GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on September 11, 2015, 05:56:41 AM

Title: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on September 11, 2015, 05:56:41 AM
A bad little jam to get your morning going and annoy the neighbors :)  Game wise it's going to be some Civ IV BtS, solo and mp.  I'll also be continuing my CK 2 campaign as the King of Leon.  Mostly, I'll be agonizing over setting my roster for the first week of the fantasy football season and watching the opening weekend of the NFL season.


Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: tgb on September 11, 2015, 06:06:49 AM
I just started a new Long War campaign in XCOM:EW.  Also continuing on with Warhammer:Regicide and my Mori campaign in Nobunaga's Ambition.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Apocalypse 31 on September 11, 2015, 06:39:02 AM
Metal Gear Solid 5 and some Steel Beasts with the DoW

I have roughly 27 hours and I'm about 5% complete with the game.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 11, 2015, 06:47:43 AM
Metal Gear Solid V and some Metal Gear Solid V.  If I get the chance, I'll also play some Metal Gear Solid V and I have Metal Gear Solid V on the back burner just in case I get finished with Metal Gear Solid V and have some spare time. If all else fails, it will be Metal Gear Solid V.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Bison on September 11, 2015, 07:04:30 AM
Dwarf Fortress.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on September 11, 2015, 07:06:59 AM
Dragon Age - Inquisition and resisting the urge to buy The Witcher 3 on sale at Steam.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Barthheart on September 11, 2015, 07:08:12 AM
New and old VASSAL work.

Continuing my CK II campaign, also as the King of Leon... but I started in 769 and we're in 892, slowly taking back the Iberian peninsula.

More Wing Leader with SDR. Second wave for both sides now entering the fray.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Rayfer on September 11, 2015, 07:20:46 AM
Ageod's ACW2...keep coming back to this one, love it! Full campaign as the North.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 11, 2015, 07:46:45 AM
Metal Gear Solid V
The Witcher III
Project Cars
F1 2015

I will likely be doing some more work on my Tamiya 1/48 scale Sea Harrier
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Tuna on September 11, 2015, 08:09:12 AM
Have a DR test tonight at work, which Murphy's law my task won't go till real late..Hoping to get some World of Warships in earlier in the evening (loving this game).

Son's Confirmation is tomorrow, so no gaming (hopefully I'll have enough sleep).

Back to World of Warships and Football on Sunday!  O0
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: jamus34 on September 11, 2015, 08:29:23 AM
Let's see... Continuing my noob exp with Arma 3 multiplayer, some ck2 and maybe eu4 and pillars
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on September 11, 2015, 08:44:44 AM
ARMA III KotH - im liking the up close shooty stuff too much to learn how to fly the choppers

MGS V when i get chance - still staring at Keifers ass at the moment
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 11, 2015, 08:46:49 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 11, 2015, 08:44:44 AM
ARMA III KotH - im liking the up close shooty stuff too much to learn how to fly the choppers

MGS V when i get chance - still staring at Keifers ass at the moment
The opening sequence is intense and tells a story - a good one imo - but it is painfully slow also. The game opens up after that sequence.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on September 11, 2015, 08:55:11 AM
yeah, i intend to savour every moment, the reviews i read cant praise the game enough
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Dammit Carl! on September 11, 2015, 09:02:22 AM
For the briefest of moments (before I again sail on down the road for another weekend away due to work), I shall avail myself to the task that is World of Tanks.

But first, the malt liquor!
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: MengJiao on September 11, 2015, 09:13:42 AM
Quote from: tgb on September 11, 2015, 06:06:49 AM
I just started a new Long War campaign in XCOM:EW.  Also continuing on with Warhammer:Regicide and my Mori campaign in Nobunaga's Ambition.

  I may play some XCOM: Enemy Unknown since its free this weekend.

  Other than that, flight sims and Wing Leader
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: WallysWorld on September 11, 2015, 10:00:16 AM
CMBS PBEM.
Canadian campaign for CMSF.
Civil War II as the Union in the April 1861 campaign. It's now late 1861.
Some War Thunder.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Rekim on September 11, 2015, 10:02:33 AM
I have the day off and am trying my best to stay away from 7 Days To Die until I get some chores finished. I bought it last week and have been playing the crap out of it. This is the first FPS I have taken to in my life other that a bit of UT, and am somewhat surprised by this.

I'm also prepping for an ASL match on Sunday. Gurkha's and IJA will have a meeting engagement in the jungles of Burma. I'm sure it will be a blast but having a tough time planning my setup on such a crazy map (7a). Another interesting feature of this scenario is that both sides set up simultaneously with a board placed between us. A die roll determines who attacks first.

(https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-P_RLzMgyx18/VfLpYyRfGpI/AAAAAAAABco/-XZUudODgKU/s800-Ic42/AP86-Map.png)

 
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on September 11, 2015, 10:29:31 AM
The NFL season is already over. The Pats won last pm so.... just re-play last season. DC Case Blue when I'm up for it and Pillars of Eternity when I'm not. And still pushing the boundaries of the Roman Empire ever outward in Rome 2. But tonight it's local high school football to see my niece's son play as starting Running Back. I guess a few of my family genes filtered down after all.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Asid on September 11, 2015, 11:50:37 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 11, 2015, 06:47:43 AM
Metal Gear Solid V and some Metal Gear Solid V.  If I get the chance, I'll also play some Metal Gear Solid V and I have Metal Gear Solid V on the back burner just in case I get finished with Metal Gear Solid V and have some spare time. If all else fails, it will be Metal Gear Solid V.

Choices...Choices....Which will it be ? ... lol
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 11, 2015, 12:26:44 PM
Quote from: Asid on September 11, 2015, 11:50:37 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 11, 2015, 06:47:43 AM
Metal Gear Solid V and some Metal Gear Solid V.  If I get the chance, I'll also play some Metal Gear Solid V and I have Metal Gear Solid V on the back burner just in case I get finished with Metal Gear Solid V and have some spare time. If all else fails, it will be Metal Gear Solid V.

Choices...Choices....Which will it be ? ... lol

It's tough, but so far, I'm leaning toward Metal Gear Solid V.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Asid on September 11, 2015, 12:42:17 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 11, 2015, 12:26:44 PM
It's tough, but so far, I'm leaning toward Metal Gear Solid V.

:2funny: 
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Airborne Rifles on September 11, 2015, 03:02:13 PM
As per SOP: CMANO, finishing up Northern Fury 3 and its AAR and hopefully moving on to NF 5: Bardufoss Blues.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: W8taminute on September 11, 2015, 03:46:47 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 11, 2015, 12:26:44 PM
Quote from: Asid on September 11, 2015, 11:50:37 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 11, 2015, 06:47:43 AM
Metal Gear Solid V and some Metal Gear Solid V.  If I get the chance, I'll also play some Metal Gear Solid V and I have Metal Gear Solid V on the back burner just in case I get finished with Metal Gear Solid V and have some spare time. If all else fails, it will be Metal Gear Solid V.

Choices...Choices....Which will it be ? ... lol

It's tough, but so far, I'm leaning toward Metal Gear Solid V.

Personally I think you should go with Metal Gear Solid V but what do I know.   8)
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 11, 2015, 03:49:23 PM
No way. He's playing Plants vs Zombies every single day!  :D
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: JasonPratt on September 11, 2015, 05:26:38 PM
I've been playing through Arkham: Origins the past few days and having a blast with it as usual. Tentatively planning to do the whole Arkham storyline in a row, though I may skip Blackgate since I don't much like platformers and the art style for the cut-scenes is hideous. Still, the gameplay is Arkhamy, and the voice acting as always is top par, so...

(I refuse to play MGSV until I catch up on the other Metal Gear games. So, probably never. ;) )
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: steve58 on September 11, 2015, 06:17:56 PM
World of Warships if/when I have time!
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 11, 2015, 10:09:18 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on September 11, 2015, 03:46:47 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 11, 2015, 12:26:44 PM
Quote from: Asid on September 11, 2015, 11:50:37 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 11, 2015, 06:47:43 AM
Metal Gear Solid V and some Metal Gear Solid V.  If I get the chance, I'll also play some Metal Gear Solid V and I have Metal Gear Solid V on the back burner just in case I get finished with Metal Gear Solid V and have some spare time. If all else fails, it will be Metal Gear Solid V.

Choices...Choices....Which will it be ? ... lol

It's tough, but so far, I'm leaning toward Metal Gear Solid V.

Personally I think you should go with Metal Gear Solid V but what do I know.   8)

I was going to take your advice, but I thought better of it and just played Metal Gear Solid V, instead.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 11, 2015, 10:23:31 PM
Just played a game of Darkest Night - a lot of fun, that.

Will do some more Hapsburg Eclipse for my AAR and some more Pool of Radiance for that AAR as well.

Might start a game of Operation Drumbeat or Red Menace for AAR purposes, too, but that'll probably be next week sometime. I'm still trying to upgrade the graphics of Operation Drumbeat to make it look a little better for such a presentation. More work than I thought it would be! Red Menace at least comes with a VASSAL module so I could use that for graphics purposes, and it doesn't look too bad to boot.

Otherwise I started yet another game of Skyrim a couple of days ago...I re-installed it after I cleared out Valkyria Chronicles. I couldn't believe that damn (latter) game was 20GB! Once I discovered that it was adios amigo, which cleared my HD up something fierce. Not too many large games in the wings that I'd reinstall and revisit but that one is definitely up there.

Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Toonces on September 11, 2015, 11:28:56 PM
Played a bit of ARMA 3 KotH, but there was some serious jackassery going on with the jets spawn killing.

Finished up with CK2 playing as Burgundy I think.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Arctic Blast on September 12, 2015, 12:05:16 AM
Starting up a D&D 5th Edition campaign tomorrow night. My PC game backlog has grown to absurd levels...but with football starting up full bore on Sunday, I may not have much time to get to it.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Toonces on September 13, 2015, 09:39:18 AM
Typically when I have some scotch while gaming the only people that suffer are my poor little pixel soldiers.  But that damage isn't usually lasting...I can always revert to a save from before I started enjoying my drink(s).

Not so last night.  I was on an ARMA 3 KotH rampage last night, happily sipping my House of Stuart and ferrying folks around on my little bird helo.  But after getting shot down over and over, and maybe I had a few scotches? I got so pissed that I bought a third perk and perma-bought a Titan AA missile launcher.  That's about $150k worth of kit in about 15 seconds!  So now I am quite poor and filled with buyer's remorse in the cold hard morning of sobriety.   :-[

I did shoot down 3 enemy helos last night, with assorted troops.  That felt pretty good.   :P
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on September 13, 2015, 01:39:15 PM
Lol, balls to remorse - that's some awesome chopper killer you have there - had a ride in one the other night and it scythed down the enemy helos
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 14, 2015, 07:07:00 AM
Would you believe after all that, I ended playing Metal Gear Solid V the entire weekend? Despite all of my best plans, it is all I touched.

Seriously, MGSV is an outstanding game. It is all I think about. It is starting to upset my work schedule and family life. I sit around thinking about New mission strategies, better ways to plan insertions and egress, thinking about my next tech upgrades, mission load outs, organizing staff at mother base, etc. I mean, shit, the game models dirt and sweat when you're out in the field and if you don't shower when you return, you attract flies, have body odor, develop PTSD and nobody wants to talk to you. Come on, Kojima has thought of everything! And Quiet...oh my sweet quiet. What a great set of boobs!
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: MengJiao on September 14, 2015, 08:42:16 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on September 11, 2015, 09:13:42 AM
Quote from: tgb on September 11, 2015, 06:06:49 AM
I just started a new Long War campaign in XCOM:EW.  Also continuing on with Warhammer:Regicide and my Mori campaign in Nobunaga's Ambition.

  I may play some XCOM: Enemy Unknown since its free this weekend.

  Other than that, flight sims and Wing Leader

  And that's what happened!  Though the big surprise for me was that XCOM EU was so close to the original XCOM in so many ways, which is a very good thing.  When XCOM came out in (1994?) it was the right game at the right time for me.  This XCOM EU has better combat, but keeps the strategic incoherence of the original.  Which is fine with me.  The hokey blasting of odd aliens in a simplified tactical arena was what I always have enjoyed anyway.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on September 14, 2015, 10:05:13 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 14, 2015, 07:07:00 AM
Would you believe after all that, I ended playing Metal Gear Solid V the entire weekend? Despite all of my best plans, it is all I touched.

Seriously, MGSV is an outstanding game. It is all I think about. It is starting to upset my work schedule and family life. I sit around thinking about New mission strategies, better ways to plan insertions and egress, thinking about my next tech upgrades, mission load outs, organizing staff at mother base, etc. I mean, shit, the game models dirt and sweat when you're out in the field and if you don't shower when you return, you attract flies, have body odor, develop PTSD and nobody wants to talk to you. Come on, Kojima has thought of everything! And Quiet...oh my sweet quiet. What a great set of boobs!

lol, i need a few days to get into it and i see no reason why i wont feel the same way about it that you do
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 14, 2015, 10:10:48 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 14, 2015, 10:05:13 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 14, 2015, 07:07:00 AM
Would you believe after all that, I ended playing Metal Gear Solid V the entire weekend? Despite all of my best plans, it is all I touched.

Seriously, MGSV is an outstanding game. It is all I think about. It is starting to upset my work schedule and family life. I sit around thinking about New mission strategies, better ways to plan insertions and egress, thinking about my next tech upgrades, mission load outs, organizing staff at mother base, etc. I mean, shit, the game models dirt and sweat when you're out in the field and if you don't shower when you return, you attract flies, have body odor, develop PTSD and nobody wants to talk to you. Come on, Kojima has thought of everything! And Quiet...oh my sweet quiet. What a great set of boobs!

lol, i need a few days to get into it and i see no reason why i wont feel the same way about it that you do

It is the first game in a long time that has stripped my desire to touch anything else, in gaming and in life. I'm utterly hooked.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Nefaro on September 14, 2015, 02:48:14 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 14, 2015, 10:10:48 AM

It is the first game in a long time that has stripped my desire to touch anything else, in gaming and in life. I'm utterly hooked.

Just remember to drink some fluids every day or two, JH!

:D
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Toonces on September 14, 2015, 02:53:21 PM
Man I wish a game hooked me like that.   :(
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on September 14, 2015, 03:00:19 PM
Quote from: Toonces on September 14, 2015, 02:53:21 PM
Man I wish a game hooked me like that.   :(

you not feeling the Arma 3 love?
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Toonces on September 14, 2015, 03:17:06 PM
Not like that.  ARMA 3 is more a game of convenience than anything else...something I can jump into and out of without burning too many brain cells.

I think the last game I really go completely immersed in was Skyrim a couple of years ago.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Skoop on September 14, 2015, 06:13:39 PM
I don't usually do AAA titles, but that's a serious claim by JH.  I may have to check this out, I didn't relize there was so much to MGSV.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on September 14, 2015, 06:35:11 PM
Ended up with a Domination win on Monarch in Civ IV BtS.  It was a single player game on a Tiny map and I was Montezuma.  Isabella was ahead of me in tech, had more cities (barely) and declared war on Wang Kon and his vassal, Tokugawa.  Wang Kon came to me, hat in hand, and asked me to join the war.  I knew if I didn't, Izzy would roll Wang Kon and Tokugawa. 

Although Isabella had Tanks, Destroyers and Fighters, and all I had to counter was Infantry and the will to resist, fighting a war on two fronts kept her from concentrating on any of us.  The war dragged on so long that I was able to research up to even forces in the contest and started to churn out Tanks and Marines.  I was able to move, slowly but surely, taking Spanish cities until the turning point came.  I was outside Santander, which was the source of Isabella's only Oil.  I sent Cavalry to destroy the well and took Santander two turns later.

The loss of Oil left Izzy unable to build Tanks, Fighters or Destroyers.  That being the case, combined with my increased manufacturing capacity and up to date weaponry, it was just a matter of time.  The Domination win came with Isabella in possession of two of the thirteen cities started with.  And Wang Kon nor Tokugawa lost one city to her.
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: Rayfer on September 15, 2015, 08:12:50 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 14, 2015, 06:35:11 PM
Ended up with a Domination win on Monarch in Civ IV BtS.  It was a single player game on a Tiny map and I was Montezuma.  Isabella was ahead of me in tech, had more cities (barely) and declared war on Wang Kon and his vassal, Tokugawa.  Wang Kon came to me, hat in hand, and asked me to join the war.  I knew if I didn't, Izzy would roll Wang Kon and Tokugawa. 

Although Isabella had Tanks, Destroyers and Fighters, and all I had to counter was Infantry and the will to resist, fighting a war on two fronts kept her from concentrating on any of us.  The war dragged on so long that I was able to research up to even forces in the contest and started to churn out Tanks and Marines.  I was able to move, slowly but surely, taking Spanish cities until the turning point came.  I was outside Santander, which was the source of Isabella's only Oil.  I sent Cavalry to destroy the well and took Santander two turns later.

The loss of Oil left Izzy unable to build Tanks, Fighters or Destroyers.  That being the case, combined with my increased manufacturing capacity and up to date weaponry, it was just a matter of time.  The Domination win came with Isabella in possession of two of the thirteen cities started with.  And Wang Kon nor Tokugawa lost one city to her.

Nice abbreviated AAR MD....I think I liked Civ. 4 better than 5, though I haven't played it in a long time. I'm resisting the temptation to re-download it!
Title: Re: Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on September 16, 2015, 06:14:52 AM
Thank you, sir.  4 is my all time favorite game.  You should re-download it ;)