GrogHeads Forum

Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis => Modelling and Miniatures => Topic started by: mirth on August 16, 2015, 01:18:58 PM

Title: 1/48 Scale Yak-7
Post by: mirth on August 16, 2015, 01:18:58 PM
A very talented buddy of mine did this up for me as a birthday gift. I had bought the kit years ago and through a roundabout process it ended up in his hands without me even knowing about it. I couldn't approach anything near his level of modeling skill. It was a pleasant surprise to get it back looking this awesome.

Sorry about some of the pic quality  :-\

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1252.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fhh561%2Fgrovesby%2FWP_20150816_003_zpshatj3b2z.jpg&hash=eef5ca6b624ea8aa1952f4b4028dbe2846f80e2f)


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1252.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fhh561%2Fgrovesby%2FWP_20150816_004_zps4hugm5gz.jpg&hash=497e18b75e209ca6c3c61de3a45e750e93185327)


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1252.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fhh561%2Fgrovesby%2FWP_20150816_005_zps40mksa8u.jpg&hash=7ed69aa1cecee2970da3dcfa7511a618ef4a019b)


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1252.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fhh561%2Fgrovesby%2FWP_20150816_006_zpsxo0adodh.jpg&hash=c4403c14bc6d4848878903c7825dc3a3247ffcdc)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1252.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fhh561%2Fgrovesby%2FWP_20150816_007_zpsn8mmoplv.jpg&hash=c793dc612f322443b0e16e18d06ad133ec564879)
Title: Re: 1/48 Scale Yak-7
Post by: JudgeDredd on August 16, 2015, 01:21:16 PM
That's a cool looking completed kit. I'm not a huge fan of Soviet WWII kits - aircraft or tanks - but he's done a good job with that.
Title: Re: 1/48 Scale Yak-7
Post by: mirth on August 16, 2015, 01:32:19 PM
I don't buy a lot of aircraft models these days. I originally bought that one to use with some of my 28mm WW2 minis.  I passed the kit on to someone else years ago and completely forgot about it. I was amazed when Adam handed it to me a few months ago with a, "Happy belated birthday".
Title: Re: 1/48 Scale Yak-7
Post by: undercovergeek on August 16, 2015, 01:45:54 PM
were you vibrating when you took the pics?
Title: Re: 1/48 Scale Yak-7
Post by: mirth on August 16, 2015, 01:47:39 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 16, 2015, 01:45:54 PM
were you vibrating when you took the pics?

too much coffee, apparently. sorry.
Title: Re: 1/48 Scale Yak-7
Post by: undercovergeek on August 16, 2015, 01:53:26 PM
Quote from: mirth on August 16, 2015, 01:47:39 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 16, 2015, 01:45:54 PM
were you vibrating when you took the pics?

too much coffee, apparently. sorry.

you shakey handed old git  :P
Title: Re: 1/48 Scale Yak-7
Post by: Staggerwing on August 16, 2015, 02:00:13 PM
Nice present!
Title: Re: 1/48 Scale Yak-7
Post by: Nefaro on August 16, 2015, 02:23:53 PM
Nice.

I always thought the Yaks, and especially the Lavochkins, had their own strange beauty.  Especially with some of the historic paint jobs, and that's a good one your buddy did.

I actually put the same red & white star on the prop hub of one of my Yaks in War Thunder a long time ago, since it features decal customization in-game.  This makes me want to do it with more of them.
Title: Re: 1/48 Scale Yak-7
Post by: mirth on August 16, 2015, 02:28:58 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on August 16, 2015, 02:23:53 PM
I always thought the Yaks, and especially the Lavochkins, had their own strange beauty.  Especially with some of the historic paint jobs, and that's a good one your buddy did.

+1 There's brutal ruggedness about them that is oddly pleasing to the eye.
Title: Re: 1/48 Scale Yak-7
Post by: LongBlade on August 16, 2015, 04:37:18 PM
Very nice. Thanks for sharing it.
Title: Re: 1/48 Scale Yak-7
Post by: GDS_Starfury on August 16, 2015, 08:56:18 PM
Quote from: mirth on August 16, 2015, 01:47:39 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 16, 2015, 01:45:54 PM
were you vibrating when you took the pics?

too much coffee, apparently. sorry.

good excuse.   ::)
Title: Re: 1/48 Scale Yak-7
Post by: mirth on August 17, 2015, 04:19:11 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 16, 2015, 08:56:18 PM
Quote from: mirth on August 16, 2015, 01:47:39 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 16, 2015, 01:45:54 PM
were you vibrating when you took the pics?

too much coffee, apparently. sorry.

good excuse.   ::)

It was that or Parkinson's.