GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Tech Talk => Topic started by: JasonPratt on July 22, 2015, 08:21:59 AM

Title: Straight-faced tech jokes from ThioJoe
Post by: JasonPratt on July 22, 2015, 08:21:59 AM
Y'all probably know about this guy already: he does tech (and related life-hack) joke videos, just to see how plausible he can make a ridiculous claim sound. (And also some real tech on a similar but different channel.)

I spent about an hour this morning trying to figure out if his video on upgrading PS3 operating software to PS4 was real; and once I realized he had to be spoofing people, I figured he'd be a good comedy entry here for anyone who hasn't heard about him.

His jokes are carefully non-destructive (one of the things that made me initially suspicious was the specific command he insisted on for reformatting a new system off a PS4 disc -- I didn't think it could do that, but the other system commands would have definitely hurt the PS3.) Here's one for getting many new TVs to upgrade to 4K video for free!  :coolsmiley: I won't spoil how he 'does' it, since that's the joke.





And the (joke) channel link. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQSpnDG3YsFNf5-qHocF-WQ
Title: Re: Straight-faced tech jokes from ThioJoe
Post by: Freyland on July 27, 2015, 10:34:33 AM
The "joke" lacks a punchline.  If the brief Tweet blurb is supposed to be it, then the punchline is a flatline. Not at all motivated to watch him further.