GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on July 29, 2015, 03:29:40 PM

Title: Battletech
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 29, 2015, 03:29:40 PM
Awwwwwwwww, yeah!!!!

Quote
Harebrained Schemes is pleased to announce their return to Kickstarter this Fall to partner with Backers in co-funding the creation of BATTLETECH. Jordan Weisman, the creator of BattleTech and MechWarrior, is back with the first turn-based BattleTech game for PC in over two decades. Steeped in the feudal political intrigue of the BattleTech universe, the game will feature an open-ended Mercenaries-style campaign that blends RPG 'Mech and MechWarrior management with modern turn-based tactics.

http://battletechgame.com/ (http://battletechgame.com/)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fbattletechgame.com%2Fmedia%2FBATTLETECH_03_HBS.jpg&hash=7e30e3c612580f4793ec90f9948d42e864592883)
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: undercovergeek on July 29, 2015, 03:49:12 PM
Pfffft you're soooooooo behind the times

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=14361.0
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Pinetree on July 29, 2015, 04:23:08 PM
Oh.

Hell.

Yeah.

What's the bet this game meets it's KS goal in the first hour?
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 29, 2015, 05:05:41 PM
I don't know what it is  :(
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 29, 2015, 05:10:50 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 29, 2015, 03:49:12 PM
Pfffft you're soooooooo behind the times

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=14361.0

Sorry, I saw Mafia 3 and then moved on. Battletech deserves its own thread, no?
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: SirAndrewD on July 29, 2015, 05:19:11 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 29, 2015, 05:10:50 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 29, 2015, 03:49:12 PM
Pfffft you're soooooooo behind the times

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=14361.0

Sorry, I saw Mafia 3 and then moved on. Battletech deserves its own thread, no?

News this good deserves its own thread. 

Seriously, take my money now.  I'm pledging BIG if this even remotely looks like what they're offering. 

This has been something I've wanted since Crescent Hawk's Revenge.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: undercovergeek on July 29, 2015, 05:30:33 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 29, 2015, 05:10:50 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 29, 2015, 03:49:12 PM
Pfffft you're soooooooo behind the times

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=14361.0

Sorry, I saw Mafia 3 and then moved on. Battletech deserves its own thread, no?

Yes you're right, I did wonder at the time

I hear the game referenced a lot but I've never played it
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: kludger on July 29, 2015, 05:37:23 PM
Description sounds good.

Hopefully it has a good singleplayer story and campaign and not just a relaunch of "Mechwarrior Tactics" which was pretty laggy and boring until it died when IGP went out of business...
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: WYBaugh on July 29, 2015, 06:12:32 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.quickmeme.com%2Fimg%2F38%2F38326861746642f0ea9911a4aaf0fce154c9a4229e4e3e9318b9b776c167c12a.jpg&hash=a537a6336f77436bd3c354bd4decc6504cd3c572)
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: MetalDog on July 29, 2015, 06:29:36 PM
I've never funded a Kickstarter, but, if they need my money, I'm in!
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Bison on July 29, 2015, 06:51:29 PM
I'm tentatively very excited about the possibilities, but I want to see some screen shots and more information about how they plan on implementing game mechanics.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: panzerde on July 29, 2015, 08:23:03 PM
Damn straight I'll throw money at that!
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: RooksBailey on July 29, 2015, 09:52:49 PM
Seeing the fantastic job they did with Shadowrun, I will most definitely be backing this.   O0
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: undercovergeek on July 30, 2015, 03:27:22 AM
News and interviews and stuff

http://www.alistdaily.com/news/harebrained-schemes-plans-the-return-of-battletech
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Pinetree on July 30, 2015, 03:41:54 AM
They're setting it in 3025 too. Good. No Clans or funky weapons/armour.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: jomni on July 30, 2015, 03:42:57 AM
Quote from: Pinetree on July 30, 2015, 03:41:54 AM
They're setting it in 3025 too. Good. No Clans or funky weapons/armour.

But that's the era where they plagiarized a lot of robots from other (Japanese) franchises.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 30, 2015, 03:43:54 AM
I still don't know about this and all you lot have lost your marbles over it.

I'm interested in a remake of Mech Warrior (which I thought was on the cards) - not some stinky turn based rubbish  >:D
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: undercovergeek on July 30, 2015, 04:00:35 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 30, 2015, 03:43:54 AM
I still don't know about this and all you lot have lost your marbles over it.

I'm interested in a remake of Mech Warrior (which I thought was on the cards) - not some stinky turn based rubbish  >:D

i was a proper dice rolling, space marine blasting, blood bowl chairman, dungeons and dragons geek in the late 80s and early 90s but the battletech stuff, and the shadow run stuff completely passed me by

for those people who are excited think about your model love, something from the past that gets you all tingly, i have this for warhammer total war, these guys have it for battletech
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Pinetree on July 30, 2015, 04:10:02 AM
Quote from: jomni on July 30, 2015, 03:42:57 AM
Quote from: Pinetree on July 30, 2015, 03:41:54 AM
They're setting it in 3025 too. Good. No Clans or funky weapons/armour.

But that's the era where they plagiarized a lot of robots from other (Japanese) franchises.

Catalyst are redoing the Unseen (http://bg.battletech.com/news/news-and-announcements/drop-pod-sequence-initiatedthree-two-one/) and I've heard a rumour that HBS wil use Catalyst's designs. Quote below is from the linked article:

QuoteREIMAGINING THE CLASSICS

The re-designing of the unseen BattleMechs that was accomplished as part of Project Phoenix was the right option at that time. It ensured those BattleMechs were usable by the community in both Technical Readouts and miniatures form as we thoroughly explored the unfolding plot lines of the Jihad Era.

However, as FanPro—and then Catalyst—continued to exploring the full breadth of the BattleTech history in Historical, Era and Field Manual sourcebooks, it became more apparent that the solution that worked so well for post-3067 left the 'Mech berths empty for previous time periods, especially the Succession Wars. After years of weighing the pros and cons, we've made the decision to not just dip our toes in the pool, but to leap into the deep end: straight out of the DropShips into a hot LZ!

We've spent the last half-year re-imagining the unseen BattleMechs that will always be one of the hallmarks of BattleTech. Our goal during all of this remains to merge 21st Century sensibilities with the classic lines that make those 'Mechs so near and dear to all of us.

As part of this announcement you'll see two covers that feature the results of this extensive work, as well as a render to start proof-of-concept miniatures production. In the coming weeks and months we'll be rolling out more covers and sketches to show all the work that's been merged into this amazing project.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fd15yciz5bluc83.cloudfront.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F07%2FWarhammer-FINAL-Posed1-300x300.jpg&hash=e57dbd6a47da36b2d415b112d6a252a42dd3ff5e)           (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fd15yciz5bluc83.cloudfront.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F07%2FWarhammer-FINAL-Posed3-300x300.jpg&hash=2a68927827a6377103f340ce23494e6fe85034bb)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fd15yciz5bluc83.cloudfront.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F07%2FCAT35006X-Interstellar-Operations-BETA-Cover-1.jpg%3Fbdd337&hash=e4dc0a7d2f89601f3f063fc5ecf9ae09a0572d7b)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fd15yciz5bluc83.cloudfront.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F07%2FNew-BattleTech-Banner.jpg%3Fbdd337&hash=362d68f69da215b36c4260e522ab784f1ca29c09)


Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on July 30, 2015, 08:45:15 AM
Quote from: Pinetree on July 30, 2015, 03:41:54 AM
They're setting it in 3025 too. Good. No Clans or funky weapons/armour.

Extra awesome.  O0


I required an actual turn-based Battletech in the original setting.   :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Pinetree on July 30, 2015, 09:15:31 AM
You guys know about MegaMek? Fan made Java application that follows the rules of tabletop tech.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: DennisS on July 30, 2015, 09:54:26 AM
I subscribed to the updates via email. Good stuff! Gonna play me some BATTLETECH!!!!
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Yskonyn on July 30, 2015, 10:25:09 AM
I never stopped. :D
By using the aforementioned MegaMek.  O0
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 31, 2015, 01:06:30 AM
So is this Mech Warrior but turn based? Was Mech Warrior the FPS version of BattleTech?
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: jomni on July 31, 2015, 02:08:07 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 31, 2015, 01:06:30 AM
So is this Mech Warrior but turn based? Was Mech Warrior the FPS version of BattleTech?

Yes. Battletech is generally a universe like Warhammer. There are several types of games. For boardgames, there's turn-based tactical Mech or squad level.  There's grand tactical / operational, platoon / Lance level units. There's strategic level (star system and planets).   Mechwarrior is actually an RPG in the PC it became FPS / Simulation.  There's also Mechcommander RTS series.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_BattleTech_games
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: JasonPratt on July 31, 2015, 05:36:21 AM
Quote from: kludger on July 29, 2015, 05:37:23 PM
Description sounds good.

Hopefully it has a good singleplayer story and campaign and not just a relaunch of "Mechwarrior Tactics" which was pretty laggy and boring until it died when IGP went out of business...

Mental note to delete that long-unused link from my home browser... Sad, but can't say I'm surprised.

Not that I don't want this to succeed, but I'm afraid I won't be backing it.  :buck2: I'll be glad to pay money for it when it's finished.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: jomni on July 31, 2015, 08:02:46 AM
I missed playing succession wars. It feels so grand. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3966/succession-wars

And I like the scale of battle force better. No serious bookkeeping and true combined arms.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3616/battleforce
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on July 31, 2015, 09:24:34 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 31, 2015, 01:06:30 AM
So is this Mech Warrior but turn based? Was Mech Warrior the FPS version of BattleTech?


Battletech started off as a hex-based wargame, with each individual mech represented by a stat sheet (armor, weapons, etc). 

The core games were usually scaled to be played at up to fire team size (typically called a "Lance" in BT.. four mechs at full strength) but the sky could be the limit.  The later standalones in the series upped the scale and/or added aircraft, starship/warships, Battalion-level wargame rules (IIRC), and such.  If you had all the stuff, you could game out a whole planetary system invasion from the starships down to the individual dropship-landed combatant in the mud.  Lotsa shit to blow up! :)

The later digital game derivatives were mostly FPS and RTS set in that universe.  I don't recall any actual turn&hex-based ones using the actual tabletop rules other than MegaMek but it didn't have an AI and looked rather uninviting to me last I checked (being a freeware effort).  Mechwarrior Tactics was attempting to create an online version, and had much potential, but the developer folded and closed shop before it was done.  >:(   So here we are, waiting on a proper quality Battletech TBS..
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: SirAndrewD on July 31, 2015, 10:38:35 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on July 31, 2015, 09:24:34 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 31, 2015, 01:06:30 AM
So is this Mech Warrior but turn based? Was Mech Warrior the FPS version of BattleTech?


Battletech started off as a hex-based wargame, with each individual mech represented by a stat sheet (armor, weapons, etc). 

The core games were usually scaled to be played at up to fire team size (typically called a "Lance" in BT.. four mechs at full strength) but the sky could be the limit.  The later standalones in the series upped the scale and/or added aircraft, starship/warships, Battalion-level wargame rules (IIRC), and such.  If you had all the stuff, you could game out a whole planetary system invasion from the starships down to the individual dropship-landed combatant in the mud.  Lotsa shit to blow up! :)

The later digital game derivatives were mostly FPS and RTS set in that universe.  I don't recall any actual turn&hex-based ones using the actual tabletop rules other than MegaMek but it didn't have an AI and looked rather uninviting to me last I checked (being a freeware effort).  Mechwarrior Tactics was attempting to create an online version, and had much potential, but the developer folded and closed shop before it was done.  >:(   So here we are, waiting on a proper quality Battletech TBS..

The first two Battletech PC games were similar to what they're going to offer with this title.  Battletech Crescent Hawk's Inception and Crescent Hawk's Revenge.  The combat system wasn't exactly turn based or attached to the original tabletop rule set, but it was far different from the later Mechwarrior games. 

The great thing about those games were that they were primarily RPG's and their goal was immersion into the Battletech universe.  For me the story and universe were always the best things about Battletech. 
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on July 31, 2015, 11:14:27 AM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on July 31, 2015, 10:38:35 AM

The first two Battletech PC games were similar to what they're going to offer with this title.  Battletech Crescent Hawk's Inception and Crescent Hawk's Revenge.  The combat system wasn't exactly turn based or attached to the original tabletop rule set, but it was far different from the later Mechwarrior games. 

The great thing about those games were that they were primarily RPG's and their goal was immersion into the Battletech universe.  For me the story and universe were always the best things about Battletech.


That was the point I was making.  Most of the digital games were neither turn-based nor derived from the tabletop rules.  So it will be nice to have something closer to the original intent.

And, yes, the Succession Wars setting was fun.  Hopefully they implement an appropriate campaign in this new one.  :)
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: JasonPratt on July 31, 2015, 11:22:45 AM
The Mechcommander series (1 and 2) were pure turn-based, if I recall correctly, though they may have followed a "Mechwarrior" FPS version of the rules. Been too long since I tried playing MechCom1.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on July 31, 2015, 11:25:00 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 31, 2015, 11:22:45 AM
The Mechcommander series (1 and 2) were pure turn-based, if I recall correctly, though they may have followed a "Mechwarrior" FPS version of the rules. Been too long since I tried playing MechCom1.


Nope.  The Mech Commander games were RTS.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: JasonPratt on July 31, 2015, 04:38:28 PM
Huh. That might explain why I didn't play them enough to remember much about them...  :idiot2: :crazy2:
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on July 31, 2015, 06:53:51 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 31, 2015, 04:38:28 PM
Huh. That might explain why I didn't play them enough to remember much about them...  :idiot2: :crazy2:

The Mech Commander games were some of the more enjoyable on the PC, IMO.  Notably Mech Commander 2.

Even though they were RTS games, you only controlled a single Lance of mechs that you got to customize with different weapons, armor, etc.  The missions were pretty fun.  I would definitely buy MC2 if it landed on GOG.  While the FPSes were enjoyable for a bit, I dug these strategy focused ones more for single-player.

Which reminds me.. I should add my vote to it on the GOG wishlist if I didn't notice it there before.  Update:  Just checked, and I already voted for it.  I recall having some compatibility issues with MC2's damn disk DRM (common issue these days) that wouldn't let me play it after a certain OS.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Philistine on August 02, 2015, 05:25:06 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on July 31, 2015, 06:53:51 PM{snip} I would definitely buy MC2 if it landed on GOG.  While the FPSes were enjoyable for a bit, I dug these strategy focused ones more for single-player.

Which reminds me.. I should add my vote to it on the GOG wishlist if I didn't notice it there before.  Update:  Just checked, and I already voted for it.  I recall having some compatibility issues with MC2's damn disk DRM (common issue these days) that wouldn't let me play it after a certain OS.

MC2 source code was released.  Downloadable here (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11457)

--Philistine
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: JasonPratt on August 03, 2015, 08:00:06 AM
Wow. That's legitimately from Microsoft? FASA allowed that?? My mind is boggling enough that Microsoft voluntarily did it...  ???
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 03, 2015, 08:49:12 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on August 03, 2015, 08:00:06 AM
Wow. That's legitimately from Microsoft? FASA allowed that?? My mind is boggling enough that Microsoft voluntarily did it...  ???

I'm not sure what all the shock is about? Its released under a shared source license agreement.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Staggerwing on August 03, 2015, 09:34:00 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 link=topic=14373.msg374933#msg374933
... shared source license agreement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shared_source

My head hurts after reading all that.  Not Barney-style at all...  :(
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: jomni on September 19, 2015, 03:36:49 AM
(https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/zvn1EntseOr52osdMSHEKGsqXbpC9sVtPTNGEEuktLS0PegHRu9jk365XaxXEts8bTllLnWGSQG18szxbmcY5vFNX615FU3XnkeU0yraEQJ0kY6W86cBh_RcIa2I0cGfOpMwXnK5fd8YYjE9_qYC4iUsgDOHi69y=s0-d-e1-ft#http://www.harebrained-schemes.com.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/KS_announce_key.png)
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on September 19, 2015, 05:30:26 AM
...?
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 19, 2015, 11:30:26 AM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi3.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Fnewsfeed%2F000%2F210%2F050%2Ftumblr_lv9gy159oI1r2avnn.gif&hash=3dfc7dfa3bcb81b3556803ca24c67f6d6ede10aa)
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Gusington on September 19, 2015, 02:05:56 PM
^Internet Winner for the Day.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Shelldrake on September 20, 2015, 06:55:11 AM
^Internet weiner for the day?
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Gusington on September 20, 2015, 10:40:58 AM
Yes! Er if you're into that sort of thing.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: jomni on September 25, 2015, 05:48:09 PM
(https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/jJ9VUtMJ2gKfxgAs7I5pYAKFPtIY6Ld0mM27Q8h0zsSWWoI7RVOrItSPjW02Xve1ueG-fqRoVBTV52DRtKXbSZDTF5yxLXyUpHPza4ybbE9W58322zGeRHn2KHSC-_YCfNZT5B4_c03QC5h7NpVwxhMCf80w6KuPb8NRgpW-bCIga1J7swzi=s0-d-e1-ft#http://www.harebrained-schemes.com.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/BT_LivestreamAnnounce_1200x750.jpg)
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on September 26, 2015, 11:51:45 AM
I hope this turns out well.  Starting off with a Kickstarter campaign, and what looks like nothing but a concept done thus far, I'm a bit itchy.

While I've enjoyed the Shadowrun RPGs from this developer, their games had almost no mechanical relations to the tabletop game and weren't terribly deep in the system they created for it.  While they are enjoyable games, I felt they were rather dumbed-down compared to the real thing.  So I am curious as to how long it will take them to actually implement the tabletop rules for Battletech, along with all the extra RPG and campaign meta-stuff, and whether there will be any simplification of them.

It's probably just my natural pessimistic wariness when it comes to one of my dream games, and something that should've been done long ago.  And being Kickstarter.  I'll still end up throwing money at them one way or another.. maybe even for the KS run.  But there has been nothing done on it thus far except plans for a Kickstarter campaign and some vague features mentioned.   ???  That's a pretty thin KS start. 

At least they've successfully released some KS titles in the past.  Lost my early access purchase to Mechwarrior Tactics when it went tits-up, so no more dickin around on the delivery.

TL;DR
Please don't fuck this up, please don't fuck this up, please ...

(You don't end up disappointed if you have low expectations.)
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 29, 2015, 02:08:19 PM
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: sandman2575 on September 29, 2015, 02:52:33 PM
Out of curiosity -- is anyone round here playing MechWarrior Online?  It looks incredible, but the purely multiplayer combat environment doesn't especially appeal to me...
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Yskonyn on September 29, 2015, 03:13:53 PM
I dabble in it, but its not much more than arena style deathmatches at this point.
That's too bad.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: RedArgo on September 29, 2015, 03:56:49 PM
Unless I missed something, you really don't get anything extra for kickstarting unless you go to a higher tier for beta testing, so I think I'll just wait and see how it turns out.  Hope it is good and they meet their pvp goal.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: jomni on September 29, 2015, 05:01:43 PM
You get a wallpaper.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on September 29, 2015, 05:59:24 PM
This:

QuoteSTAGE 3 ($1,850,000): We add side-missions, procedurally-generated missions and the campaign becomes open-ended.

.. is the real goal. 

Other than that it's just canned one-off battles.  It's a high mark to reach.  But that's not the only observation to be made...


Funny how that KS goal is almost exactly the same amount the same company's original Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter made ($1,836,447). 

Must've rounded it up to the nearest $50k.  ???

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/shadowrun-returns



EDIT:

..and then there is some more info, further down the KS page, regarding this stage funding..

QuoteIf Stage 3 gets funded, we'll add additional funding goals between Stages 3 and 4 that further improve Stage 3's open-ended Mercenary experience.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: SirAndrewD on September 29, 2015, 06:14:12 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 29, 2015, 05:59:24 PM
This:

QuoteSTAGE 3 ($1,850,000): We add side-missions, procedurally-generated missions and the campaign becomes open-ended.

.. is the real goal. 

Other than that it's just canned one-off battles.  It's a high mark to reach.  But that's not the only observation to be made...


Funny how that KS goal is almost exactly the same amount the same company's original Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter made ($1,836,447). 

Must've rounded it up to the nearest $50k.  ???

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/shadowrun-returns



EDIT:

..and then there is some more info, further down the KS page, regarding this stage funding..

QuoteIf Stage 3 gets funded, we'll add additional funding goals between Stages 3 and 4 that further improve Stage 3's open-ended Mercenary experience.

Yeah, I held off on funding right away once I saw the $1.85 mil mark is what's needed to reach what I'd consider the bare minimum game. 

It's broken $500k in one day, so that is a good sign.  Still, these things tend to boom in their first and last 48 hours or so.  I'm absolutely going to pledge, but how much will really depend on how close they are to that $1.85 million mark. 

My only worry is that there doesn't seem to be much in the way of rewards beyond the $50 pledge.  I can't really see any incentive other than just my love for all things Battletech to go beyond that level.   That's going to put a bit of a dent in their revenue. 
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Gusington on September 29, 2015, 06:25:39 PM
I would forego rewards for.a.kickass SP game.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: SirAndrewD on September 29, 2015, 06:29:04 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 29, 2015, 06:25:39 PM
I would forego rewards for.a.kickass SP game.

I will too.  I'm actually considering backing at the level where I get the jacket where I'll go around looking like a doofus decked out in House Davion colors.

However, I'm not sure many others are as obsessed with Battletech as I have been since I was a kid.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Pinetree on September 29, 2015, 07:00:30 PM
I backed it for $50 so I could get in the beta. I hope we get the re-imagined Unseens in there
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: SirAndrewD on September 29, 2015, 07:05:59 PM
Quote from: Pinetree on September 29, 2015, 07:00:30 PM
I backed it for $50 so I could get in the beta. I hope we get the re-imagined Unseens in there

Don't quote me on this, and I have to dig it out of the info released today, but I think I saw some info that the actual Unseen would make it into this game. 

EDIT:  Yes, I dug through the Kickstarter comments and apparently the Unseen will be returning in the game, and not the Reseen, the actual Unseen.  But they didn't promise any Unseen on initial release.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: MetalDog on September 29, 2015, 07:48:45 PM
I can see SP being a plus for many games, but, how could you possibly want anything BUT MP for Battletech?!?!?!?!!!!  A lance is four mechs.  You can't round up three people to go hunting with you?  And not for nothing, the role playing in this universe is more of a sidelight.  This game is all about kicking ass and taking initials!  Where's the fun in playing with yourself?
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: jomni on September 29, 2015, 07:53:54 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 29, 2015, 07:48:45 PM
I can see SP being a plus for many games, but, how could you possibly want anything BUT MP for Battletech?!?!?!?!!!!  A lance is four mechs.  You can't round up three people to go hunting with you?  And not for nothing, the role playing in this universe is more of a sidelight.  This game is all about kicking ass and taking initials!  Where's the fun in playing with yourself?

It's a wargame, not and action / sim. And most wargames want to go solo.

But if you ask me, if they have done SP Skirmish, MP skirmish is actually not hard to pull off. Wonder why they need extra cash for that.

A lot of gaming can be done with a game with just SP and MP skirmish like Pike and Shot.  The canned scenarios are just extra.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Pinetree on September 29, 2015, 08:02:44 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 29, 2015, 07:48:45 PM
Where's the fun in playing with yourself?
My teenage self would have been able to answer that....
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: SirAndrewD on September 29, 2015, 08:10:25 PM
Quote from: Pinetree on September 29, 2015, 08:02:44 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 29, 2015, 07:48:45 PM
Where's the fun in playing with yourself?
My teenage self would have been able to answer that....

My many many years married to my best friend self can also answer that.

At least she wants to watch.   >:D
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: MetalDog on September 29, 2015, 08:20:49 PM
^^ Set'em up.  Knock'em down.  Good answers fellas ;)

Quote from: jomni on September 29, 2015, 07:53:54 PM
It's a wargame, not and action / sim. And most wargames want to go solo.

But if you ask me, if they have done SP Skirmish, MP skirmish is actually not hard to pull off. Wonder why they need extra cash for that.

A lot of gaming can be done with a game with just SP and MP skirmish like Pike and Shot.  The canned scenarios are just extra.

I'm familiar with Battletech from back in the 80's.  Played a lot of it with my friends.  Most of our 'adventures' were salvage/find Lostech/attack/be attacked scenarios.  I would say that's action/RPG/wargame. 

And I disagree with your assertion that most wargames 'want' to go solo.  I think that mindset is what wargamers are trained to as the hobby is rather niche and opponents are not usually plentiful.  So, if you want to wargame, you HAVE to do it solo.  I asked it rather flippantly, but, the question is serious, who wants to play with themselves?  Wouldn't you prefer a human opponent?  Someone to strive against or someone to partner with to take on the 'bad guys'?
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on September 29, 2015, 11:07:02 PM
My point was that the stretch goals are kinda backing up my fears that Harebrained (the dev) have raked in a shit-ton of Kickstarter cash for the Shadowrun series they've done, and intend to repeat the same level of complexity for BT. 

This is both good and, possibly, disappointing.  Good .. because a Battletech game with proper tabletop lineage is coming out of this.  Their Shadowrun Returns games have been generally liked for the writing, and capturing the theme fairly well.

But also the possibility of being disappointed if Harebrained rakes in over $1.8 Million and pops out another tablet-level game.   It may end up capturing the setting properly, but with dumbed down mechanics that have little resemblance to the original (if it turns out as SRR did).  Many of us were also disappointed that the extremely successful SRR Kickstarter series just ended in a very simplified custom version of Shadowrun, with a short canned campaign and lacking emphasis on many mechanical facets of the IP.  The end result was pretty thin for almost $2 Million in KS funding alone, not to mention post-release sales.  :-\  That magic $1.85M number looks very familiar.

This wariness presumes they'll give it the same type of Tablet Game treatment as SRR got, instead of a full-fledged PC translation with plenty of content & features.  Hopefully I don't have any reason to doubt in the end, but I'm a bit hesitant at the moment.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: jomni on September 29, 2015, 11:37:23 PM
They should stick to table top roots. Random map skirmish with army purchasing mechanic for SP and MP.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Yskonyn on September 30, 2015, 12:27:37 AM
Well I think I might just stick to MegaMek and MekHQ. 100% Battletech, 100% fidelity, 1% graphic goodness! :D
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 30, 2015, 12:31:23 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 29, 2015, 08:20:49 PM
...who wants to play with themselves?...
I love playing with myself.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: SirAndrewD on September 30, 2015, 02:22:49 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 29, 2015, 11:07:02 PM
My point was that the stretch goals are kinda backing up my fears that Harebrained (the dev) have raked in a shit-ton of Kickstarter cash for the Shadowrun series they've done, and intend to repeat the same level of complexity for BT. 

This is both good and, possibly, disappointing.  Good .. because a Battletech game with proper tabletop lineage is coming out of this.  Their Shadowrun Returns games have been generally liked for the writing, and capturing the theme fairly well.

But also the possibility of being disappointed if Harebrained rakes in over $1.8 Million and pops out another tablet-level game.   It may end up capturing the setting properly, but with dumbed down mechanics that have little resemblance to the original (if it turns out as SRR did).  Many of us were also disappointed that the extremely successful SRR Kickstarter series just ended in a very simplified custom version of Shadowrun, with a short canned campaign and lacking emphasis on many mechanical facets of the IP.  The end result was pretty thin for almost $2 Million in KS funding alone, not to mention post-release sales.  :-\  That magic $1.85M number looks very familiar.

This wariness presumes they'll give it the same type of Tablet Game treatment as SRR got, instead of a full-fledged PC translation with plenty of content & features.  Hopefully I don't have any reason to doubt in the end, but I'm a bit hesitant at the moment.

Thanks for that.  I wasn't a Shadowrun guy, so I'm not tremendously familiar with the development on that title. 

They SEEM to understand that people want a faithful representation of the tabletop game on PC.  If this busts $2 million and a tablet game results, I'll feel a bit ripped off. 

They posted up some of the $1-1.5 million milestone goals, and they look to be putting an emphasis on cinematics, immersion and voice acting for the coming stage.  Not really where I wish they'd put their emphasis up front, but ok.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on September 30, 2015, 03:19:21 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 30, 2015, 02:22:49 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 29, 2015, 11:07:02 PM
My point was that the stretch goals are kinda backing up my fears that Harebrained (the dev) have raked in a shit-ton of Kickstarter cash for the Shadowrun series they've done, and intend to repeat the same level of complexity for BT. 

This is both good and, possibly, disappointing.  Good .. because a Battletech game with proper tabletop lineage is coming out of this.  Their Shadowrun Returns games have been generally liked for the writing, and capturing the theme fairly well.

But also the possibility of being disappointed if Harebrained rakes in over $1.8 Million and pops out another tablet-level game.   It may end up capturing the setting properly, but with dumbed down mechanics that have little resemblance to the original (if it turns out as SRR did).  Many of us were also disappointed that the extremely successful SRR Kickstarter series just ended in a very simplified custom version of Shadowrun, with a short canned campaign and lacking emphasis on many mechanical facets of the IP.  The end result was pretty thin for almost $2 Million in KS funding alone, not to mention post-release sales.  :-\  That magic $1.85M number looks very familiar.

This wariness presumes they'll give it the same type of Tablet Game treatment as SRR got, instead of a full-fledged PC translation with plenty of content & features.  Hopefully I don't have any reason to doubt in the end, but I'm a bit hesitant at the moment.

Thanks for that.  I wasn't a Shadowrun guy, so I'm not tremendously familiar with the development on that title. 

They SEEM to understand that people want a faithful representation of the tabletop game on PC.  If this busts $2 million and a tablet game results, I'll feel a bit ripped off. 

They posted up some of the $1-1.5 million milestone goals, and they look to be putting an emphasis on cinematics, immersion and voice acting for the coming stage.  Not really where I wish they'd put their emphasis up front, but ok.

That just reinforces my wariness.  While immersion is great, I'm not sure if the greatest emphasis should be placed on voice acting & such in the port of a hex-based tabletop wargame which has an additional managerial-style campaign facet.  Hopefully they don't turn half the game into RPG-like dialog, but instead do the tabletop justice with the dual-layer wargame/mercenary management strategy it's known for.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: KyzBP on October 06, 2015, 07:31:43 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on September 29, 2015, 02:52:33 PM
Out of curiosity -- is anyone round here playing MechWarrior Online?  It looks incredible, but the purely multiplayer combat environment doesn't especially appeal to me...

I just started to dabble in it this past weekend.  I like that a match tends to last less than 10 minutes, which is about all the time I seem to have lately.  I'm hoping to get into the factions and clans once kids' sports season ends.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: SirAndrewD on October 06, 2015, 10:33:02 PM
Quote from: KyzBP on October 06, 2015, 07:31:43 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on September 29, 2015, 02:52:33 PM
Out of curiosity -- is anyone round here playing MechWarrior Online?  It looks incredible, but the purely multiplayer combat environment doesn't especially appeal to me...

I just started to dabble in it this past weekend.  I like that a match tends to last less than 10 minutes, which is about all the time I seem to have lately.  I'm hoping to get into the factions and clans once kids' sports season ends.

You'd best have some tricked out elite/master level pay to play Mechs and a preset group if you play the faction part.  That portion, as far as I have experienced, is all about premade groups that have spent a LOT in time and real money on their rides.  It's a pretty quick ticket to death in a pickup group.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Pinetree on October 06, 2015, 11:03:39 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 30, 2015, 03:19:21 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 30, 2015, 02:22:49 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 29, 2015, 11:07:02 PM
My point was that the stretch goals are kinda backing up my fears that Harebrained (the dev) have raked in a shit-ton of Kickstarter cash for the Shadowrun series they've done, and intend to repeat the same level of complexity for BT. 

This is both good and, possibly, disappointing.  Good .. because a Battletech game with proper tabletop lineage is coming out of this.  Their Shadowrun Returns games have been generally liked for the writing, and capturing the theme fairly well.

But also the possibility of being disappointed if Harebrained rakes in over $1.8 Million and pops out another tablet-level game.   It may end up capturing the setting properly, but with dumbed down mechanics that have little resemblance to the original (if it turns out as SRR did).  Many of us were also disappointed that the extremely successful SRR Kickstarter series just ended in a very simplified custom version of Shadowrun, with a short canned campaign and lacking emphasis on many mechanical facets of the IP.  The end result was pretty thin for almost $2 Million in KS funding alone, not to mention post-release sales.  :-\  That magic $1.85M number looks very familiar.

This wariness presumes they'll give it the same type of Tablet Game treatment as SRR got, instead of a full-fledged PC translation with plenty of content & features.  Hopefully I don't have any reason to doubt in the end, but I'm a bit hesitant at the moment.

Thanks for that.  I wasn't a Shadowrun guy, so I'm not tremendously familiar with the development on that title. 

They SEEM to understand that people want a faithful representation of the tabletop game on PC.  If this busts $2 million and a tablet game results, I'll feel a bit ripped off. 

They posted up some of the $1-1.5 million milestone goals, and they look to be putting an emphasis on cinematics, immersion and voice acting for the coming stage.  Not really where I wish they'd put their emphasis up front, but ok.

That just reinforces my wariness.  While immersion is great, I'm not sure if the greatest emphasis should be placed on voice acting & such in the port of a hex-based tabletop wargame which has an additional managerial-style campaign facet.  Hopefully they don't turn half the game into RPG-like dialog, but instead do the tabletop justice with the dual-layer wargame/mercenary management strategy it's known for.

I think your worries are going to be unfounded as they will reach the expanded merc campaign goal easily.They also said in the twitch stream that the emphasis on this game is tactical combat first, rpg items second with lots of chrome. Also unlike Shadowrun Returns, they are not creating an editor this time (for the first game at least) as they realised it impacted too much on development of the actual game. These guys seem to learn from their mistakes and they also listen to what people want (without getting getting carried away and promising the moon) so I'm getting good vibes off this one.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on October 06, 2015, 11:25:54 PM
Good.  I hope the good vibes continue and aforementioned plan is achieved.  O0
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Pinetree on October 18, 2015, 12:15:54 AM
Reached the expanded merc campaign today. O0

QuoteThe STAGE 3 EXPANDED MERCENARY CAMPAIGN puts you in full control of your life as a mercenary.

    The single-player story campaign is now open-ended - charter JumpShip transport for your mercenary outfit to travel to various hot-zones across the Periphery and Inner Sphere, and continue your career even after the game's main story arc is resolved.
    You'll be able to choose your contracts and alliances, with both the 5 Great Houses and other sub-factions within the Inner Sphere.
    A procedural contract-generation system will ensure that you always have fresh contracts available, wherever your Mercenary career may take you.
    The missions you choose to accept and the objectives competed in those missions will determine your reputation as a mercenary, affecting the contracts and contract terms you may be offered in the future.

Funding Goals Update

Now, MechWarriors, it's ONWARD towards our next major objective: STAGE 4 - PVP Multiplayer!

HBS Command has identified two high-value targets on our march to STAGE 4.
  • $2,000,000 - Customizable Home Base: As part of the ongoing campaign, you'll acquire a home base (likely in the form of a derelict DropShip) for your mercenary outfit to call home. At this funding level we'll also allow you to adjust its appearance, repair and upgrade its functionality, and grow and evolve your base as your outfit grows and evolves.
  • $2,150,000 - Legendary 'Mech & MechWarriors: In addition to the game's standard 'Mechs and customizable, procedurally-generated MechWarriors, we'll include rare legendary 'Mechs to find, and rare hero MechWarriors to hire - including some famous characters from BattleTech history. Such legends may not stick around for long, but will be well worth hiring if you can afford them.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: SirAndrewD on October 18, 2015, 12:46:46 AM
ALPHA STRIKE!  Time for me to pledge....a lot. 

For House Davion!
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on October 18, 2015, 03:03:09 AM
Quote from: Pinetree on October 18, 2015, 12:15:54 AM
Reached the expanded merc campaign today. O0



Awesome.  That's what it needs to have.  O0
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: RedArgo on October 19, 2015, 08:50:10 PM
Holy cow, I was just looking at the pledges, if I added right, there are 100 people who've pledged $1000 or more, including 3 at $10,000.  They must really love them some Battletech.

I'm still on the fence about $25-50.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: MetalDog on October 19, 2015, 09:40:22 PM
I love me some Battletech.  I just don't have $10,000.  :(
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: SirAndrewD on October 19, 2015, 10:52:37 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 19, 2015, 09:40:22 PM
I love me some Battletech.  I just don't have $10,000.  :(

Pretty much.  As it stands I'll be sporting an awesome House Davion emblazoned vinyl Mechwarrior jacket  and cap soon.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: MetalDog on October 19, 2015, 10:53:23 PM
I'm jealous!  Davion was always my favorite!!
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: jomni on October 19, 2015, 11:18:15 PM
If the project becomes overstretched, does that increase the risk of failure?
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Pinetree on October 19, 2015, 11:56:27 PM
Very little danger of that, these guys are smart. They don't promise what they can't deliver. In the Shadowrun HK kickstarter, they reached the final stretch goal with a couple of days to spare, iirc, and instead of adding more goals, they simply said that any more money they made would use for "shit happens" funds and food for the troops.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on October 20, 2015, 07:07:32 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 19, 2015, 10:53:23 PM
I'm jealous!  Davion was always my favorite!!

Pah!  Davion fans = dime a dozen.

Marik, Steiner... hell, give me any of the others you Creampuffs!  :P
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: jomni on October 20, 2015, 07:26:11 AM
I'm a Kurita guy.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Echoblammo on October 20, 2015, 08:01:09 AM
And we've got this going on in real life:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVJTGLL2SnI
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: MetalDog on October 20, 2015, 07:30:40 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 20, 2015, 07:07:32 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 19, 2015, 10:53:23 PM
I'm jealous!  Davion was always my favorite!!

Pah!  Davion fans = dime a dozen.

Marik, Steiner... hell, give me any of the others you Creampuffs!  :P

Steiner was too Germanic for me.

Kurita were the bad guys.

Liao was a cheat and a liar.

And Marik is weak.

Hence, Davion :P
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: jomni on October 20, 2015, 08:01:01 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 20, 2015, 07:30:40 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 20, 2015, 07:07:32 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 19, 2015, 10:53:23 PM
I'm jealous!  Davion was always my favorite!!

Pah!  Davion fans = dime a dozen.

Marik, Steiner... hell, give me any of the others you Creampuffs!  :P

Steiner was too Germanic for me.

Kurita were the bad guys.

Liao was a cheat and a liar.

And Marik is weak.

Hence, Davion :P

Yeah go hate the Asians.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on October 20, 2015, 08:06:42 PM
Quote from: jomni on October 20, 2015, 08:01:01 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 20, 2015, 07:30:40 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 20, 2015, 07:07:32 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 19, 2015, 10:53:23 PM
I'm jealous!  Davion was always my favorite!!

Pah!  Davion fans = dime a dozen.

Marik, Steiner... hell, give me any of the others you Creampuffs!  :P

Steiner was too Germanic for me.

Kurita were the bad guys.

Liao was a cheat and a liar.

And Marik is weak.

Hence, Davion :P

Yeah go hate the Asians.

He just went with the largest, most overbearing, one.  Like so many others. 

I'd go Kurita or Liao before Davion.  Because nearly everyone picks Davion.  They're the big paladin gorilla on the block.  See above.  ;)
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: MetalDog on October 20, 2015, 08:45:00 PM
Quote from: jomni on October 20, 2015, 08:01:01 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 20, 2015, 07:30:40 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 20, 2015, 07:07:32 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 19, 2015, 10:53:23 PM
I'm jealous!  Davion was always my favorite!!

Pah!  Davion fans = dime a dozen.

Marik, Steiner... hell, give me any of the others you Creampuffs!  :P

Steiner was too Germanic for me.

Kurita were the bad guys.

Liao was a cheat and a liar.

And Marik is weak.

Hence, Davion :P

Yeah go hate the Asians.

First, nowhere did I say hate.  Second, that's the way both Houses were portrayed in the game.  Third, it's a game.  In space.  So they would be Space Asians.  And I still don't hate anyone.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Pinetree on October 23, 2015, 09:10:50 PM
...and just broke $2 mil. Only $480,611 to go for multiplayer. Should make it in a canter.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Pinetree on November 01, 2015, 06:04:30 PM
47 hours left and less than $100,000 to go for multiplayer. There's some nice digital rewards too. I paid a bit extra to get some 'mech blueprints.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Yooper on November 01, 2015, 08:56:23 PM
Quote from: Pinetree on November 01, 2015, 06:04:30 PM
47 hours left and less than $100,000 to go for multiplayer. There's some nice digital rewards too. I paid a bit extra to get some 'mech blueprints.

I didn't notice the blueprints. Thanks for pointing that out!
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Pinetree on November 02, 2015, 12:33:53 AM
No worries. If you add in the paypal pledges there's less than $29,000 to go for multiplayer.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Pinetree on November 02, 2015, 02:03:15 PM
Multiplayer is in with 25 hours to go. They're going to get close to $3mil.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 02, 2015, 02:43:58 PM
Quote from: Pinetree on November 02, 2015, 02:03:15 PM
Multiplayer is in with 25 hours to go. They're going to get close to $3mil.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FNUyttbn.gif&hash=06b36129edbb1b52156f453082d70990bb353c7b)
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Yskonyn on November 02, 2015, 02:56:03 PM
Great to see they got all goals funded! They sure seem to have a passion for Battletech if you can go by the articles and interviews.
I really hope this game will be great and able to capture the spirit of commanding a small army of Mechs or combined Arms, like the tabletop game does.
I pledged in anticipation! :)
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: jomni on November 02, 2015, 08:56:58 PM
Fingers crossed.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Pinetree on November 02, 2015, 09:24:04 PM
If you have time, check out the hilarious alcohol-fuelled Q&A they did on twitchTV this morning: http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv/v/23674097 (http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv/v/23674097)
(fast forward to 15:00 for the Q&A to start.)  It gets NSFW later on. ;D
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: SirAndrewD on November 02, 2015, 09:31:22 PM
Very glad to see this one cleared its hurdles. 

I also LOVE that they're not adding any stretch goals after $2.5 mil.  They seem to have a focused idea of what game they want to make, and they're not going to overextend themselves and turn game making into endless fundraising the way so many of these crowd funded games do (I'm looking at you Star Citizen). 

If they deliver on what they promised, I'll be a happy camper. 

Now if only Mechwarrior Online would go poof and we could get a solid new Mechwarrior game as well.

Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: bobarossa on November 03, 2015, 03:05:22 PM
I happened to wander by the kickstarter page after seeing I had bookmarked it some time ago.  Noticed it had only 28 minutes to go; panicked and backed it for basic game.  Not sure what I was thinking as I've backed 4 other games and only one has been delivered so far.  Hopefully this one will make it too.   It finished at $2.785 million. 
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Pinetree on November 03, 2015, 07:20:52 PM
It's a pretty safe investment with these guys, they haven't failed to deliver yet.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on November 04, 2015, 06:12:24 AM
I actually meant to back this one yesterday, but forgot.

Sometimes the "Notify me before the last day" option on Kickstarter doesn't work.  I've missed a couple that didn't email me as advertised on KS, although a few have done so.   ???

No worries.  Digital PC games will always be available, once theyr'e released.  It's some of the board game KS ones I get concerned about due to their limited print runs and the tendency for the more popular ones to quickly sell out after release.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Pinetree on November 04, 2015, 06:18:35 AM
If you click on the "You can still back" link on the KS page. you'll still be able get some goodies if you want.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on November 04, 2015, 06:32:24 AM
Quote from: Pinetree on November 04, 2015, 06:18:35 AM
If you click on the "You can still back" link on the KS page. you'll still be able get some goodies if you want.

Yeah.. that just takes it to a "pre-order" page.  They hit all the big goals, so I'll just wait until 2017 when it's to be released.  Don't think there are any big exclusives I want.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Arctic Blast on November 04, 2015, 11:23:31 PM
I decided to back it anyway...might as well spend the money now rather than waiting for the inevitable later.  ;D
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: salazarus on August 04, 2016, 07:11:21 AM
First gameplay. Looks promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: FlickJax on August 04, 2016, 07:14:47 AM
Damn looks very promising, wish i'd backed it now.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: panzerde on August 04, 2016, 07:38:14 AM
I backed it, and am really impressed with what I'm seeing of it. Can't wait to play!

Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on August 04, 2016, 09:04:50 AM
 8)
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Shelldrake on August 04, 2016, 10:25:10 AM
Looks like a sure buy for me.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: FlickJax on August 04, 2016, 10:39:29 AM
You can still join extra kickstarter $25 will secure a digital copy of the game. 

https://battletech.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders/55983
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: undercovergeek on August 04, 2016, 11:21:07 AM
That looks pretty cool already
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Nefaro on August 04, 2016, 03:06:42 PM
I've become pretty hesitant about pre-ordering or Kickstarting stuff lately.

I have no doubt this game will come to fruition, and will likely be good.  In this specific case, anyway. 

My issue is sometimes having to actively track down my keys or activation, when release has finally arrived.  Or having my post-KS order disappear and require me to go through channels getting things done (as happened to me last month).   May as well save my money until it's out.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 04, 2016, 04:36:22 PM
^Yeah...and May 2017 is a long time away.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: acctingman on August 04, 2016, 07:19:22 PM
So, will there be a Grogheads Clan?

If so, I'd consider buying it to play with folks here, but I've never played a Mech game and I SUCK at shooters, so you'd all have to carry my a$$  :-[
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: SirAndrewD on August 04, 2016, 07:47:06 PM
This is looking great. 

Really good timing on the video too.  I just got all by backer swag in the mail on Monday.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: Pinetree on August 04, 2016, 08:04:12 PM
Damn, that's looking awesome. Really pays homage to it's roots.

Quote from: acctingman on August 04, 2016, 07:19:22 PM
So, will there be a Grogheads Clan?

If so, I'd consider buying it to play with folks here, but I've never played a Mech game and I SUCK at shooters, so you'd all have to carry my a$$  :-[


This ain't a shooter, this is tactical turn-based. Mechwarrior Online is the one you're probably thinking of.
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: MetalDog on August 04, 2016, 08:41:34 PM
I'm in on a Clan AND it's tactical turn based WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: acctingman on August 05, 2016, 12:37:53 AM
Quote from: Pinetree on August 04, 2016, 08:04:12 PM
Damn, that's looking awesome. Really pays homage to it's roots.

Quote from: acctingman on August 04, 2016, 07:19:22 PM
So, will there be a Grogheads Clan?

If so, I'd consider buying it to play with folks here, but I've never played a Mech game and I SUCK at shooters, so you'd all have to carry my a$$  :-[


This ain't a shooter, this is tactical turn-based. Mechwarrior Online is the one you're probably thinking of.

Holy crap....this is a for sure buy for me then!
Title: Re: Battletech
Post by: kludger on August 05, 2016, 09:36:57 PM
Yeah that looks terrific already, glad I backed this, can't wait to play it.