GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Tech Talk => Topic started by: mirth on July 13, 2015, 11:17:58 AM

Title: The IT dept has the most unhappy, unsatisfied employees
Post by: mirth on July 13, 2015, 11:17:58 AM
This doesn't exactly come as a shock to me

http://deloitte.wsj.com/cio/2015/06/29/the-season-of-its-discontent/
Title: Re: The IT dept has the most unhappy, unsatisfied employees
Post by: bayonetbrant on July 13, 2015, 01:59:46 PM
:)
Title: Re: The IT dept has the most unhappy, unsatisfied employees
Post by: Martok on July 21, 2015, 01:40:58 PM
^  Heh.  Yep, sounds about right from everything I've heard. 




Quote from: mirth on July 13, 2015, 11:17:58 AM
This doesn't exactly come as a shock to me

http://deloitte.wsj.com/cio/2015/06/29/the-season-of-its-discontent/
Nor I -- and not just because of your stories.  I never have and never will work in IT (I'm not even remotely qualified), and I could've told you that.  ::) 

Title: Re: The IT dept has the most unhappy, unsatisfied employees
Post by: mirth on July 21, 2015, 04:47:30 PM
I'll let you in on a little secret. Technical skill or knowledge is not really a requirement for a career in IT.
Title: Re: The IT dept has the most unhappy, unsatisfied employees
Post by: Staggerwing on July 21, 2015, 07:06:16 PM
Quote from: mirth on July 21, 2015, 04:47:30 PM
I'll let you in on a little secret. Technical skill or knowledge is not really a requirement for a career in IT.

I'm guessing that the only real requirement is showing up at work knowing that the fridge back home is well stocked with beer.
Title: Re: The IT dept has the most unhappy, unsatisfied employees
Post by: mirth on July 22, 2015, 08:25:52 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 21, 2015, 07:06:16 PM
I'm guessing that the only real requirement is showing up at work knowing that the fridge back home is well stocked with beer.

It's required as a coping mechanism.
Title: Re: The IT dept has the most unhappy, unsatisfied employees
Post by: DoctorQuest on July 24, 2015, 07:28:32 PM
Quote from: mirth on July 21, 2015, 04:47:30 PM
I'll let you in on a little secret. Technical skill or knowledge is not really a requirement for a career in IT.

Don't get me started. I work for a global company. Referencing Brant's item ---- some of these people don't even know what fruit is.