GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: mirth on May 11, 2012, 07:02:31 PM

Title: RIP Carroll Shelby
Post by: mirth on May 11, 2012, 07:02:31 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/12/sports/carroll-shelby-builder-of-cobra-sports-car-dies-at-89.html?hp (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/12/sports/carroll-shelby-builder-of-cobra-sports-car-dies-at-89.html?hp)
Title: Re: RIP Carroll Shelby
Post by: Gusington on May 11, 2012, 08:10:08 PM
I have to be totally honest and admit I thought he died years ago...:/
Title: Re: RIP Carroll Shelby
Post by: LongBlade on May 11, 2012, 08:18:36 PM
RIP. He made some fine autos. Wish I could afford to own one.
Title: Re: RIP Carroll Shelby
Post by: Gusington on May 11, 2012, 08:23:49 PM
^You can if you buy a kit and have 3 years on your hands to assemble it.
Title: Re: RIP Carroll Shelby
Post by: LongBlade on May 11, 2012, 08:26:46 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 11, 2012, 08:23:49 PM
^You can if you buy a kit and have 3 years on your hands to assemble it.

Me + mechanics = 4x Average Joe time.
Title: Re: RIP Carroll Shelby
Post by: bob48 on May 12, 2012, 06:26:36 AM
Blimey. I actually saw an AC Cobra recently. Just gobsmackingly good, although I gather they are pretty mean beasts to drive. Maybe I'll go for a Lotus 7 instead :)