GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: jomni on July 29, 2015, 07:02:21 AM

Title: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: jomni on July 29, 2015, 07:02:21 AM
From Slitherine Facebook post:

QuoteGreat news! There will be a new DLC for Panzer Corps, and it will be about one of the most famous "what if" of WWII! Stay tuned for further information!

Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 29, 2015, 07:26:42 AM
Only thing that might interest me is Operation Downfall. Haven't seen that gamed too often at all.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: kassdhal on July 29, 2015, 07:54:02 AM
Another of Slitherine's DLC priced at $10 and worth $2?  :o
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: spelk on July 29, 2015, 08:35:22 AM
Operation Sealion?
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: smittyohio on July 29, 2015, 08:43:42 AM
Quote from: spelk on July 29, 2015, 08:35:22 AM
Operation Sealion?

Yup...  http://www.matrixgames.com/products/585/details/Panzer.Corps:.Operation.Sea.Lion
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: Shelldrake on July 29, 2015, 08:53:12 AM
I was contacted by Slitherine some time ago with a request to be a beta tester for a Panzer Corps expansion. I assume it was for Sea Lion. I agreed but did not hear anything more.  :(
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: Sir Slash on July 29, 2015, 10:41:44 AM
Totally off topic, but. Operation Sealion-- the name. I can see "Sea Lion" being a good German, conquering kind of name but "Sealion"? That's just a fat, lazy, noisy seal. If you've ever seen one all they do is lay around shit, bark and scratch themselves. How could that scare anyone? A better name would've been, Operation Rosie O'Donnel Naked. That's get me to Canada in a hurry.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: Pete Dero on July 29, 2015, 12:45:33 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on July 29, 2015, 10:41:44 AM
Totally off topic, but. Operation Sealion--

In german it was called  Unternehmen Seelöwe.  The correct english term should be Sea Lion.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: Sir Slash on July 29, 2015, 02:32:18 PM
Yes, I know. But I just think it funny how close it resembles a fat, lazy sea creature as opposed to a swift, dangerous animal coming from the sea.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: steve58 on July 29, 2015, 04:27:59 PM
Wasn't Op Sea Lion already covered in one of the DLCs??  Like Jarhead, I'd would have preferred Operation Downfall...something my father most likely missed (thankfully!).
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: Gusington on July 29, 2015, 07:18:05 PM
^I thought Sea Lion was covered already too. And I definitely would have liked to see an Operation Downfall DLC instead. Or something like Panzer Corps: 1946 which could lead to Panzer Corps: Cold War.

Or Operation Hello Kitty.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: Staggerwing on July 29, 2015, 07:35:17 PM
Or Wah-wah One?
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: jomni on July 29, 2015, 08:00:50 PM
(https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1345415092/smiling-sealion.jpg)
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: Staggerwing on July 29, 2015, 08:06:42 PM
Quote from: jomni on July 29, 2015, 08:00:50 PM
(https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1345415092/smiling-sealion.jpg)

"Where is your Aquaman god now?"
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: Sir Slash on July 29, 2015, 09:35:52 PM
Damn! Is that Rosie O'Donnel? I remember her whiskers being longer.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: JasonPratt on July 31, 2015, 06:02:47 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on July 29, 2015, 02:32:18 PM
Yes, I know. But I just think it funny how close it resembles a fat, lazy sea creature as opposed to a swift, dangerous animal coming from the sea.

I don't know about sea lions, but sea leopards are no joke -- at least while they're in the sea. On land, yeah, they're pretty terrible, but at sea they can be monsters. I assume sea lions, being basically the same thing, are just as uber unter wasser.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: Sir Slash on July 31, 2015, 08:42:43 AM
I watched a show recently about Killer Whales and Damn are they named correctly. Truly the wolves of the ocean.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: Apocalypse 31 on August 07, 2015, 07:10:42 PM
I was really hoping for something post-WW2. Cold War would be nice.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: Gusington on August 07, 2015, 07:15:10 PM
Damned right.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps New DLC
Post by: FarAway Sooner on August 07, 2015, 11:52:43 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on July 31, 2015, 08:42:43 AM
I watched a show recently about Killer Whales and Damn are they named correctly. Truly the five-ton wolves of the ocean.

There, I fixed it for you.  They also cry terribly when their young are carted off to amusement parks.  Ditch Seaworld, watch Blackfish!

>:(