GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: undercovergeek on July 28, 2015, 09:48:33 AM

Title: Mafia 3 trailer inbound & Battletech Kickstarter inbound
Post by: undercovergeek on July 28, 2015, 09:48:33 AM
https://twitter.com/mafiagame/status/625999050328772608/photo/1

the cars look very 70s - looking forward to some goodfellas/godfather like action
Title: Re: Mafia 3 trailer inbound
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 28, 2015, 10:23:18 AM
That is some SUPERB news right there!

Cheers for the heeds up  O0
Title: Re: Mafia 3 trailer inbound
Post by: TacticalWargames on July 28, 2015, 10:23:56 AM
Really enjoyed the first two games..both completed which is very unusual for me.
Title: Re: Mafia 3 trailer inbound
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 28, 2015, 10:36:23 AM
I think I completed the first one 3 times and the second one twice before spending a hundred hours or more on the free driving.

Best games with a dirty...period.  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Mafia 3 trailer inbound
Post by: undercovergeek on July 28, 2015, 10:37:06 AM
finished 1, got to finish 2 - got lost in Elite last year
Title: Re: Mafia 3 trailer inbound
Post by: SirAndrewD on July 28, 2015, 08:48:23 PM
Never played these, but I see Mafia II is on sale on Steam.  For $6 I might have to check it out.
Title: Re: Mafia 3 trailer inbound
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 29, 2015, 12:32:14 AM
I've got 270 hours logged on Mafia II.

Obviously not all that is the story - but driving around, causing mayhem, listening to the music and soaking up the atmosphere is as great fun as the story mode.

In fact - exactly the same as Mafia I.

I would always ALWAYS recommend someone play I before they play II. There's a link - a very touching link - that you won't get if you don't.

Also - as a self confessed graphics whore, I can guarantee you Mafia I is the only game I could ever go back to playing (and have done - 3 times). The music. The story. The city. The missions.

Man - everytime I talk about these games it brings back how good they were flooding back.

Mafia I may well be getting reinstalled (Mafia II has NEVER been uninstalled since I bought it years ago).
Title: Re: Mafia 3 trailer inbound & Battletech Kickstarter inbound
Post by: undercovergeek on July 29, 2015, 11:09:44 AM
and now this too



TACTICAL 'MECH COMBAT RETURNS TO THE PC.

Harebrained Schemes is pleased to announce their return to Kickstarter this Fall to partner with Backers in co-funding the creation of BATTLETECH. Jordan Weisman, the creator of BattleTech and MechWarrior, is back with the first turn-based BattleTech game for PC in over two decades. Steeped in the feudal political intrigue of the BattleTech universe, the game will feature an open-ended Mercenaries-style campaign that blends RPG 'Mech and MechWarrior management with modern turn-based tactics.
Title: Re: Mafia 3 trailer inbound & Battletech Kickstarter inbound
Post by: undercovergeek on August 09, 2015, 12:46:48 PM
here it is

Title: Re: Mafia 3 trailer inbound & Battletech Kickstarter inbound
Post by: JudgeDredd on August 09, 2015, 01:22:43 PM
Nice. Very much looking forward to this one!