GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: spelk on July 21, 2015, 02:25:16 AM

Title: XO
Post by: spelk on July 21, 2015, 02:25:16 AM
This looks groovey, a new kickstarter, I've actually been following its pre-KS life under Square Enix Web.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jumpdrive/xo-a-retro-sci-fi-strategy-game-for-pc-mac-linux

Title: Re: XO
Post by: Rayfer on July 21, 2015, 08:24:15 AM
"Groovey"....haven't heard that word (except in movies) since high school in the late 60's.
Title: Re: XO
Post by: Barthheart on July 21, 2015, 08:33:06 AM
Well.... looking at that project... groovy does spring to mind....  ^-^
Title: Re: XO
Post by: Greybriar on July 21, 2015, 12:24:32 PM

Feeling Groovy by Simon & Garfunkel.

I just couldn't help myself.  :P
Title: Re: XO
Post by: Huw the Poo on July 21, 2015, 12:31:18 PM
Heh, groovy is just the word actually!  Yeah I'd buy this if it comes out.  Good find, Spelk!
Title: Re: XO
Post by: spelk on July 21, 2015, 12:46:41 PM
As a child of the sixties I think its important to get the word groovey back into our vocbulary, along with ace, fab, lush, and brill. ;)
Title: Re: XO
Post by: RedArgo on July 21, 2015, 01:28:27 PM
So, how should I use "ace" in conversation?  I like the sound of that.
Title: Re: XO
Post by: Huw the Poo on July 21, 2015, 01:50:33 PM
Quote from: RedArgo on July 21, 2015, 01:28:27 PM
So, how should I use "ace" in conversation?  I like the sound of that.

Check out this game in development!  It looks ace!

(It means good)
Title: Re: XO
Post by: RedArgo on July 21, 2015, 03:11:16 PM
Thanks, I have my board game group tonight, so I will be sure to use it often.

Back to the game, it looks interesting, but I already have a number of games purchased, but in development, so I may hold off, then again it is only $10, so...
Title: Re: XO
Post by: bbmike on July 21, 2015, 05:50:18 PM
Quote from: spelk on July 21, 2015, 12:46:41 PM
As a child of the sixties I think its important to get the word groovey back into our vocbulary, along with ace, fab, lush, and brill. ;)

I reach that, brother!
Title: Re: XO
Post by: bobarossa on July 21, 2015, 06:45:45 PM
Quote from: spelk on July 21, 2015, 12:46:41 PM
As a child of the sixties I think its important to get the word groovey back into our vocbulary, along with ace, fab, lush, and brill. ;)
Although I'm old enough to have used those words when they were popular, I was a nerd and probably said 'neat' alot.
Title: Re: XO
Post by: Greybriar on July 21, 2015, 08:13:45 PM
Right on, man! Far out!!  ;)
Title: Re: XO
Post by: panzerde on July 21, 2015, 08:55:01 PM
Well, there goes another $20. Far, far out, man!
Title: Re: XO
Post by: Staggerwing on July 21, 2015, 09:19:14 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on July 21, 2015, 08:24:15 AM
"Groovey"....haven't heard that word (except in movies) since high school in the late 60's.

Title: Re: XO
Post by: FarAway Sooner on July 21, 2015, 09:28:36 PM
What the heck does "brill" mean?

And if you won't tell me, than just get off my cloud, man.
Title: Re: XO
Post by: Staggerwing on July 21, 2015, 09:33:39 PM
Well, in Dutch it means 'eyeglasses'.

Dunno why I know that...  ;)
Title: Re: XO
Post by: reapagan on July 21, 2015, 10:39:14 PM
 
QuoteI reach that, brother!

Yay brother... are you one?
Title: Re: XO
Post by: spelk on July 22, 2015, 02:14:48 AM
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on July 21, 2015, 09:28:36 PM
What the heck does "brill" mean?

I believe its a shortened version of Brilliant. Brill!

I'll leave "Fandabbydozey" out of the conversation.