GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on August 13, 2015, 02:47:21 PM

Title: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 13, 2015, 02:47:21 PM
...only because I really dig this song and have been listening to it over and over again.



I'll mostly be playing Subnautica, Call to Arms, Act of Aggression, Pike & Shot and ARMA 3 through the weekend.
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: Gusington on August 13, 2015, 02:49:32 PM
Ryse - Son of Rome and Attlia:TW. But I'm begnning to get into an rpg and horror mood...
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: JudgeDredd on August 13, 2015, 02:57:33 PM
Rugby all day Saturday and I've got my modelling to do. If I do play a game, I reckon it may well be either F1 2015 and practice at the Chinese Grand Prix or The Witcher III: Wild Hunt or Far Cry

But I reckon it'll be mostly modelling which I'm really enjoying at the minute.
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: undercovergeek on August 13, 2015, 04:23:49 PM
if i get chance to do anything there will be Rimworld in sandbox mode - no real baddies to contend with so i can expand and see a base in its glory and then switch baddies on and try again.

There will be some WitP AE PBEM now that ive found a suitable time slot in the day

Have a good weekend all
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: SirAndrewD on August 13, 2015, 04:37:46 PM
Going to break in my new A-Rated Python in Elite Dangerous. 

Also going to play some Mafia 2 because you guys made me buy that danged addictive time sink.
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: undercovergeek on August 13, 2015, 04:57:50 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on August 13, 2015, 04:37:46 PM
Going to break in my new A-Rated Python in Elite Dangerous. 

Also going to play some Mafia 2 because you guys made me buy that danged addictive time sink.

ooo that too!
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: LongBlade on August 13, 2015, 05:02:50 PM
Tropico 5 for $10 on Steam until Aug 17th!
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: Toonces on August 13, 2015, 05:04:30 PM
If we're celebrating Friday early does that mean I can have wine tonight?  :)

I'm going all-in on FPS this weekend.  ARMA 3, ARMA 2 campaign, and Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising are all on the plate for sure.
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: SirAndrewD on August 13, 2015, 05:19:16 PM
Quote from: Toonces on August 13, 2015, 05:04:30 PM
If we're celebrating Friday early does that mean I can have wine tonight?  :)

I'm going all-in on FPS this weekend.  ARMA 3, ARMA 2 campaign, and Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising are all on the plate for sure.

I've already had a Martini.
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: Toonces on August 13, 2015, 05:27:52 PM
Ok, that sounds like affirmative permission.  Bring on the wine!  And the women!
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: Ubercat on August 13, 2015, 07:00:23 PM
With a title like Machine Gun, I thought they might have covered Jimmy Hendrix.

Did anyone else notice that one of them looked an awful lot like Lionel Ritchie? 







:))
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 13, 2015, 07:41:23 PM
Quote from: Ubercat on August 13, 2015, 07:00:23 PM
With a title like Machine Gun, I thought they might have covered Jimmy Hendrix.

Did anyone else notice that one of them looked an awful lot like Lionel Ritchie? 







:))

It is Lionel Ritchie, dude. Its the Commodores!
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: Ubercat on August 13, 2015, 07:48:33 PM
 :)) = I knew that.
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: bbmike on August 13, 2015, 08:23:10 PM
Next you'll be telling me Frank Zappa sang Valley Girl.  ::)
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: MetalDog on August 13, 2015, 08:28:30 PM
Hush your mouth!





Gaming will most likely be continuing my CK2 game as the King of Leon.  Anything after that?  Gravy.
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: tgb on August 13, 2015, 09:23:37 PM
Pike & Shot Campaigns, GalCiv 3, Armello, and perhaps The Viceroy if the promised interface fix appears.
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: Kushan on August 13, 2015, 09:32:24 PM
CMANO scenario editing, Diablo 3, Crusader Kings 2, with a little WoWS thrown in. I'm about half way through updating all of my Skyrim mods, so I might get around to starting a new character this weekend.
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: Sir Slash on August 13, 2015, 09:50:03 PM
I thought Friday WAS part of the weekend. So wine, women, and gaming in any particular order is the order. I'm still having fun building battleships in Rule The Waves and not having fun with DC: Case Blue Bitch-Slapping me around so maybe something of a break like going back to my unfinished Shogun 2 TW or MTW 2 games. Or find where I left my dog in Skyrim. Have a great weekend Grogs.
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: Nefaro on August 14, 2015, 02:23:35 AM
Looks like mostly World Of Warships and maybe some War Thunder for a flying alternative.




Quote from: Ubercat on August 13, 2015, 07:00:23 PM
With a title like Machine Gun, I thought they might have covered Jimmy Hendrix.


Mhmmm..   ^-^





Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: MengJiao on August 14, 2015, 11:54:24 AM
Quote from: Kushan on August 13, 2015, 09:32:24 PM
CMANO scenario editing, Diablo 3, Crusader Kings 2, with a little WoWS thrown in. I'm about half way through updating all of my Skyrim mods, so I might get around to starting a new character this weekend.

Maybe some CMANO.  Definitely some RUS Gold and boardgames such as Courtrai 1302.
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: Anguille on August 14, 2015, 01:43:42 PM
Think i'll play Victor Vran for some action and Horizon for my 4x need (aiming for a galactic senate victory).
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: WallysWorld on August 14, 2015, 05:45:37 PM
CMBS PBEM
Playing the Canadian campaign in CMSF
Ageod's Civil War II
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: Bison on August 14, 2015, 08:40:34 PM
Well if can get myself to stop watching youtube videos, I want to continue on with my Distant World campaign and play some SWTOR.
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: JasonPratt on August 16, 2015, 12:03:44 PM
Almost entirely MtG:Duels. Working on the last 'tutorial' campaign today. Will get seriously into deck building soon. (The deck-building wizard is interesting but I don't think I had enough cards unlocked to make it work very effectively in that part of the tutorial -- the deck ran too slow. But the wizard can be used only partially, or building can be completely manual, though I don't know about adjusting land balance manually yet.)
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: MetalDog on August 16, 2015, 12:58:51 PM
Jason, I don't think I have you on Steam Friends.  Would love to get a little Duels in.


As promised, spent the weekend so far playing CK2.  Just inherited Castille from my grandmother.  I am now the King of Leon, Castille, and Aragon.  The Crusade has come to Hispania and I am ready to rock and roll!  Problem is, I am a legitimized bastard with a German wife and no blood heir.  I have a half sister, but, I've been building to this, for my current character to be in this EXACT position and now, my vassals strongly dislike me and I just had to divest myself of two Counties, to the two vassals that hate me least, in order to get under the Demesne penalty.
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: undercovergeek on August 16, 2015, 01:36:31 PM
sounds like a good one MD

i have rim worlded and sent a turn back to KyzBP so far - once junior is in bed i should get a turn out to JD for CMBS and ill have a little look at Call to Arms or redownload ARMA 3
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: JasonPratt on August 16, 2015, 02:02:46 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on August 16, 2015, 12:58:51 PM
Jason, I don't think I have you on Steam Friends.  Would love to get a little Duels in.

Great! I'm Sabreman, I think. That's what it says when I comment on a thread on Steam anyway. I think in MTG:Duels it calls me that, too.

Just finished the final campaign tutorial, so I'm off to go be deckbuildin'...

(Anyone else is welcome to send a Steam friend request; just let me know so I'll know who you are, since Steam names and Grog names don't always match up.)
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: Kushan on August 16, 2015, 02:15:29 PM
Other then my Command stream I've spent all of my time playing Crusader Kings 2.

I'm now firmly in control of the Duchy of Upper Burgundy. Succession laws are not what I would like, my youngest son inherits rather then the oldest, but its better then electoral succession. With further expansion north blocked by crown laws, I am now focusing on taking over lower Burgundy and working my way into Italy through Lombardy...I'm coming for you di Parmas :P
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: undercovergeek on August 16, 2015, 02:16:47 PM
Quote from: Kushan on August 16, 2015, 02:15:29 PM
Other then my Command stream I've spent all of my time playing Crusader Kings 2.

I'm now firmly in control of the Duchy of Upper Burgundy. Succession laws are not what I would like, my youngest son inherits rather then the oldest, but its better then electoral succession. With further expansion north blocked by crown laws, I am now focusing on taking over lower Burgundy and working my way into Italy through Lombardy...I'm coming for you di Parmas :P

pffft, we're Kings of Sicily and Dukes of Barcelona - bring it pee wee  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: JasonPratt on August 16, 2015, 04:29:47 PM
Okay, I sent Steam friend invites to everyone I recognized (unless I hadn't interacted with them much yet on forum). I'm inferring from the resemblance that the guy with MD's avatar is you, MD. ;)

Picked up Kushan immediately, yo!  O0
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: Staggerwing on August 16, 2015, 04:41:50 PM
Invite accepted.  O0
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: MetalDog on August 16, 2015, 04:55:41 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on August 16, 2015, 04:29:47 PM
Okay, I sent Steam friend invites to everyone I recognized (unless I hadn't interacted with them much yet on forum). I'm inferring from the resemblance that the guy with MD's avatar is you, MD. ;)

Picked up Kushan immediately, yo!  O0

Yup.  That's Frank :)
Title: Re: The Pre-Friday Friday Thread
Post by: Kushan on August 17, 2015, 01:49:59 PM
Wasn't able to make much progress last night. I have some of the claims I need in lower Burgundy but the emperor decided to declare an anti-pope, and well the French, English, Spanish... well pretty much everyone outside the HRE didn't like that and declared war on him. Wars been going on for awhile. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have an army of 8,000 Frenchmen siegeing my provinces. I tried raising my 6,000 man army and putting my rulers 23 military skill to use but I can't quite make up for his numbers. I shouldn't lose any of the provinces when peace is declared but its annoying to lose the income. In the mean time I've been following Hapsburg tradition and marrying my dynasty into all of the major houses in Germany. Hopefully soon, I hope to expand it amongst the French and Spanish so they too can see my houses greatness.