GrogHeads Forum

Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis => Wargaming => Topic started by: bayonetbrant on July 23, 2015, 07:01:49 AM

Title: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: bayonetbrant on July 23, 2015, 07:01:49 AM
https://apps.quanticfoundry.com/gamerprofile/10/9f82001aa3d84075a56eae2af481b5
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: Bison on July 23, 2015, 07:14:33 AM
There seems to be something wrong with the link.
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: Barthheart on July 23, 2015, 07:25:36 AM
Doesn't work for me either....
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: BanzaiCat on July 23, 2015, 08:29:55 AM
I think this is a redirect to cakefarts.com. Brant is messing with us.
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: mirth on July 23, 2015, 08:36:20 AM
Mine is "Application Error". Interesting.
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: BanzaiCat on July 23, 2015, 08:39:47 AM
Farting on a cake could be considered an error in application, I suppose.
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 23, 2015, 10:23:11 AM
Your Gaming Style : Calm, Analytical, Relaxed, Independent, and Grounded.

Mastery: 57%
Creativity: 40%
Immersion: 25%
Social: 19%
Action:15%
Achievement: 0%
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: mirth on July 23, 2015, 10:42:48 AM
Driven, Independent, and Deeply Immersed:

Mastery: 45%
Creativity: 58%
Immersion: 93%
Social: 5%
Action:54%
Achievement: 68%
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: BanzaiCat on July 23, 2015, 10:47:17 AM
Spontaneous, Independent, Deeply Immersed, and Creative

Immersion: 90%
Creativity: 72%
Action: 54%
Achievement: 53%
Social: 21%
Mastery: 10%
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: Barthheart on July 23, 2015, 10:50:15 AM
More for video gaming than boardgaming section ::) but...

Your  Gaming Style : Aggressive, Analytical, Driven, Grounded, and Creative

Achievement: 83%
Creativity: 71%
Action: 70%
Mastery: 40%
Social: 36%
Immersion: 23%

Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: BanzaiCat on July 23, 2015, 11:00:39 AM
So basically, we hate playing games with other people.
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: Barthheart on July 23, 2015, 11:02:54 AM
I've always hated people so I'm not that surprised....  :P
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: bbmike on July 23, 2015, 11:03:43 AM
Your Gaming Style : Calm, Analytical, Relaxed, Independent, and Grounded

Creativity: 49%
Mastery: 33%
Immersion: 25%
Social: 9%
Achievement: 4%
Action: 3%

Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: TacticalWargames on July 23, 2015, 11:04:12 AM
Your Gaming Style : Calm, Analytical, Relaxed, and Independent

The Action Components (11%)
The Mastery Components (41%)
The Achievement Components (10%)
The Social Components (2%)
The Immersion Components (37%)
The Creativity Components (51%)
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: Bison on July 23, 2015, 11:10:18 AM
Your  Gaming Style : Aggressive, Analytical, and Relaxed
The Action Components (53%)
The Mastery Components (49%)
The Achievement Components (32%)
The Social Components (10%)
The Immersion Components (36%)
The Creativity Components (41%)

I like people just fine especially if they are not in my space or generally around me.
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: BanzaiCat on July 23, 2015, 11:12:25 AM
Quote from: Bison on July 23, 2015, 11:10:18 AM
I like people just fine especially if they are not in my space or generally around me.

;D

+1

I blame working in retail for making me hate humanity in general.
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: bbmike on July 23, 2015, 11:23:25 AM
I think what he means is:

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fgn.jpg&hash=23a278c962ac8753d8dd6635d1cb2b3b198bee36)
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: LongBlade on July 23, 2015, 02:07:14 PM
Interesting.

I struggled a bit with this until I looked back at my days playing Call of Duty with you guys. Then I locked in.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj349%2Flongblade%2FGrogHeads%2Fgamer%2520profile%2520from%2520quantic%2520foundry%2520chart_zpss6vgat8z.jpeg&hash=e45747499fb3d45398be342a4d39b7cd116a59c4)
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: BanzaiCat on July 23, 2015, 02:25:00 PM
I remember BF1942 and BF-Vietnam back in those days. That was social. Demented and sad, but social.
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: Nefaro on July 23, 2015, 05:16:59 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi57.tinypic.com%2F2w3nvqe.jpg&hash=d04f9d18214616bccab5f70f2c5f5de3d2bbd155)

Their "Immersion" classification is a rather limited interpretation.  I think they've used a term that encompasses much more than what they intended, which was obviously only weighted toward character back story. 

Since I really enjoy some of the modernized classical-style roguelikes, which have practically no back story, it obviously skewed that whole category.  But we can just as easily be "immersed" in a Sim or historical strategy game as an RPG and the questions didn't really reflect that.  I'd give Rise Of Flight or WOFF pretty high levels on an immersion scale, for example, but you don't necessarily have extensive built-in back story for your "character". 
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: LongBlade on July 23, 2015, 09:16:43 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 23, 2015, 02:25:00 PM
I remember BF1942 and BF-Vietnam back in those days. That was social. Demented and sad, but social.

Sad? That's because you got your ass kicked. (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj349%2Flongblade%2FSmilies%2Fwwiifps.gif&hash=376a2556b18cc83f706feb55e5e7e3c230b2b5b8)
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: BanzaiCat on July 24, 2015, 06:47:00 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on July 23, 2015, 09:16:43 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 23, 2015, 02:25:00 PM
I remember BF1942 and BF-Vietnam back in those days. That was social. Demented and sad, but social.

Sad? That's because you got your ass kicked. (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj349%2Flongblade%2FSmilies%2Fwwiifps.gif&hash=376a2556b18cc83f706feb55e5e7e3c230b2b5b8)

Oh my, I think you have a very skewed view of what happened back then, sir.

The Kubelwagen was my weapon of choice! Y'all used to topple about like bowling pins in front of that thing.  >:D
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: Bison on July 24, 2015, 08:53:54 AM
We had a pretty good run a couple of years ago playing L4D2.  It's where we discovered Bob's love of being hit with a frying pan.
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: BanzaiCat on July 24, 2015, 08:55:40 AM
Quote from: Bison on July 24, 2015, 08:53:54 AM
We had a pretty good run a couple of years ago playing L4D2.  It's where we discovered Bob's love of being hit with a frying pan.

I have that on Steam and it's one of the very few games I've played online with other people. I usually hate online games because of all the kids, cheating, and other issues (usually technical, related to my old rig). I didn't have a bad time at all with L4D2...everyone was surprisingly good and not critical...then again I didn't have chat enabled, so...
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: LongBlade on July 24, 2015, 10:16:09 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 24, 2015, 06:47:00 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on July 23, 2015, 09:16:43 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 23, 2015, 02:25:00 PM
I remember BF1942 and BF-Vietnam back in those days. That was social. Demented and sad, but social.

Sad? That's because you got your ass kicked. (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj349%2Flongblade%2FSmilies%2Fwwiifps.gif&hash=376a2556b18cc83f706feb55e5e7e3c230b2b5b8)

Oh my, I think you have a very skewed view of what happened back then, sir.

The Kubelwagen was my weapon of choice! Y'all used to topple about like bowling pins in front of that thing.  >:D

Yeah, you needed to sneak attack with that Kubelwagen - it was the only thing you hit anyone with.
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: BanzaiCat on July 25, 2015, 10:02:07 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on July 24, 2015, 10:16:09 PM
Yeah, you needed to sneak attack with that Kubelwagen - it was the only thing you hit anyone with.

Why the hell do you think I used it?

That Iwo map was the best.
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: LongBlade on July 25, 2015, 11:33:29 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on July 23, 2015, 05:16:59 PM


Their "Immersion" classification is a rather limited interpretation.  I think they've used a term that encompasses much more than what they intended, which was obviously only weighted toward character back story. 

I agree.

I like really immersive games, but I'm under no illusion that I'm actually the protagonist.
Title: Re: What's Your Gaming Style?
Post by: panzerde on July 27, 2015, 05:58:35 PM
My style is apparently impatient. I got about four questions in and decided I really couldn't be arsed to answer "what is your favorite game of all time?"

I hate filling out forms. A lot.
:knuppel2: