Anyone playing?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/318020 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/318020)
$38 seems a very tempting price. Tempted, but it looks a little too twitchy for my liking. I enjoy Wargame ALB & RD, but don't entirely love them, so not sure if this is up my alley. Eugen makes some damn fine games though.
(Kinda feel sorry for any games that are launching in the all-absorbing shadow of MGSV... Eugen might have waited a week or two, if they had that luxury...)
I got it late during the later part of early access and have to say I was enjoying. I know there was a good amount of negative feedback around here, and even a few guys requested a refund. I thought it was pretty cool though.
Thanks for the feedback. The more I look into it, the more spammy/zergy/clickfesty it looks, although the visuals are certainly impressive. Think I'll pass for now...
Its definitely an RTS. No question...but I found it much more manageable than the Wargame series, which I admittedly love.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 02, 2015, 02:46:03 PM
but I found it much more manageable than the Wargame series, which I admittedly love.
I'm surprised to hear that -- the video on the Steam page makes AoA's gameplay seem a lot more frenetic than Wargame.
I also think Wargame is a fantastic series, although it plays a little too 'fast' for my liking (I definitely couldn't play without RD's slow speed feature or the ALB speed-hack -- even on slower speeds, I find myself hard-pressed by the AI).
Base management sounds fun, and at $38... Now I'm back in the 'undecided' camp...
EDIT -- JH, can you play AoA on slower speeds, a la Red Dragon?
No...As far as I know, there is no feature to slow down time on AoA.
I've only played skirmish games against the AI, and I never really felt extreme pressure that prevented me from enjoying the build up of my base and advancement to higher tier units.
I refunded it during Early Access. It's not bad, just not my thing.
I love CC Generals and the thought of having a modern "spiritual successor" excited me. The meta is completely focused on a complex economy system, whereas CCG is more focused on combat.
I figured I can save $38 and just play CCG. I wish Eugen would've made a modern version of RUSE II. I enjoy the Wargame series but it tries too hard to be realistic and by doing so- it isn't. RUSE was a good mix of fun & tactics.
Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on September 02, 2015, 09:06:15 PM
I figured I can save $38 and just play CCG.
I went to play CC Generals today, to scratch my RTS itch, and sure enough it doesn't start - on any of my computers. I'm not sure what changed in the last few months (Windows update, possibly?). The exe doesnt launch, no error, no feedback at all. I click on the exe, and it does nothing.
Generals needs to get on Steam. EA needs to stop screwing around with Origin.
News from Eugen
Quote
This new edition is more than just a patch: it is a massive overhaul of the game. Among the many changes, too many to list here in their entirety, here are the major ones:
- Single-resource economy
- Playable builders
- Reworked planes' mechanics
- Improved unit reactivity
Read our DevBlog for more details about all the changes.
Two for the price of one
Available for free to every owner of Act of Aggression, the beta will automatically combine with your existing version of the game, and give you the opportunity to switch between both as you see fit. And we hope that players disappointed with the original game will give it another try and maybe change their perception about it.
We have heard you
Since release, we have been busy compiling user reviews in order to identify what we may have done wrong, what was expected from us which we failed to deliver, ... And, more importantly, what could be done about it?
Act of Aggression: Reboot Edition is our answer to this question. We believe all the effort we have put into it will address most, if not all, the complaints made about the game at release.
When we started working on this project, our goal was to bring back the "old-school" flavor that made us love RTS games. We remain dedicated to the same goal we started with.
Stay tuned for more details.
I think this was my biggest gaming letdown of the past year. I was hoping for something as simple as CC, but with the IrisZoom engine of the RUSE/Wargame series. AoA was poorly delivered and pretty terrible in some aspects. Hopefully they can give it a second shot.
Anyone played this since the "reboot"? Had my eye on this one for a long while now.
Quote from: Martok on April 17, 2016, 02:06:20 PM
Anyone played this since the "reboot"? Had my eye on this one for a long while now.
Not yet. I'm going to wait for this to drop to $9 on sale. It will.
I'm hoping the silent protest of not purchasing will make them realise the error of their ways and they'll get back to the wargame series
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 18, 2016, 01:38:15 AM
I'm hoping the silent protest of not purchasing will make them realise the error of their ways and they'll get back to the wargame RUSE series