GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: Centurion40 on May 09, 2012, 09:20:42 AM

Title: Plane lost
Post by: Centurion40 on May 09, 2012, 09:20:42 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/09/world/asia/indonesia-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

QuoteRussian plane disappears in demonstration flight in Indonesia

Title: Re: Plane lost
Post by: LongBlade on May 09, 2012, 10:11:01 AM
Heard that. Apparently some search helos had to turn back due to "bad weather."
Title: Re: Plane lost
Post by: Gusington on May 09, 2012, 10:23:42 AM
"The plane began making its descent but vanished from radar screens at 6,200 feet in a mountainous area."

eek
Title: Re: Plane lost
Post by: TheCommandTent on May 10, 2012, 07:50:11 AM
Looks like they found it  :-\

QuoteRescuers discovered the shattered wreckage of a new Russian-made passenger plane Thursday that smashed into the side of an Indonesian volcano during a flight to impress potential buyers. All 45 people on board were feared dead.

http://news.yahoo.com/bodies-found-russian-jet-wreckage-indonesia-084502696.html
Title: Re: Plane lost
Post by: Staggerwing on May 10, 2012, 08:19:01 AM
I've very sorry to hear it, although it is certainly not unexpected.
Title: Re: Plane lost
Post by: Gusington on May 10, 2012, 09:33:32 AM
I'm guessing the potential buyers are not impressed.
Title: Re: Plane lost
Post by: Staggerwing on May 10, 2012, 02:45:59 PM
I believe that the buyers may have been on board. The trip probably made quite an impact on them...
Title: Re: Plane lost
Post by: Gusington on May 10, 2012, 02:47:14 PM
^Naughty.
Title: Re: Plane lost
Post by: Martok on May 11, 2012, 02:55:06 AM
Not to detract from the tragedy of the situation, but I first read the thread's title as "Planet lost".  I was mighty confused there for a few moments... 

Title: Re: Plane lost
Post by: bob48 on May 11, 2012, 10:32:00 AM
If someone don't get a 'Uranus' joke in, then I'd say we are slipping...........