GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: Barthheart on May 11, 2012, 10:45:00 AM

Title: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Barthheart on May 11, 2012, 10:45:00 AM
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/11/dirty-money-is-canadas-new-20-bill-pornographic/

What f&*%wads did they have on that focus group!!!  >:(

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pakalertpress.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F05%2FThree-topless-women-and-the-Twin-Towers-Canadians-baffled-by-picture-of-WWI-memorial-on-their-new-20-dollar-bill.jpg&hash=05259c0e39f6606804d22cdabe90bc76981bd97b)
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Gusington on May 11, 2012, 11:27:57 AM
I don't really see softcore porn there at all...is it me?
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Barthheart on May 11, 2012, 11:32:15 AM
That's 'cause there is none.... :P

This is better view of the actual memorial.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fth00.deviantart.net%2Ffs71%2FPRE%2Ff%2F2010%2F128%2F8%2F5%2FVimy_Ridge_Memorial_by_InATeaCup.png&hash=737aae76fe80e6af6790ab3090f196de699e2a9e)
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Barthheart on May 11, 2012, 11:37:22 AM
Better view showing just how impressively huge it is.....

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2F613armycadets.files.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F06%2Fvimymemorial-11.jpg&hash=64377b07edeb480b1c265ea0ce603ccf54176ca7)
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Gusington on May 11, 2012, 12:35:37 PM
^Imposing and melancholy. If I ever get to France I want to see it in person. I'd say your thread title is true.
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Centurion40 on May 11, 2012, 12:44:10 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 11, 2012, 11:27:57 AM
I don't really see softcore porn there at all...is it me?

Me either.  And I'd consider myself a bit of an expert.
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Centurion40 on May 11, 2012, 12:46:26 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 11, 2012, 12:35:37 PM
^Imposing and melancholy.

The war was horrible.  Yet it did give Canada status in the minds of the British and helped to give form to the nation.
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Gusington on May 11, 2012, 12:48:34 PM
If you don't see porn there, there is none.

Have you been to that memorial?
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Barthheart on May 11, 2012, 12:53:55 PM
I haven't been. I need to get to France and see it as my Great Uncle fought at the battle and lived.
Also need to get to the Juno Beach Memorial site, alnog with a few others....

Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Centurion40 on May 11, 2012, 12:58:19 PM
I've never been to France.  If I ever do go, that is on the list.
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Barthheart on May 11, 2012, 01:00:17 PM
Quote from: Centurion40 on May 11, 2012, 12:46:26 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 11, 2012, 12:35:37 PM
^Imposing and melancholy.

The war was horrible.  Yet it did give Canada status in the minds of the British and helped to give form to the nation.

Yes. Canada was 8 million people at the time. 600,000 Canadians signed up to serve in France (soldiers, nurses etc.) About 65,000 died in the war.
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Gusington on May 11, 2012, 01:04:03 PM
I've never been to Europe other than the UK. A Great Uncle of mine died at the Battle of the Bulge, he was ~26. I would like to see where he died, one day, if I can.
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Windigo on May 11, 2012, 02:16:31 PM
When this story forst broke, I just rolled my eyes and kept driving. I have little faith remaining in those people who's intelligence falls below the median (all 49.9999999% of the population). When things get inexplicably complex for them  they turn their cable TV volume up louder and put more money in the church collection to fight gay marriages and science
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Centurion40 on May 11, 2012, 02:27:59 PM
Quote from: Windigo on May 11, 2012, 02:16:31 PM
When this story forst broke, I just rolled my eyes and kept driving. I have little faith remaining in those people who's intelligence falls below the median (all 49.9999999% of the population). When things get inexplicably complex for them  they turn their cable TV volume up louder and put more money in the church collection to fight gay marriages and science

Bitter?
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Windigo on May 11, 2012, 02:32:32 PM
Quote from: Centurion40 on May 11, 2012, 02:27:59 PM
Quote from: Windigo on May 11, 2012, 02:16:31 PM
When this story forst broke, I just rolled my eyes and kept driving. I have little faith remaining in those people who's intelligence falls below the median (all 49.9999999% of the population). When things get inexplicably complex for them  they turn their cable TV volume up louder and put more money in the church collection to fight gay marriages and science

Bitter?


quite possibly.....
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: mirth on May 11, 2012, 03:23:39 PM
Canada has Maple Syrup, La Fin Du Monde and now porno money? What a country!!
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on May 11, 2012, 04:26:54 PM
"Many people in the focus group mistook the DNA strand featured on the $100 bill for a sex toy."

[/size]
LOL
[/size]Ok, I think we have something to export. Now what dumbass country will take them?
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: son_of_montfort on May 12, 2012, 05:23:02 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 11, 2012, 03:23:39 PM
Canada has Maple Syrup, La Fin Du Monde and now porno money? What a country!!

Fin du Monde is the finest beer. Mirth, I now know what we drink when first we meet!

I didn't see pornography, but I immediately thought it was the Twin Towers (as did many people on the focus group). Even after seeing the memorial, I still see the Twin Towers on 9/11. So... yeah... I can sort of see the complaint.
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Windigo on May 12, 2012, 10:24:41 PM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on May 12, 2012, 05:23:02 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 11, 2012, 03:23:39 PM
Canada has Maple Syrup, La Fin Du Monde and now porno money? What a country!!

Fin du Monde is the finest beer. Mirth, I now know what we drink when first we meet!

I didn't see pornography, but I immediately thought it was the Twin Towers (as did many people on the focus group). Even after seeing the memorial, I still see the Twin Towers on 9/11. So... yeah... I can sort of see the complaint.

*eye roll* its not always about you....
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: son_of_montfort on May 12, 2012, 10:36:20 PM
Really Windi? Cause that translucent Canadian flag even looks like smoke at first glance. And it doesn't help to have a building similar to the Empire State building under the queen. Poor graphic design.
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: MIGMaster on May 13, 2012, 08:49:37 AM
Quote from: Windigo on May 11, 2012, 02:16:31 PM
When this story forst broke, I just rolled my eyes and kept driving. I have little faith remaining in those people who's intelligence falls below the median (all 49.9999999% of the population). When things get inexplicably complex for them  they turn their cable TV volume up louder and put more money in the church collection to fight gay marriages and science

I'm trying to get a group of people together to go burning churches and lynching the anti-science types, as my mother-in-law is both. Let me know if you'd like your name added to the list Windy  :D
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: LongBlade on May 13, 2012, 10:42:50 AM
Quote from: MIGMaster on May 13, 2012, 08:49:37 AM
Quote from: Windigo on May 11, 2012, 02:16:31 PM
When this story forst broke, I just rolled my eyes and kept driving. I have little faith remaining in those people who's intelligence falls below the median (all 49.9999999% of the population). When things get inexplicably complex for them  they turn their cable TV volume up louder and put more money in the church collection to fight gay marriages and science

I'm trying to get a group of people together to go burning churches and lynching the anti-science types, as my mother-in-law is both. Let me know if you'd like your name added to the list Windy  :D

Funny, but there's always *someone* who falls on the left side of the bell curve. It's my personal believe that those of us who fall far outside the standard of deviation are there to help those who don't. Thus, I try to be always be patient with Windy, even when he says something like this - because I know that's how he looks to me, and deserves better treatment.
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Windigo on May 13, 2012, 12:29:57 PM
Quote from: MIGMaster on May 13, 2012, 08:49:37 AM
Quote from: Windigo on May 11, 2012, 02:16:31 PM
When this story forst broke, I just rolled my eyes and kept driving. I have little faith remaining in those people who's intelligence falls below the median (all 49.9999999% of the population). When things get inexplicably complex for them  they turn their cable TV volume up louder and put more money in the church collection to fight gay marriages and science

I'm trying to get a group of people together to go burning churches and lynching the anti-science types, as my mother-in-law is both. Let me know if you'd like your name added to the list Windy  :D

I am so on that list!

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Windigo on May 13, 2012, 12:32:43 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on May 13, 2012, 10:42:50 AM
Quote from: MIGMaster on May 13, 2012, 08:49:37 AM
Quote from: Windigo on May 11, 2012, 02:16:31 PM
When this story forst broke, I just rolled my eyes and kept driving. I have little faith remaining in those people who's intelligence falls below the median (all 49.9999999% of the population). When things get inexplicably complex for them  they turn their cable TV volume up louder and put more money in the church collection to fight gay marriages and science

I'm trying to get a group of people together to go burning churches and lynching the anti-science types, as my mother-in-law is both. Let me know if you'd like your name added to the list Windy  :D

Funny, but there's always *someone* who falls on the left side of the bell curve. It's my personal believe that those of us who fall far outside the standard of deviation are there to help those who don't. Thus, I try to be always be patient with Windy, even when he says something like this - because I know that's how he looks to me, and deserves better treatment.

I really appreciate your patience and understanding.... but it's like the bumper stays . . .   Those who think they know everything - just really annoy the hell out of us right right hand of the curve types ....

LB your journey will be over when you understand AGW   

;D
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: Gusington on May 13, 2012, 04:07:05 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FL3HxeNNEauI%2F0.jpg&hash=a61d4c3c3fd425e4d988460005fdb8db60a28793)
Title: Re: This Country is going to the idiots!
Post by: LongBlade on May 13, 2012, 05:44:25 PM
Quote from: Windigo on May 13, 2012, 12:32:43 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on May 13, 2012, 10:42:50 AM
Quote from: MIGMaster on May 13, 2012, 08:49:37 AM
Quote from: Windigo on May 11, 2012, 02:16:31 PM
When this story forst broke, I just rolled my eyes and kept driving. I have little faith remaining in those people who's intelligence falls below the median (all 49.9999999% of the population). When things get inexplicably complex for them  they turn their cable TV volume up louder and put more money in the church collection to fight gay marriages and science

I'm trying to get a group of people together to go burning churches and lynching the anti-science types, as my mother-in-law is both. Let me know if you'd like your name added to the list Windy  :D

Funny, but there's always *someone* who falls on the left side of the bell curve. It's my personal believe that those of us who fall far outside the standard of deviation are there to help those who don't. Thus, I try to be always be patient with Windy, even when he says something like this - because I know that's how he looks to me, and deserves better treatment.

I really appreciate your patience and understanding.... but it's like the bumper stays . . .   Those who think they know everything - just really annoy the hell out of us right right hand of the curve types ....

LB your journey will be over when you understand AGW   

;D

Whatever makes you feel better.