GrogHeads Forum

Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis => Modelling and Miniatures => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on August 13, 2015, 02:58:37 PM

Title: Look what I picked up today...
Post by: JudgeDredd on August 13, 2015, 02:58:37 PM
...only the stalwart of the BAOR

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2FModels%2FTamiya%25201-35%2520Chieftain%2FIMAG0312_zps0ftx7ezb.jpg&hash=67075656b1c729959dad9da9f0602c85bc04b5bc)
Title: Re: Look what I picked up today...
Post by: LongBlade on August 13, 2015, 04:35:30 PM
Sweet!
Title: Re: Look what I picked up today...
Post by: bayonetbrant on August 13, 2015, 05:57:57 PM
O0
Title: Re: Look what I picked up today...
Post by: mirth on August 13, 2015, 06:07:24 PM
One of the all-time great tanks!
Title: Re: Look what I picked up today...
Post by: Staggerwing on August 13, 2015, 07:05:25 PM
Nice!

Take your sweet sweet time with that one, JD.
Title: Re: Look what I picked up today...
Post by: GDS_Starfury on August 13, 2015, 09:25:07 PM
http://missing-lynx.com/ will be your friend.
Title: Re: Look what I picked up today...
Post by: Nefaro on August 14, 2015, 02:43:54 AM
You filthy hooker.

Look at the price!  I'm guessing that's a steal these days.
Title: Re: Look what I picked up today...
Post by: JudgeDredd on August 14, 2015, 03:21:16 AM
Indeed it was a steal!

I'm looking forward to this one. The Chieftain was in service when I joined and one of the reasons I wanted to join...to drive them (which I didn't!  :-\ )

I was looking at taking part in photo-etching - but the photo etch for this kit is £12.80 and the model was only £18:50!!  :o

Also - if I was going to do photo etching, I would need to buy a dremel kit which will add another £30 - although it would be of use more than this once - especially if I was going to photo etch in the future.

The problem I have with photo etching is the cost. I already keep the model kits I buy to a minimum in terms of cost. So I kind of don't want to add more to the cost for little bits that, whilst they enhance the model, are probably mainly used by modellers who model their wares at shows etc.

So the jury is out at the moment. But it's unlikely to hit this model.
Title: Re: Look what I picked up today...
Post by: GDS_Starfury on August 14, 2015, 08:32:13 AM
the problem you will have with PE is the bending of the small bits.
Title: Re: Look what I picked up today...
Post by: Nefaro on August 14, 2015, 11:18:42 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 14, 2015, 08:32:13 AM
the problem you will have with PE is the bending of the small bits.

I'm almost positive this is code lingo for something dirty. 
Title: Re: Look what I picked up today...
Post by: LongBlade on August 14, 2015, 02:56:36 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on August 14, 2015, 11:18:42 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 14, 2015, 08:32:13 AM
the problem you will have with PE is the bending of the small bits.

I'm almost positive this is code lingo for something dirty.

It is, but given Star's proclivities unless you find yourself stone drunk in South Beach you're at a very low risk of discovering what it is.
Title: Re: Look what I picked up today...
Post by: GDS_Starfury on August 15, 2015, 12:41:24 PM
Sorry but its not code for anything except how these difficult parts work.

(https://d2ev13g7cze5ka.cloudfront.net/lor/lorrs3501_9.jpg?v=0000000001)
Title: Re: Look what I picked up today...
Post by: Nefaro on August 15, 2015, 02:26:36 PM
Dayum!  That's some detail!