GrogHeads Forum

Welcome => Welcome Aboard! => Topic started by: avrotim on September 30, 2015, 07:02:54 PM

Title: Hi
Post by: avrotim on September 30, 2015, 07:02:54 PM
Greetings from rainy Winnipeg! 

I'm Tim and I just started listening to the Grogcast.  I've been wargaming since 1978 and contributing to the hobby with graphic design since around 2005.  My fav. game is probably the 4th edition of Russian Campaign. My first wargame was the old SPI game "CA".  I don't have much time these days for actually playing but I am hoping to carve out more time in the near future. Forward!
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 30, 2015, 07:23:03 PM
Howdy!  We've got other Pegs from Winni around here somewhere...  :)
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: Staggerwing on September 30, 2015, 07:26:07 PM
Welcome Tim! lotsa fun to be had around here!

I may be going out on a limb but I'm guessing that if I say 'Iroquois' you would respond with 'Orenda'. ;)

Title: Re: Hi
Post by: bbmike on September 30, 2015, 08:18:04 PM
Hello, avrotim! Welcome to Grogheads! I worked in Winnipeg once. Nice place.
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: avrotim on September 30, 2015, 08:32:27 PM
Don't get me started on the Avro Arrow...I'll be typing all night!
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: MetalDog on September 30, 2015, 09:31:18 PM
Welcome, avrotim!  Glad to have you with us.  The Grogcasts gets a little loosey goosey sometimes.  Hope you don't hold that against us ;)
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: avrotim on September 30, 2015, 09:35:56 PM
hmmm...my uptight Canadian attitudes must proceed me!
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: Wes on September 30, 2015, 09:37:16 PM
Hi Tim.

Rainy Winnipeg? I always think of two things - snow and Guy Maddin (big fan) - Welcome aboard!
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: Bison on September 30, 2015, 09:51:24 PM
I went to the mint in Winnipeg, but frankly the RCMP training facility in Regina was more interesting and of course there is a much better play on word with Regina than Winnipeg.  Although I am happy they got the Jets back so I guess there's that too.

Oh and welcome.
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: Sir Slash on September 30, 2015, 10:04:06 PM
Welcome to the Grogs Tim. I've never been to Winnipeg but I once Pegged a girl named Winnie. Does that count? Happy to have you amongst us.
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: Bison on September 30, 2015, 10:14:32 PM
What the hell Slash did you meet her at the Piggly  Wiggly or the Winn-Dixie?
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: MetalDog on September 30, 2015, 11:07:36 PM
Silly, Bison.  It was in Publix.
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 01, 2015, 05:39:39 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 30, 2015, 11:07:36 PM
Silly, Bison.  It was in Publix.

Bison hasn't been far enough South to know what Publix is...
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: MetalDog on October 01, 2015, 05:41:25 AM
That explains it then :)
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: undercovergeek on October 01, 2015, 05:56:53 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 01, 2015, 05:39:39 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 30, 2015, 11:07:36 PM
Silly, Bison.  It was in Publix.

Bison hasn't been far enough South to know what Publix is...

South or 'south'
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: Bison on October 01, 2015, 08:08:53 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 01, 2015, 05:39:39 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 30, 2015, 11:07:36 PM
Silly, Bison.  It was in Publix.

Bison hasn't been far enough South to know what Publix is...

What are we talking about here?  Foreplay? 
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: mirth on October 01, 2015, 08:10:17 AM
Welcome aboard!
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 01, 2015, 08:22:46 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 01, 2015, 05:56:53 AMSouth or 'south'

Capitalized.  Always capitalized.

"north", "east", and "west" are just directions.
"South" is a place.
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: Sir Slash on October 01, 2015, 09:15:43 AM
Yes, it was Pubics... I mean Publix. She was selling Roasted Weiners and I thought she meant Weiners Roasted. My fault. Here in Fla. we say, "Put a little South in your mouth" but we mean south not South.
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: avrotim on October 01, 2015, 09:27:12 AM
We don't have that problem, being North of North Dakota.
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: bob48 on October 01, 2015, 12:27:47 PM
Welcome.
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: Barthheart on October 01, 2015, 12:51:22 PM
Hey Tim!

I lived in Winterpeg from 1976-1980. Saint Vital area.

Welcome to our little corner of craziness and gaming.
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: undercovergeek on October 01, 2015, 12:52:06 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 01, 2015, 08:22:46 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 01, 2015, 05:56:53 AMSouth or 'south'
"South" is a place.

it is where im from

AKA 'downstairs'
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: Staggerwing on October 01, 2015, 06:03:27 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 01, 2015, 12:52:06 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 01, 2015, 08:22:46 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 01, 2015, 05:56:53 AMSouth or 'south'
"South" is a place.

it is where im from

AKA 'downstairs'

Hel, even I figured that one out.
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: Arctic Blast on October 02, 2015, 12:13:56 AM
Welcome aboard, tim! Haven't been to Winnipeg since my sister moved away from there years ago. All that I remember was that the airport was a dingy, cave-like hellhole. That's about it.  ;D
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: bob48 on March 05, 2016, 02:24:36 PM
I have a feeling he's trying to tell us something.
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: Steelgrave on March 05, 2016, 03:17:15 PM
Quote from: bob48 on March 05, 2016, 02:24:36 PM
I have a feeling he's trying to tell us something.

I told him something...."Nyet"!
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: bob48 on March 05, 2016, 03:19:24 PM
and 'for you, the war is over'?
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: Steelgrave on March 05, 2016, 03:24:55 PM
Quote from: bob48 on March 05, 2016, 03:19:24 PM
and 'for you, the war is over'?

Never! I'm the eternal frickin' warrior when it comes to spam, brother bawb  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Hi
Post by: bob48 on March 05, 2016, 03:26:31 PM
Sir, I salute you.