GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MengJiao on August 25, 2015, 12:34:25 PM

Title: Hard West looks interesting
Post by: MengJiao on August 25, 2015, 12:34:25 PM


  http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/25/hard-west-gameplay-trailer/#more-310093

Title: Re: Hard West looks interesting
Post by: GJK on August 25, 2015, 03:21:59 PM
Saw that when it was on KS.  Does look interesting but in that alpha video, the AI just sits there when the shooting starts.  Maybe that was just for demonstration purposes only?
Title: Re: Hard West looks interesting
Post by: bbmike on August 25, 2015, 04:12:55 PM
Wild West done XCOM style? I'll have to watch this one!  O0
Title: Re: Hard West looks interesting
Post by: Nefaro on August 25, 2015, 05:39:29 PM
Quote from: bbmike on August 25, 2015, 04:12:55 PM
Wild West done XCOM style? I'll have to watch this one!  O0

"Weird West", actually.  Which is even better IMO, but may not be for everyone.   ^-^

Says it's supposed to be out this fall.  Which isn't very far away.  I wonder if they've shown anything about how the campaign works..? 
Title: Re: Hard West looks interesting
Post by: JasonPratt on August 25, 2015, 06:52:24 PM
Steam page says the campaign is currently 8 story missions (I guess that's the tutorial campaign?) And then a bunch of standalone missions.

So not at all X-Com. But I may still be okay with Jonah Hex Tactical Simulator 2015.
Title: Re: Hard West looks interesting
Post by: Nefaro on August 26, 2015, 02:14:12 AM
I would be extremely happy with a digital Deadlands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlands) RPG.  But this will have to suffice until then.


Sounds like the campaign will be on some rails though.  :-\
Title: Re: Hard West looks interesting
Post by: Greybriar on August 26, 2015, 01:20:44 PM
Here's a recent Hard West - Bank Robbery gameplay video with developer commentary:

Title: Re: Hard West looks interesting
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 19, 2015, 07:28:11 PM
November 4th release date...can pre order now.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/307670/