GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on July 16, 2015, 08:03:42 PM

Title: WH40K: Inquisitor
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 16, 2015, 08:03:42 PM


Quote
"The single player campaign pitches players into a grim and secret war among the stars as the agents of the ever-vigilant Inquisition. After the end of the campaign the story continues in a colossal sandboxed game set in the same secluded sector of this vast universe. This persistent setting grants years of constant entertainment, gradual development and a continuous flow of content that enriches the Action-RPG gameplay."

This is by Neocore, the same group that did King Arthur the RPG and the Van Helsing games.
Title: Re: WH40K: Inquisitor
Post by: Staggerwing on July 16, 2015, 09:02:34 PM
That reminds me- I need to order a hardcopy of Pariah: Ravenor vs Eisenhorn. I do love my digital books but I read the first two Inquisitor books in DT format and feel I need to read this one the same way.
Title: Re: WH40K: Inquisitor
Post by: Nefaro on July 16, 2015, 11:52:48 PM
We've needed an Action-RPG for 40k.   

Interesting to be an Inquisitor for a change.  Hopefully it's not too console.



Title: Re: WH40K: Inquisitor
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on July 17, 2015, 12:22:04 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 16, 2015, 08:03:42 PM


Quote
"The single player campaign pitches players into a grim and secret war among the stars as the agents of the ever-vigilant Inquisition. After the end of the campaign the story continues in a colossal sandboxed game set in the same secluded sector of this vast universe. This persistent setting grants years of constant entertainment, gradual development and a continuous flow of content that enriches the Action-RPG gameplay."

This is by Neocore, the same group that did King Arthur the RPG and the Van Helsing games

King Arthur had great style. The music, art, and story had great appeal. I was not a fan of the take and hold win mechanic. I know a lot of other games have the same.
Title: Re: WH40K: Inquisitor
Post by: Tpek on July 17, 2015, 04:56:08 AM
I'll be keeping an eye up for this.
Though be warned Neocore are notorious for buggy releases.
Title: Re: WH40K: Inquisitor
Post by: Gusington on July 17, 2015, 07:29:54 AM
The original King Arthur and the original Van Helsing were bug free for me.

Don't know much about the sequels to either.

Looking forward to this though, and congrats to NeoCore for grabbing a piece of the Games Workshop pie.
Title: Re: WH40K: Inquisitor
Post by: TacticalWargames on July 17, 2015, 10:12:01 AM
I thought the Dawn of War games pref DoW 2 where action RPG's? I think we really need either a turn based or WEGO based platoon or squad size tactical wargame (not Matrix game as I don't like Panzer General type games..I wnat to see a more detailed tactical wargame)..similar to the tabletop game..but it will never happen . They rather let developers develop 90% rubbish under the IP. I really don't think it would affect their tabletop sales..infact I can see it increasing them.

Quote from: Nefaro on July 16, 2015, 11:52:48 PM
We've needed an Action-RPG for 40k.   

Interesting to be an Inquisitor for a change.  Hopefully it's not too console.
Title: Re: WH40K: Inquisitor
Post by: Nefaro on July 17, 2015, 10:21:37 AM
Quote from: TacticalWargames on July 17, 2015, 10:12:01 AM
I thought the Dawn of War games pref DoW 2 where action RPG's? I think we really need either a turn based or WEGO based platoon or squad size tactical wargame (not Matrix game as I don't like Panzer General type games..I wnat to see a more detailed tactical wargame)..similar to the tabletop game..but it will never happen . They rather let developers develop 90% rubbish under the IP. I really don't think it would affect their tabletop sales..infact I can see it increasing them.

Quote from: Nefaro on July 16, 2015, 11:52:48 PM
We've needed an Action-RPG for 40k.   

Interesting to be an Inquisitor for a change.  Hopefully it's not too console.



Naa.  DOW2 was a squad level RTS with a few minimal RPG-ish additions.


When I read "Action RPG", I think Diablo-style play.   Or something like The Elder Scrolls series.
Title: Re: WH40K: Inquisitor
Post by: JasonPratt on July 17, 2015, 12:33:31 PM
To be fair, DoW2 kind of looked like an action RPG sometimes.

Man, what world do we live in now? -- Warhammery goodness dropping everywhere all the time (plus a good smattering of pseudo-GW games challenging Space Hulk)!