RPS says it's on the way (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/07/30/endless-space-2-trailer/#more-304835).
I liked the first one, although I understand some people didn't. One thing for sure - Amplititude will come up with some interesting factions that all play differently. No way are they going to take a step backwards from Endless Legend.
I enjoyed ES too.
I enjoyed it, but I felt Amplitude abandoned it too quickly to rush off to Legends, and now a sequel. Unlike the original, I will be waiting for a sale before touching the sequel. Burned once....
Uh, really? They supported it for ages, and released quite a few (free) DLC and an expansion pack.
i understood it was one of the things they were famous for, customer service and finsihing the game that is
ive never felt it was abandoned, they put their heart and soul into it
Like it or hate it, both Endless space and Endless legends were very polished and did a lot of things "differently". I love endless legends and it's my go-to fantasy strategy game
Endless Space was supported well and received extras after release. Felt like a pretty complete game to me.
It was Endless Legend that was a bit thin on content and could've used more, IMO. It's a good one, but I think it could've been a lot better with more stuff in it.
Quote from: Nefaro on July 30, 2015, 11:27:44 PM
Endless Space was supported well and received extras after release. Felt like a pretty complete game to me.
It was Endless Legend that was a bit thin on content and could've used more, IMO. It's a good one, but I think it could've been a lot better with more stuff in it.
im not sure theyre finished with EL yet
I think they've announced another expansion will be forthcoming.
I really liked the style of ES, but I totally sucked at it. I'm usually pretty good at 4x games, but I just couldn't compete with the AI on this one. It kept me from sticking with e game for too long.
Some things i loved and some things i hated. Also, as Jarhead said, the AI always seem to be far ahead. Anyway...i like the idea of a sequel and will really consider it.
I was quite disappointed by the first one. It felt a bit dull... but if they take note on some other takes on space 4x and make it more engaging over the life of th game, I m defnitely in
I hope it is not Endless Spam 2....... because the ship spam in the later part of the game sunk it for me.
PE
Got an e-mail for early access ES2 the other day. I'm probably out since I still haven't played much Stellaris or Polaris Sector and MOO4 will be released soon. Hopefully, its good though, I did like the first one.
QuoteGet ready to play Endless Space 2 for September!
The whole team at Amplitude is thrilled to announce that Endless Space 2 will be available
in Early Access on Steam this September!
So get ready and add Endless Space 2 to your Steam wishlist, and you will be notified immediately
when it becomes available.
I played it during one of Steam's free weekends and, while it was vaguely enjoyable, I didn't really feel there was anything there to differentiate it from any of the Galactic Civilization titles or some of the other Space 4x titles that have been in circulation for a while now.
I very much appreciated Endless Legend and consider that a great purchase. They made a number of really excellent tweaks to the standard 4x approach to provide some solid innovation there.
I think that style of game and engine worked best in "endless legends". Probably the best fantasy 4x Around
The original Endless Space was one of the early games in the turn-based 4X indie onslaught that struck in recent years, each with varying levels of success.
I thought it was on higher quality end of the spectrum, considering all those that began flooding the genre in the following years. Not perfect but I would still play it over most of the other 4X games released in the past few years. I originally picked it up in early access, 2011 or earlier. I'll also fire up Stellaris, and maybe DW:U with an ST mod, but those are real-time so they are a bit different.
The complaint I always see about the original ES is the same for all 4X games. They get more bloated the longer you play. Thankfully it's UI has decent functionality, and isn't a complete jumbled mess.
Coming up soon for early access...October 6th.
Video
https://youtu.be/MhgquSH68AA
It seems the EA will only allow to play for 100 turns (at least initially)....
Going to wait until the game is finished.
^ If that's the case, I'll wait with you.
Quote from: Anguille on October 05, 2016, 02:34:35 AM
It seems the EA will only allow to play for 100 turns (at least initially)....
Going to wait until the game is finished.
Do you have a link for this? I didn't see that
Quote from: mikeck on October 05, 2016, 07:38:08 AM
Quote from: Anguille on October 05, 2016, 02:34:35 AM
It seems the EA will only allow to play for 100 turns (at least initially)....
Going to wait until the game is finished.
Do you have a link for this? I didn't see that
http://steamcommunity.com/app/392110/discussions/0/350543841947890533/] (http://[/quote)
http://steamcommunity.com/app/392110/discussions/0/350543841947890533/[/url]
http://steamcommunity.com/app/392110/discussions/0/350543841943895355/ (http://steamcommunity.com/app/392110/discussions/0/350543841943895355/)
Thank you. I had seen discussion on out but not anything from the Devs. I get why they are doing that but man....isn't there a better way to make sure people are testing all elements of all phases of the game instead of just keepin' on with 1 game.
Any idea of how long the EA period will last?
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 05, 2016, 01:02:04 PM
Any idea of how long the EA period will last?
Until the game is officially released.
[tgb ducks & covers]
Perusing one of the threads linked above, it sounds like the devs hope to extend the game beyond the first 100 turns at some point during early access, but are currently limiting it to the first 100 turns.
Given that it's early access and thus "buyer beware", I'm not sure that's ground for shooting the developer/publisher, as some folks on that thread seem to want to do.
Reading the thread, it sounds like expectations around project status were set poorly. Whether that was due to poor project management or poor communications, you can fault the developer for that. But I don't know that it will have necessary implications for the quality of the end-result game.
Sounds like this one has a ways to go before we can judge what it might be!
It's not so much the limitation on the plane as much as it is an indication that a lot he's missing from the game. From what I understand the more advanced stages of the technology tree, more advanced ship builds etc. are simply not in the game yet. I know it is an alpha but we all know that in this day and age alphas eight is used to be. Many early access I'll have everything in place they just need to ED pond and r I know it is an alpha but we all know that in this day and age alphas eight is used to be. Many early access alpha have everything in place they just need to be worked on.
Just makes me wonder what else is not in the game. I like clean early action on most everything is in the game. Not so much when things are missing because I don't know what is missing and therefore what I'm doing wrong. Just me
Pretty sure their previous early access games had initial limits too...didn't have a problem back then for me
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 05, 2016, 06:13:09 PM
Pretty sure their previous early access games had initial limits too...didn't have a problem back then for me
I don't think it's a problem either but the communication and information must be transparent (i haven't seen anything on the steam page). This is not really an EA but more a beta-testing (at best).
Quote from: Anguille on October 06, 2016, 03:20:38 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 05, 2016, 06:13:09 PM
Pretty sure their previous early access games had initial limits too...didn't have a problem back then for me
I don't think it's a problem either but the communication and information must be transparent (i haven't seen anything on the steam page). This is not really an EA but more a beta-testing (at best).
Maybe, don't know.....I guess we'll see soon enough. Unless the game is super cheap, I don't see myself buying anyway, didn't get much mileage out of previous version.
I really shouldn't have watched any videos last night. The additions to exploration and the new political system look really interesting, and my will is softening.
Yeah, the more I think about it I'm not sure I even made it to 100 turns even AFTER it released. :P
I guess I'll be holding off until there's more meat on the bones.
Quote
HOW'S THE EARLY ACCESS VERSION ON THIS ASPECT?
Population
While you can still move your population between colonized planets within a system, in the Early Access, there is no feature to move populations across systems yet.
Research
For the Early Access version, there will be no faction-specific technology except technologies obtained by completing steps of your Faction Quest.
As it is now, players can research technologies in any order without needing to research prior technologies.
Diplomacy
For the Early Access, most of the feature of coordination between empires through diplomacy, such as Alliances, treaties etc... aren't present in the game.
Trade
In the Early Access version, there will be no Marketplace.
In the Early Access version, the trade system doesn't require players to build "commercial ships" and send them to establish the trade routes hard points, but this is subject to change.
Narrative Experience
For the Early Access, the After Action Report is quite limited.
For the Early Access, narrative experience cannot be shared through G2G via game story albums yet
.
I don't know, all that stuff is pretty minor. For me anyway. I mean yes treaties and coordination is important but that's about it and truthfully I just want to kill everyone anyway so whatever. But as for not meeting ships to establish trade lanes I'm not getting faction specific technologies. meh...I can wait for those.
What I can't wait for is the game itself with the combat and ship design and everything else that's going to make me buy the early access
I wish I could get into space 4x. But they all just play exactly the same to me.
It's like anything else...if you enjoy the concept, then you can see the differences and enjoy the different mechanics. My wife likes wine...she can tell the difference between a Cab, merlot, etc and picks out the various flavors like smokey, wood, etc.. Right? To me, it's all flippin' wine
One things for certain...it sure is a beautiful game. Very sleek aesthetic.
Yup. One of the best looking ships and races.
So, anyone spend any time with this? Thoughts? There is a TON of discussion on the Steam page and I think I saw the 100 turn limit was already gone?
The feedback I've read is that what's there so far points to a very good game, and even in it's current state it's better than a lot of SF 4X titles, but it's still pretty bare-boned. I'll probably wait until a month or so before 1.0, since it will still be priced as an EA title, but have a lot more game to it.
Unless it shows up at a super low price over the holidays.
I've played a bit. It's basically Endless Space 1 with some Endless legends concepts thrown in. It's not completely new so if you liked ES and EL, you will love it. If you didn't like ES, I doubt there is anything that will change your mind...unless it was lack of a specific option
Sometime this week - there seems to be some political side that looks intriguing
Yes, there is a politics system with laws and government types. In fact, this review Discusses that system in depth:
http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2016/10/endless-space-2-early-access-first-impressions/
100 turn limit removed in today's patch.
The horatio are in - my favourite from es1
This game is all that's stopping me from going back to total hammer of war and I love that
I see they're sticking with the craptastic card-based combat from ES1. :buck2: What a waste, especially given how good the battles look.
I think it's a brilliant way of dealing with the combat - you choose your strategy - you watch the result
As much as I really, really like Endless Legend, I loathe Endless Space I. While pretty, it does not have much substance to me. I particularly dislike the combat system, which I find repetitive, boring and shallow. The game overall was easy and boring, even with all of the DLC and patches. I have difficulty believing that the same company made both games. If ES2 is remotely like ES1, then I shall not waste my money on it.
Quote from: Martok on January 28, 2017, 03:50:46 PM
I see they're sticking with the craptastic card-based combat from ES1. :buck2: What a waste, especially given how good the battles look.
Thought it was a great idea for speeding the overall campaign along while still having some battle input. But they didn't provide enough depth or options to it in the original. I had similar feelings about
Endless Legend too.
Been hoping they improve that situation in #2.
Very happy to hear that Horatio faction, from the original, is in. Great concept.. something rather different in theme if nothing else. :)
They knew huge patch is out today. Update some of the user interface adds a bunch of stuff to the battles and some graphics oriented things to increase immersion like lights on planets and civilian ships.
I have been playing a lot the last few weeks and I will tell you that if you did not like the battle system and endless space because there was not enough to do you might try this one. You can have three flotillas and you move your ships around and assign each shift to whatever flotilla you want. You then choose various tactics that have each flotilla doing something different either short range median range long range and then moving in on the flank barrel and straight ahead whatever. So you could design long-range ships in short range bruisers and put them in the proper flotillas and assign a strategy that uses their strengths. That's the old system and I think they've actually improved upon it with this new patch
Damn, do I play this or Afghanistan '11 tonight? :dreamer:
Been loosely watching this one.
Have to say, the politics caught my interest; and now the improved combat with tactical view, better feed back, and 3 parts to the fleets is making my trigger finger itch to pull on this now.
Quote from: Martok on January 28, 2017, 03:50:46 PM
I see they're sticking with the craptastic card-based combat from ES1. :buck2: What a waste, especially given how good the battles look.
Truthfully, the endless space 2 system of choosing a tactic and placing your ships into the proper flotillas to execute that tactic properly gives you more control over the fight than simply pushing your ship around a hex board and clicking on an enemy to fire at it. It's a more appropriate system for a commander role. I also like the animation because it will have your ships actually flanking and such
I appreciated the effort at innovation and agree that the card-based combat could be a cool new mechanic for lots of different reasons.
When I flirted with that mechanic in ES1, I found it fairly inscrutable and uninteresting, but I didn't play for more than a "free long weekend" they offered a few years back before moving back to other titles (Distant Worlds: Universe in particular).
If they get it right, it could be very cool. I'm continuing to watch this product!
It's a good system but to be honest I have some issues and how it's implemented because it requires technologies. For example, when starting off I can't put my ships in a different place for the battle and only certain strategies are available to me to pick from. I have to research the technology that allows me to do those individual things and I just think that's kind of silly. I think a better route would be that as your hero advances and get to experience new tactics and things are opening up to him. That or possibly some type of military Academy you construct and the longer it's constructed the more options you start getting.
What's funny is that over the last two years I've tried all sorts of space 4Xs in various stages of development. To me, Polaris sector still the best of all of them. Having said that though the endless space\endless legend games have unbelievable Art and UIs...best by far
Just released a day early!
is it finished, finished? or has it just launched cause all the features basically are in?
Has the AI been improved over the beta?
Well it's complete anyway. Runs better on my system anyway. Too early to tell about AI but it is a beautiful game
I'm in the middle of my first game. I'm playing on a huge map and am at around turn 60. So far, I have not made contact with another major faction. I have discovered one minor faction and assimilated it. Not sure, I like this feature, but you can see the score of every major faction from turn one, even if they are undiscovered. So while you don't know which race they are, you can see how they are doing compared to you. Of 8 species I'm ranked 5th, so the AI must be doing something right. You are also notified when another race discovers something significant, like the Academy, or completes a challenge/achievement. The AI in my game appear to bbe over achievers...
I'll echo mikeck, the game is simply a stunner. The art direction is superb.
I'm still playing the first game I started. I haven't met any major races either but I can see the edge of another race. My star lanes were all dead ends. I'm in last place right now. I should start over I guess but I'm still having fun and want to see what happens next. There's still a lot to do (quests, anomalies to investigate, etc.). I've also encountered 'alien ships' and pirates.
And yes, the game really is beautiful. O0
Quote from: bbmike on May 21, 2017, 07:51:22 AM
I'm still playing the first game I started. I haven't met any major races either but I can see the edge of another race. My star lanes were all dead ends. I'm in last place right now. I should start over I guess but I'm still having fun and want to see what happens next. There's still a lot to do (quests, anomalies to investigate, etc.). I've also encountered 'alien ships' and pirates.
And yes, the game really is beautiful. O0
Why start over? You don't need starlanes to travel. There is a tech that allows for warp (or something) and travel between systems sans star lanes. It's a tier 2 tech so it doesn't take long to get
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 21, 2017, 06:29:45 AM
I'm in the middle of my first game. I'm playing on a huge map and am at around turn 60. So far, I have not made contact with another major faction. I have discovered one minor faction and assimilated it. Not sure, I like this feature, but you can see the score of every major faction from turn one, even if they are undiscovered. So while you don't know which race they are, you can see how they are doing compared to you. Of 8 species I'm ranked 5th, so the AI must be doing something right. You are also notified when another race discovers something significant, like the Academy, or completes a challenge/achievement. The AI in my game appear to bbe over achievers...
I'll echo mikeck, the game is simply a stunner. The art direction is superb.
If you continue, i will end buying it faster than planned!
Yeah me too! :)
I keep waiting for this thread to catch fire, but I'm not hearing much. I'd love to hear, now that it's finally released, what sets this game apart from Stellaris or GalCiv III or even Whatever They Named MoO 4. Great artwork and a solid UI, I've heard, but that's about all...
How's it different?
Not sure it is...not sure any space 4xs are really different....that's the problem.but if you've ever played endless space one then you have an idea.
What do you folks think about the 'hands-off' ship combat?
Overall, I didn't much enjoy ship combat in Endless Space the original. While I can see the appeal of a more hands-off approach, I felt ES's 'choose a card' mechanic was a little too hands off for my liking.
I got it too, not up To combat yet, but it's very enjoyable so far
Quote from: sandman2575 on May 24, 2017, 07:59:04 PM
What do you folks think about the 'hands-off' ship combat?
Overall, I didn't much enjoy ship combat in Endless Space the original. While I can see the appeal of a more hands-off approach, I felt ES's 'choose a card' mechanic was a little too hands off for my liking.
Personally, I always felt that if you were going to abstract combat, I'd prefer at least some kind of engagement with it. Like, Amplitude made a choice not to offer a full interactive-combat mechanic, which is totally their choice to make. Bearing that in mind, the alternative is what Paradox do, which is 100% "hands-off" and is pretty much down to watching the AI crunch numbers.
I like card games, so I appreciated the aesthetic of 'playing cards' to give you a buff.
In ES2 though they seem to have taken a step back even more. You have a deck of battle tactics and you can customise a 'Hand' that every fleet takes into battle with them. You then pick one at the start of an engagement, and its effects apply through-out. While the mode is just as pretty to look at, I'm saddened that they've taken even the card-playing aspect away. It works though, so hopefully they'll iterate on it.
Not much interest here I guess but the latest patch is out:
[1.2.4] Patch Notes
[FIXES]
"Random tech" rewards from quests and events can no longer grant weapons using strategic resources
Fixed an issue where The Core Cracker module was displayed as "available" in the Ship Design screen for level 1 and 2 Arks
The Coordination Request panel in the end turn window now automatically shows when joining an alliance
Fixed heroes gaining too many levels when received too much experience at once
Fixed an issue where Military Stage IV unlock notification only shows 4 of its 6 unlocks
Fixed an issue where the Ark image in the System Management screen control banner and fleet unit image does not display the upgraded hulls
Fixed an issue where the fleet Action Point icon was not properly displayed
Removed Counter-Offer button in the Diplomatic Interaction Notification when against AI
Fixed an issue where Ark Improvements in the Constructed Improvement Panel were not displaying correct images
Fixed heroes surviving a battle although they've been defeated if they were with a Vodyani Ark which was destroyed as well
Fixed a situation where a fleet with 0 ships could appear on AI players
Fixed a rare crash when exiting the game
Fixed AI sometimes spamming other empires with Contextual diplomacy exchanges
Fixed Chroma restrictions to be available and working only with recent Razer SDK versions: 2.7.5 and up. This fixed blocking errors about Message Box
Fixed an issue where the Start Negotiation button in the Minor Faction notification was available even if the minor had been assimilated/killed
Locus of swarm no longer bugs out if the player destroys the fleet and if the battle is considered a draw
Fixed Civilians being able to turn into Privateers
Fixed an issue with the value the Mysterious plague ship quest required for its first objectives
[BALANCE]
Manpower production is now impacted by game speed
The game looks absolutely beautiful. The aesthetics are very sharp, original and unique. I like that many of the races are different from one another and from what we typically see in 4x games. However, there is something about the game that makes it difficult for me to get hooked. Not sure if it's the UI, if it's the difficulty levels, the way the game flows. I don't know...it's just never my "go to" game. I'm going to give it more time to take hold. It deserves it.
Just bought this for half off at Steam yesterday. Just pittled around with it a little last night but it looks very different compared to the original.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 26, 2018, 07:16:47 AM
The game looks absolutely beautiful. The aesthetics are very sharp, original and unique. I like that many of the races are different from one another and from what we typically see in 4x games. However, there is something about the game that makes it difficult for me to get hooked. Not sure if it's the UI, if it's the difficulty levels, the way the game flows. I don't know...it's just never my "go to" game. I'm going to give it more time to take hold. It deserves it.
+1
Played ES1. ES2 looks like more of the same. I have no interest in the game mainly because of the battle mechanics... or the lack thereof. Jarhead pretty much nailed it.
^Much improved over ES1 from what I can tell. Not sure about the combat yet, I don't think they changed that much.
Quote from: solops on January 26, 2018, 06:29:57 PM
Played ES1. ES2 looks like more of the same. I have no interest in the game mainly because of the battle mechanics... or the lack thereof. Jarhead pretty much nailed it.
I like the way the battles are resolved and am satisfied with being involved in the tactics by choosing how my ships fight and where they fly by choosing battle plans. Too each their own. It is ES1 with more little things and better older things. If you like the first one you'll like the second one. If you didn't like the first one you won't like the second one.
Quote from: mikeck on January 28, 2018, 01:12:21 PM
Quote from: solops on January 26, 2018, 06:29:57 PM
Played ES1. ES2 looks like more of the same. I have no interest in the game mainly because of the battle mechanics... or the lack thereof. Jarhead pretty much nailed it.
I like the way the battles are resolved and am satisfied with being involved in the tactics by choosing how my ships fight and where they fly by choosing battle plans. Too each their own. It is ES1 with more little things and better older things. If you like the first one you'll like the second one. If you didn't like the first one you won't like the second one.
Watched some YouTube videos....once your plans are set and the battle starts you can do nothing but watch it play out. Correct?
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/endless-space-2
Sale for the next 24 hours : €13.59 (-66%)
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/endless-space-2-vaulters
Sale for the next couple of days : €9.12 (-17%)
Picked it up today
on a sale at Steam, along
with Endless Legend.
Endless Legend - now there is a game that I really like. I cannot figure out how they hit so many of the correct buttons on that one but missed with Endless Space.
I have Endless Legend and both Endless Space games and am hellbent on giving them all the time they deserve soon.
Latest patch notes: http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=392110
OK so I am 10 turns in on my very first campaign of Endless Space 2. Any recommendations on tutorial videos for getting my economy going? So much info in-game, it's overload...yet I am still clueless!
Bought this in the STEAM sale. Glad I did. What a great game. I get that you choose tactics and let the AI do battle but that doesn't put me off. Really incredibly immersive and beautiful-looking game.
It reminds me a little of Dune and I like how it's set in the Endless Legend universe.
Quote from: Gusington on February 13, 2018, 09:05:07 PM
OK so I am 10 turns in on my very first campaign of Endless Space 2. Any recommendations on tutorial videos for getting my economy going? So much info in-game, it's overload...yet I am still clueless!
The first hero you get, assign him to your home planet and chose economy skills for his upgrade. There will be time to upgrade his other skills later. Concentrate on food and dust for planetary upgrades at first. Watch what you decide to upgrade because the dust costs it gives you are monthly accruals. Upgrade ships as often as you can afford to. Also, colonize other planets in the system as soon as you can and pay special attention to the strategic minerals you need for your ships....Shuffle your research often when you see things you know you will need very soon. Once you are able to go to level 2 colonies do so because with it you get spaceports and can move colonists to systems you need them. I love the game!
Thanks Trooper7. I hope to get back to it soon...huge beast of a game!