GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: PanzersEast on August 05, 2015, 09:15:17 AM

Title: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: PanzersEast on August 05, 2015, 09:15:17 AM
Empyrion - Galactic Survival releases for Early Access today.... on the surface it looks to have all the ingredients to be a very good game, however the execution is still to be seen. 





PE
Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 05, 2015, 09:30:18 AM
I'll be picking it up as soon as I get home. Looks like it has potential.
Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: Rayfer on August 05, 2015, 10:45:48 AM
Looks quite interesting and on Steam it says it is a single player game. I don't participate in 'early-access' games so I never saw the disclaimer on Steam as follows: Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Definitely one to watch.
Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: Rayfer on August 05, 2015, 12:10:09 PM
It's available and only $16.19, early access.
Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: MengJiao on August 05, 2015, 12:30:23 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on August 05, 2015, 12:10:09 PM
It's available and only $16.19, early access.

  I'll get it!  While early access is a mixed bag, I've had some good and cheap (ARMA3 for 13 bucks!) and cheap (Take on Mars, Sir You are Being Hunted, Verdun) results.  Anyway, I used to like space games.
Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: Freyland on August 05, 2015, 08:19:01 PM
Looks like assets from Starforge.

Also cannot find it on Steam. The name will show up in the search box but clicking it takes you back to the home page. Typically means the game page is taken down.
Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 05, 2015, 08:50:55 PM
Quote from: Freyland on August 05, 2015, 08:19:01 PM
Looks like assets from Starforge.

Also cannot find it on Steam. The name will show up in the search box but clicking it takes you back to the home page. Typically means the game page is taken down.

It's there. I bought it. Its not bad too. Lots of potential.
Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: Freyland on August 05, 2015, 09:25:28 PM
Yeah, it's available (to me) now.  From reading the discussions, it seems I was not the only one to think "Star Forge" when I saw the video. Fortunately, different developer.  I'll likely buy it while it's cheap despite the fact that I never get to play games anymore. :(
Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: MengJiao on August 06, 2015, 08:20:25 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 05, 2015, 08:50:55 PM
Quote from: Freyland on August 05, 2015, 08:19:01 PM
Looks like assets from Starforge.

Also cannot find it on Steam. The name will show up in the search box but clicking it takes you back to the home page. Typically means the game page is taken down.

It's there. I bought it. Its not bad too. Lots of potential.

  I got it.  At first glance its not particularly interesting.  For one thing, I haven't played that many space games, but everything looks very familiar as if any kind of imagination had been deliberately excluded from the design process.  I guess I've been spoiled by games with good art direction or at least workman-like attention to detail like Total War or FarCry3 or CLod or DCS.
Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 06, 2015, 08:38:24 AM
^Ummmm...the player can build everything, so it would seem the art direction is limited only by your own imagination. Remember, the game is "pre-alpha". I wouldn't expect too much. The key word is "potential." It may be realized, it may not. I think the odds are against it, based on other EA titles, but you never know.
Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: steve58 on August 06, 2015, 10:00:24 AM
Looks interesting, but my enthusiasm waned a bit after watching this video.  Building stuff is maybe just a little too detailed as in to build something, you must first prebuild sub-components A, B and C, etc.  Each sub-component may also need multiple sub-components as well.  Not sure how much more detailed it gets.  Just seems that would get a bit tedious after awhile.  Still, I'll be checking it out and keeping my eye on it.

Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: Boggit on August 08, 2015, 12:43:56 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 05, 2015, 08:50:55 PM
Quote from: Freyland on August 05, 2015, 08:19:01 PM
Looks like assets from Starforge.

Also cannot find it on Steam. The name will show up in the search box but clicking it takes you back to the home page. Typically means the game page is taken down.

It's there. I bought it. Its not bad too. Lots of potential.
Marks out of 10?
Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: bobarossa on August 08, 2015, 02:29:00 PM
Quote from: steve58 on August 06, 2015, 10:00:24 AM
Looks interesting, but my enthusiasm waned a bit after watching this video.  Building stuff is maybe just a little too detailed as in to build something, you must first prebuild sub-components A, B and C, etc.  Each sub-component may also need multiple sub-components as well.  Not sure how much more detailed it gets.  Just seems that would get a bit tedious after awhile.  Still, I'll be checking it out and keeping my eye on it.


You'd never make a good engineer then!
Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: steve58 on August 08, 2015, 05:19:10 PM
^Well, I want it to be fun, not a career :D
Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: gameleaper on August 09, 2015, 10:09:25 AM
after watching all the videos, I have concluded to myself this is unlike anything Ive seen before, I want it! No Mans Sky was looking good but now Im looking at this game, also it reminds me of space engineer I think its called, this game is a cross between the two
Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: spelk on August 10, 2015, 12:13:40 PM
RPS impressions
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/10/the-martian-game/
Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: steve58 on November 20, 2015, 09:54:00 AM
While this game still looks like too much "work" for me, thought others might be interested in it being on sale for $12.05 until Nov 25...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/383120/
Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: FarAway Sooner on November 22, 2015, 10:38:21 PM
Quote from: steve58 on August 06, 2015, 10:00:24 AM
Looks interesting, but my enthusiasm waned a bit after watching this video.  Building stuff is maybe just a little too detailed as in to build something, you must first prebuild sub-components A, B and C, etc.  Each sub-component may also need multiple sub-components as well.  Not sure how much more detailed it gets.  Just seems that would get a bit tedious after awhile.  Still, I'll be checking it out and keeping my eye on it.

Nothing worse than toiling for hours to merge multiple schematics and finally craft your +1 Assault Rifle, only to realize that the barrel schematic was laid out using English units while the rest of your gun was designed using specs designed in the metric system!!

:crazy2:
Title: Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Post by: AchillesLastStand on November 23, 2015, 01:55:12 AM
Been watching this for a few months, and being that its on sale is very tempting. Looks like its gotten some good reviews too.