GrogHeads Forum

Welcome => GrogHeads Feedback => Topic started by: bayonetbrant on August 29, 2015, 04:26:11 PM

Title: This Weekend's Feature: A Review of Colonial Conquest
Post by: bayonetbrant on August 29, 2015, 04:26:11 PM
Cyrano gives us the low-down (http://grogheads.com/?p=8923)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgrogheads.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F08%2FCC-SPLASH.jpg&hash=5a343a48dafcdfb91cf745db8669c36cdf10b831)
Title: Re: This Weekend's Feature: A Review of Colonial Conquest
Post by: Sir Slash on August 31, 2015, 10:07:46 AM
Great review Cyrano. Thank you for the honest look under the hood.
Title: Re: This Weekend's Feature: A Review of Colonial Conquest
Post by: Boggit on September 05, 2015, 09:00:51 AM
I liked your review too. O0

Thinking about the CC, it looks broadly comparable to a "Risk" type style of game. Lux Deluxe springs to mind, which I'd argue is better choice for players for being much more flexible, although CC looks prettier.  In Lux Deluxe many different aspects of the game can be configured, including different AI player behaviours, to suit a player's preferences. Also, many different wars and conflicts can be played out due to the map editor, although the core mechanics - depending on the game configuration remain much the same. The other nice thing about LD, is that there is a massive choice of user developed maps. If I had to choose between the two games I'd go for Lux Deluxe, given they cost about the same.
Title: Re: This Weekend's Feature: A Review of Colonial Conquest
Post by: Cyrano on September 09, 2015, 09:37:51 PM
Thanks to you both.

It's not a bad game, but, as, apparently, even the designers acknowledge, there's a spot of work to be done before it's ready for prime time.  I credit them for acknowledging that and pressing ahead.

Title: Re: This Weekend's Feature: A Review of Colonial Conquest
Post by: Boggit on September 12, 2015, 12:09:31 PM
I respect the developer's candour. O0