GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Staggerwing on August 20, 2015, 05:53:09 AM

Title: Rodina: space exploring and ship building sim
Post by: Staggerwing on August 20, 2015, 05:53:09 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/314230/

I know the game has been mention hereabouts before but has anyone bought in to it yet? It has full player transitions from ship to planet in first person and allows either ship building or customization. The developer say the game's status is more like Minecraft in that it will be constantly evolving as opposed to a game that is in Beta and is expected to have a traditional 'full feature' release.

Apparently someone somewhere has already recreated a full 3d ship mod of one of the player ships from the game FTL already.




Title: Re: Rodina: space exploring and ship building sim
Post by: gameleaper on August 20, 2015, 06:43:43 AM
there is a demo on steam , Im getting it now, looks realy good, I didn't like the 3rd person flight in the video, but Im hopeing there is a Dirst person option
Title: Re: Rodina: space exploring and ship building sim
Post by: gameleaper on August 20, 2015, 07:22:55 AM
I tried the demo on my old win7 desktop its old but I thought Id be ok, but it was a disaster, you need a faster PC for this game, maybe I will try on a better PC in the future :)
Title: Re: Rodina: space exploring and ship building sim
Post by: Pete Dero on August 20, 2015, 08:21:21 AM
Title: Re: Rodina: space exploring and ship building sim
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 20, 2015, 09:39:21 AM
I've been looking at this game for quite some time now and I have always managed to hold off on buying it. There just doesn't seem to be that much to do in it. Yes, you can configure the inside of your ship and walk around it. Yes, you can enter planet atmosphere and land on the surface, then get out and walk around. Yes, there is some space combat...but beyond that, what else is there really? There is no building on planet surfaces, no building ships, no building star bases, no smaller craft to control, no harvesting of resources that I know about, etc. There are so many games that permit you to do so much more...StarMade, Empyrion, Space Engineers, Kinetic Void, etc.

It all just seems a little bland. Its essentially an exploration game, but once No Man's Sky comes out, there will probably never be any reason to look at Rodina again.