GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: solops on September 23, 2015, 08:43:06 AM

Title: Paradox forums
Post by: solops on September 23, 2015, 08:43:06 AM
Will someone please tell me what is going on over at the Paradox forums? I cannot log on at any of their websites any more. My password is ignored and they do not seem to have my e-mail since the "forgot my password" route does not work either. I cannot even find a "Login" button on their forums. Their whole website system looks boggled up.
Title: Re: Paradox forums
Post by: steve58 on September 23, 2015, 08:53:45 AM
I see a "Sign in" link in the upper right hand corner of the screen over at https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php.
Just logged in OK, so it appears to be working...at least it is for me. 
Maybe try a reboot, flush out your browser cache and/or run ccleaner ...
Title: Re: Paradox forums
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 23, 2015, 08:55:40 AM
(never mind...  problem solved...?)
Title: Re: Paradox forums
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 23, 2015, 09:17:15 AM
Strange...it is working from some people, but not for others. I guess it is some kind of a...paradox... :uglystupid2:
Title: Re: Paradox forums
Post by: bobarossa on September 23, 2015, 09:35:36 AM
I tried logging in recently to look for the latest Total Realism Project for HOI3.  I couldn't login either and without a login you can't view tech support or mod forums.  Seems related to some kind of forum upgrade they did in last 6 months?  I created a new account but when I tried to register my games, it said I had to login to my Steam account.  I do not plan to ever have a steam account and this just screws the buyers of their older games.  I hate Paradox. 
Title: Re: Paradox forums
Post by: Rayfer on September 23, 2015, 10:47:56 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on September 23, 2015, 09:35:36 AM
I tried logging in recently to look for the latest Total Realism Project for HOI3.  I couldn't login either and without a login you can't view tech support or mod forums.  Seems related to some kind of forum upgrade they did in last 6 months?  I created a new account but when I tried to register my games, it said I had to login to my Steam account.  I do not plan to ever have a steam account and this just screws the buyers of their older games.  I hate Paradox.

Just curious....why no Steam account ever?
Title: Re: Paradox forums
Post by: Bison on September 23, 2015, 11:15:33 AM
I'm going with curmudgeon.
Title: Re: Paradox forums
Post by: Boggit on September 23, 2015, 12:04:51 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 23, 2015, 09:17:15 AM
Strange...it is working from some people, but not for others. I guess it is some kind of a...paradox... :uglystupid2:
Maybe Bobarossa didn't buy their Login dlc? ;) :2funny:
Title: Re: Paradox forums
Post by: bobarossa on September 23, 2015, 12:20:22 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 23, 2015, 10:47:56 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on September 23, 2015, 09:35:36 AM
I tried logging in recently to look for the latest Total Realism Project for HOI3.  I couldn't login either and without a login you can't view tech support or mod forums.  Seems related to some kind of forum upgrade they did in last 6 months?  I created a new account but when I tried to register my games, it said I had to login to my Steam account.  I do not plan to ever have a steam account and this just screws the buyers of their older games.  I hate Paradox.

Just curious....why no Steam account ever?
I may be exagerating a little but I don't want to support online DRM in any form.  I realize that Paradox claims they don't use DRM.  I have asked a couple times in EU4 threads if anyone has tried archiving the game and then copying it back onto the hard drive and were still able to play but no one has responded.  I am afraid that it may still require some kind of Steam presence to get the registry info correct.  Sorry to derail the thread. 
Title: Re: Paradox forums
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 23, 2015, 12:47:21 PM
Quote from: Bison on September 23, 2015, 11:15:33 AM
I'm going with curmudgeon.
lol!  :2funny:

...although his explanation above is respectable...misguided, but respectable.
Title: Re: Paradox forums
Post by: bobarossa on September 23, 2015, 02:17:44 PM
Quote from: Bison on September 23, 2015, 11:15:33 AM
I'm going with curmudgeon.

That seems to be genetically encoded to rear its ugly head as you approach 60.  I've decided to stop fighting it. 
Title: Re: Paradox forums
Post by: Gusington on September 23, 2015, 05:44:59 PM
^Me too. And I'm 41:)
Title: Re: Paradox forums
Post by: Nefaro on September 23, 2015, 06:43:02 PM
Quote from: bobarossa on September 23, 2015, 12:20:22 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 23, 2015, 10:47:56 AM

Just curious....why no Steam account ever?
I may be exagerating a little but I don't want to support online DRM in any form.  I realize that Paradox claims they don't use DRM.  I have asked a couple times in EU4 threads if anyone has tried archiving the game and then copying it back onto the hard drive and were still able to play but no one has responded.  I am afraid that it may still require some kind of Steam presence to get the registry info correct.  Sorry to derail the thread.

Used to be able to do so with CK2 shortly after it's initial release.  But a short time afterward, Paradox went full-on Steam hosting and dropped support for everything else.  I'd be surprised if you could still play the game separately from the Steam client now that it's so embedded.