, 2015, 02:37:53 PM
I'll be trying to fit in some CMANO this weekend. I've finished the Northern Fury 2 scenario and I need to finish up the AAR. Now on to Northern Fury 4: A Cold and Lonely Place.
We're watching  :)
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: panzerde on July 11, 2015, 12:04:15 PM
Glad to hear your dad is doing well, Jason.

Ended up having to do a PC rebuild yesterday, so I suddenly have a lot fewer games installed. I've been putting back the stuff I'm actively playing and restoring older saved games from backup.

I'm finding myself much more attracted to board games right now than computer games. It shows in not just my playing but my purchasing.

I hope to play another day's worth of turns in Waterloo 20 so I can get the notes for my next AAR entry on the game.

Continued PBEM in Campaign Waterloo, Commander: The Great War, Combat Mission Black Sea and I need to pick a new scenario in John Tiller's Campaign Series for Jim and I to try.

Just started a new PBEM with simcityrefund playing the venerable John Tiller's Battleground Gettysburg. Fans of older systems like this will be pleased to know that it's running on Windows 10 without a hitch.

I also have an AAR I need to do on a recent game of AGEOD's Napoleon's Campaigns I played.

Right now though I'm going to go get a shave and haircut!

Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: KyzBP on July 11, 2015, 12:22:45 PM
In case you missed my status last week, I'll be sending my PBY's and PT boats out to harass and destroy UCG in our War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition PBEM.  Our AAR's can be found, ironically, in the AAR section.  There really is little time for anything else...including family  ???.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: MetalDog on July 11, 2015, 01:19:28 PM
No biggie.  They'll be there when you get done.  Granted, they may have graduated, gotten married, and brought you grandchildren by the time you're done, but, they'll still be there ;)
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: KyzBP on July 11, 2015, 01:32:13 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on July 11, 2015, 01:19:28 PM
No biggie.  They'll be there when you get done.  Granted, they may have graduated, gotten married, and brought you grandchildren by the time you're done, but, they'll still be there ;)

I just hope my wife's next husband understands the dedication it takes to play this game PBEM.  I can't have him playing Candy Crush while I'm trying to invade Rabaul.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: MetalDog on July 11, 2015, 02:54:50 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!  That's the spirit!!
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: panzerde on July 11, 2015, 03:09:20 PM
It's a sad fact that the women will go for the Candy Crush players over a true grog. You'd think more women would appreciate the sort of dedication and sacrifice a man like KyzBP displays.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Sir Slash on July 11, 2015, 03:18:19 PM
Yes, only real men can pull-off a perfectly timed PT Boat ambush or mine-laying Op.
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Tuna on July 11, 2015, 03:38:32 PM
Now Bawb has great taste in Music.. he turned me on to this video! These are 'musicians'

Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: bob48 on July 11, 2015, 03:48:54 PM
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
Title: Re: FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 11, 2015, 10:03:21 PM
Ended up loading Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Forgot how utterly kickass this game is...