Woke up this morning with this song stuck in my head. Don't know why. Hope it's stuck in yours now.
Wrapping up another Civ IV BtS mp. I've taken my entire continent from Tokugawa and now it's time to expand to other lands. Mansa Musa and Charlemagne are next. Lots of football and maybe even some lawn mowing will go along with it.
A Bed of Nails, springs to my mind.
I'm playing Heroes of Normandie, no surprise there, but Im only playing HoN, so that tells a story
ill be looking at the WitP AE PBEMS when KyzBP gets a chance to send his turn
i have a fledgling game of HoN with Cyrano just starting
some MGS V
some ARMA III KotH
and i have a new purchase note burning a hole in my pocket - this will be Grand Ages Medieval or Blood Bowl 2 with a heavy lean to BB2 at the moment
I have family in town so less gaming than usual. However, if I can I play on getting in some ARMA 3 KotH. I also picked up a fun little game last week on Steam called Winter Games Trilogy or something to that effect. It's a winter olympics sports game. So I'll certainly be doing some bobsled runs this weekend! Finally, I'd like to start learning SABOW.
ASL with my gaming buddy on Sunday (new scenario - I need to plan my setup tonight or tomorrow). Working on an update for Blood Bowl VASSAL and have a new pbem of it starting up. Almost forgot, finish getting my butt kicked by Charlie Kibler in CM:RT (pbem). Biggest project though is working on some graphics for a new game that will be coming out down the pipeline (boardgame) but I'll wait for official announcements are made before I divulge too much (hint: Mad Russian is involved).
Quote from: GJK on October 02, 2015, 06:56:45 AM
...
Biggest project though is working on some graphics for a new game that will be coming out down the pipeline (boardgame) but I'll wait for official announcements are made before I divulge too much (hint: Mad Russian is involved).
Is this the official announcement you're talking about?
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/what-is-fire-team-red-eclipse.2057/
If so I can't wait to see what you do with it. O0
I'll be finishing off some VASSAL work
Also continuing getting my butt handed to me by Cyrano in Heroes of Normandie PEBM++. Anyone else want a MP game of this? UCG? Gameleaper?
Also more Wing leader with SDR.
Also need to get back to my CKII campaign in 900's Kingdom of Leon.
And of course there is the continuing saga for yardwork in prepping fer winter.... :P
I move my gaze from World of Tanks (back) to War Thunder as I do get tired of the "hit point," sort of thing WoT has as part of its overall gaming damage model - yet I insist that this same approach works with the ships in World of Warships as they are flipping huge and are the end product of 200-300ish years of hot ship-on-ship action. Suckers are made to take a punch or two and keep going.
Amusingly enough, this happens every single time I get my WoT on for more than a few weeks; I get tired of just "plinking," away at enemy tanks' HP and want to see more concrete evidence of successful hits rather than some dude say, **"critical hit!"
Plus, running in Simulator mode with no vehicle markers visible and only binocs and the ol' Mk. I eyeball to catch what is going on around you is the only way to play.
** - I actually run with the Minions' voices soundpack on so a good hit just consists of a maniacal minion giggle usually.
A very Heroic weekend for me, split between Normandie and Might & Magic VII.
Re your video - several years back we were on a flight with Alice Cooper (he was on his way to a golf tournament, but there was no mistaking who it was as we walked through first class and on back to the peasant section), on a Friday the 13th, no less. Amazingly we lived to tell the tale.
I plan on spending some time with DCS World 1.5 beta and the L-39C Albatross. I'll probably also play some Angels Fall First, SABOW and probably hit some MGSV. I've finally started playing other things!
Will be finalizing my new rig set up thanks to help from Toonces and Bison (hard drives are set up in reverse basically). Once that's done and I am home from Guadd drill and a buddy's memorial, I hope to finally get game time in with the new rig. I'll be starting out with Dragon Age - Inquisition...can't wait to see how that plays on this new machine. Then I'll install Grand Ages - Medieval...hope I can wrap my brain around that. Then maybe some Pillars of Eternity and perhaps Mad Max soon. And of course something really scary as it is now October...not sure what yet.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 02, 2015, 08:41:38 AM
.... I've finally started laying other things!
Yer wife is probably happy about that! :D
Quote from: Barthheart on October 02, 2015, 08:47:10 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 02, 2015, 08:41:38 AM
.... I've finally started laying other things!
Yer wife is probably happy about that! :D
Crap...a 'p' really can make a big difference.
Pillars of Eternity. Although I do see Sword of the Stars complete is on sale on Steam for $2.50, so now is an excellent time to replace a great game I lost when Impulse when defunct.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 02, 2015, 08:41:38 AM
I plan on spending some time with DCS World 1.5 beta and the L-39C Albatross. I'll probably also play some Angels Fall First, SABOW and probably hit some MGSV. I've finally started playing other things!
I may do some DCS world and probably: XCOM:EU, CS Middle East and Wing Leader.
Rome 2. Where the Roman armies will cross the landbridge into Asia for the first time. But more epically, will introduce Latrines to Gaul. A real challenge as they're real slow learners there. But Gus is right, October is for scary stuff so I picked the perfect time to do the Heritage Hill quest in POE and now am up to my helmet top in un-dead. Very nice.
HoN PBEMs with Vance, UCG, and anybody else I can scare up.
Campaign Waterloo PBEM with Doug...night has fallen on the first day...rain really can start annnny time now.
Likely some CS:ME with Doug as his Wehrmacht boys finally did get over the Dyle and earn a hard-fought minor victory.
The NOT Bayonet Games Warfighter second wave shows up at my dacha tomorrow so I'll certainly poke into the trove of treasures.
Lots of rules reading what as I got Churchill for my birthday and have yet to even try "Wing Leader".
Two more Rocky Horror: Live shows (tonight and tomorrow) ending first weekend of a five weekend run...yeah, I thought THAT was a good plan.
Roll on Weekend!!
Saw the thread name, knew what the song would be, now its stuck in my head :) . Let's see what's on tap, outside fall clean up, board games with my daughter, CSME, and football. Maybe some heroes of Normandy since I bought that yesterday.
Quote from: MetalDog on October 02, 2015, 06:04:58 AM
Woke up this morning with this song stuck in my head. Don't know why. Hope it's stuck in yours now.
Wrapping up another Civ IV BtS mp. I've taken my entire continent from Tokugawa and now it's time to expand to other lands. Mansa Musa and Charlemagne are next. Lots of football and maybe even some lawn mowing will go along with it.
It is stuck and thanks........
Introduced my 15 year younger wife to Alice and she loves him, ditto for Rush and Thin Lizzy as well. The albums he made with the original lineup were magnificent.
Having finished Arkham: Blackgate earlier this week, I fired up the next story in the 'career', Arkham: Asylum last night. I don't suppose I've played this before on the PC -- I was deeply amused and surprised to see all the graphical bling which destroys the framerate for Knight, even on moderately uber machines like mine, running fully activated on my machine without any problems! Asylum never looked so good, volumetric smoke and dynamic floor debris and everything, and I've played it often enough to suspect there's also extra color audio on a regular basis compared to the PS3 version. Probably finished the first third easy last night, up near when Scarecrow makes his first appearance. It helps that I'm not going far out of my way to collect all the Riddler nonsense, since I already know from long experience it provides nothing but some extra experience for unlocking tech earlier. But the gameplay is like a warm, soft blanket... :smitten: (Well, set in a Halloweenish haunted-houseian island fortress anyway.) I had forgotten how much more useful the sonar-vision is in this first-produced game, for seeing in the dark and so for seeing in normal lighting, too. Afterward the designers made the sonar/detective vision almost useless for seeing general environment details, so that players would be less tempted to play the whole game that way.
Blackgate, by contrast... well, I already remembered it being by far the weakest of the five Batman: Arkham games and that impression was only reinforced, despite it looking super-snazzy on my monster PC. Its storyline, though sufficient, is the weakest; and by the nature of being a Metroidvania 2.5D platform brawler it is by far the most needlessly backtracky of all the games -- a factor I was especially sensitive about after quitting most of the way through Metal Gear Solid 1: Inignorance :buck2: and just watching the final hour of cinematics instead. Also, I had forgotten just how partially successful its attempt was, at porting Arkham gameplay into a platformer. Many abilities were naturally missing, and the combat was paradoxically harder for being more simplified and restricted, and I often died or failed just from the inputs not reading correctly when I needed them to. :tickedoff:
Also, as I will repeat whenever I think of this game until they day I die, the cutscene art is DREADFUL! -- utterly, insultingly unflattering for every character (except maybe Rick Flagg), and not in any attempt at being realistic either. The worst offender being Catwoman drawn and 'lit' as though her costume has no material in the lower ass. :o ??? The actual game art looks fine, and up to par considering the handheld-console origin. It's the cutscene art that seems like a hateful practical joke at the expense of the players, fans, and/or main game developers.
But hey, the voice acting was still up to par as I remembered, and it was fun hearing some DCAU alumni reprising their roles (even if Conroy and Hamill opted out until later for Knight). Also, I had forgotten some of the DC Universe shout-outs in this game which don't show up anywhere else: the Superman villain Toyman existed in the Arkham games, but was apparently killed by accident while being forced to help Waller setting up the Suicide Squad, this being the explosion that wrecked the prison and allowed the other supervillains an opportunity to strike. That's some admirably deep incidental trivia plotting! :smitten:
No doubt this weekend I'll be smashing through Asylum again, and then because the Arkham games spoil me for true stealth-action game design, I'll probably not be playing MGS 2 and 3 but only watching some cutscene compilations instead. Eventually. More likely I'll start on City for a final playthrough.
Think I'll spend some time with Ageod's Civil War II this weekend -- the video tutorial Slick Wilhelm posted in another thread has rekindled my interest in this...
Majority of my time this weekend is going to be spent recording my first Cities: Skyline Let's Play for my YouTube Channel.
Tomorrow morning is my weekly CMANO stream where I'm going to be continuing work on my next US/UK vs EU scenario. AT some point this weekend I'll also be working on another scenario, this one about hypothetical soviet battleships and battlecruisers trying to run the GUIK gap in the late 40s, with the player controlling a mix allied force of battleships and escorts and not mass carrier and land based air power.
I'll also be playing my brand new Tirpitz battleship in World of Warships. I got 7 days of premium time when I purchased it and I want to get the most out of it that I can.
Time allowing I might jump back into my Crusader Kings 2 Kingdom of Burgundy campaign, but I doubt it.
It's going to be Ageod's Civil War II, and some World of Tanks and World of Warships.
And, I'll be continuing to watch the Civil War II video by Spink Akron on YouTube. I'm on episode 20 of 60.
I'll be going dancing, nightly, in the attic. While the moon is rising in the sky.
O0
Edit:
There was a specific old vid with an intro I thought was pretty funny. It seemed like an actual music video, of Million Dollar Babies IIRC, starting with Cooper yelling at some due about "WTF is this?! We want OUR stage! OUR STAGE!". Was pretty funny IMO.
Heroes of Normandie and some CW2 "Let's Learn" videos noted by Slick that hopefully lead to actually playing the game.
Glad you liked the song, fellas! Alice is on the Dan LeBatard show every Friday around 12:30 p.m. EST. He's got AWESOME stories to tell! He told one a couple of weeks ago about how he almost killed Elvis in 1970. Alice was in Vegas when one of the Memphis Mafia came up to him and said that Elvis wanted to see him. So, Alice takes the elevator, along with Chubby Checker and Linda Lovelace, and goes up to see the King. While he's up there, Elvis tells Alice to grab a handgun and Elvis will show Alice how to disarm someone holding a gun. Now, I don't remember if the gun went off, or if Alice was just really nervous about fooling around with a loaded gun pointed at Elvis, but, everyone got out alive. After that, Chubby and Alice went back downstairs. Linda did not.
Ooh tell me more about Heritage Hill in PoE...
I want to hear more about Linda Lovelace. I went to Graceland with an old girlfriend once years ago. Great place to visit but Memphis can be a scary Mother. Heritage Hill on the other hand is delightful if want to work off some rage kills of POE's undead types. Familiar story about missing guards and people eating each other but decent loot and the fights scale up quickly. I haven't finished it yet and so can't say for sure if there's a twist to ending or just more killing but this game can be unpredictable in it's quests so who knows.... Maybe Elvis will show-up again.
Quote from: Barthheart on October 02, 2015, 07:13:56 AM
Quote from: GJK on October 02, 2015, 06:56:45 AM
...
Biggest project though is working on some graphics for a new game that will be coming out down the pipeline (boardgame) but I'll wait for official announcements are made before I divulge too much (hint: Mad Russian is involved).
Is this the official announcement you're talking about?
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/what-is-fire-team-red-eclipse.2057/
If so I can't wait to see what you do with it. O0
I'll be finishing off some VASSAL work
Also continuing getting my butt handed to me by Cyrano in Heroes of Normandie PEBM++. Anyone else want a MP game of this? UCG? Gameleaper?
Also more Wing leader with SDR.
Also need to get back to my CKII campaign in 900's Kingdom of Leon.
And of course there is the continuing saga for yardwork in prepping fer winter.... :P
Sorry but I don't play Multiplayer games, I just don't like it! but thanks for asking :)
Installing PoE now. Is Heritage Hill an early quest that won't slaughter me immediately?
Quote from: Gusington on October 03, 2015, 08:24:45 AM
Installing PoE now. Is Heritage Hill an early quest that won't slaughter me immediately?
the world waits for your Grand Ages thoughts
And POE thoughts. No, Heritage Hill is in the game's big city of Defiance Bay which is quite a ways away from where you start. If you stay with it, you can make it for Halloween though. ;D
Sounds great...how are the cities in PoE? I am sick of RPG cities that really aren't cities.
Very similar to BG's cities actually but look prettier. But no Minsc and Boo :'( If you're new to the game Gus, I'll give you only 2 pieces of advice. 1: Save often. Especially early on. 2. Use the Tab key often as some containers are very small and easy to miss with the mouse.
I got thoroughly thrashed in Readac's castle tonight in the last battle. I'm going to need to return to town to buy some camping materials and rethink my strategy. Brutal fight.
Back from one week in Italy with my Stepparents, my wife and the 3 kids...Parma, Rome and Pisa. Managed to play a full game of CIV 4 and a good part of an Armada 2526 campaign on my netbook. I want to continue Grand Ages Medieval (even though i might have to restart the campaign because of my huge debts (in the game)....
Well! It's an embarrassment of riches this weekend!
Borderlands 2 - I had Borderlands on the xbox but didn't get on with it, but loved the idea. So when I saw Borderlands 2 Goatee edition for sale this week I couldn't resist. They claim not to support AMD but it runs smooth as a baby's arse on my PC. It's a fantastic Linux port courtesy of Aspyr software. Really enjoying it so far.
Wasteland 2 - this has been on my wishlist for ages and a friend of mine generously gifted it to me a few days ago. I'm not a huge fan of post-apoc but I'm a massive sucker for turn-based tactical, and it's an extremely well crafted game to boot. I've played an hour or so but I might stop, because the director's cut is coming very soon and will render saves useless.
From the Depths - I can't really get my head around how this game works yet but I'm trying! I've managed to make a boat that moves, at least. When I say boat I really mean plank of wood with an engine.
Shroud of the Avatar - another game in which I have no idea what I'm doing, so I tend to spend my time hanging around one of the city centres making fun of the players who happen by. Most of them ignore me but I get the occasional hilarious reaction.
Europa Universalis 4 - yeah, I finally bought it. This is despite the fact that I have put many hours into CK2 and still have no idea how it works; apparently some part of me thinks I will, nevertheless, magically happen not to have any problem with EU4. I got through the camera control tutorial OK!
Sins of a Solar Empire - I just keep coming back to this (thank christ it works flawlessly in WINE). In terms of sheer playtime this has to be my top game of all time. It's as perfect a game as I'll ever see.
I love SoSE too. I really need to revisit it at some point, but I picked up Sword of the Stars for $2 on Steam. So I need to play a campaign or three of that before I move onto another 4X space game.
Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 04, 2015, 07:30:41 AM
Wasteland 2 - this has been on my wishlist for ages and a friend of mine generously gifted it to me a few days ago. I'm not a huge fan of post-apoc but I'm a massive sucker for turn-based tactical, and it's an extremely well crafted game to boot. I've played an hour or so but I might stop, because the director's cut is coming very soon and will render saves useless.
Dammit!
I was going to continue my Wastelands 2 campaign this week. But if there's more content and/or upgrades coming soon, I'm not so sure now.
Quote from: Nefaro on October 04, 2015, 04:01:00 PM
Dammit!
I was going to continue my Wastelands 2 campaign this week. But if there's more content and/or upgrades coming soon, I'm not so sure now.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Nef! Either disable updates for the game or start again when it hits - due October 13th and free for all current owners of the game.
QuoteWill save files or characters transfer over from the original game?
No. The number of changes to the game in the Director's Cut means it's more or less impossible for us to guarantee compatibility. Save file formats have changed on a technical level and old saves may not be read correctly in the Director's Cut, and the gameplay changes mean that characters made on the old version of the game would not play well in the Director's Cut.
I'm not going to play until then, I think. From the FAQ it sounds like they've made shitloads of changes which I'd rather experience new than have to get used to.
Tonight I'm playing reinstall windows because microsoft hates me. PC was running fine when I left on vacation but since I got back I started getting some invalid registry errors with some of the windows apps. Started with the photo app then started to get random windows lockups. Did some google searching and the only answer I could find other then some the usual windows error fixes was to reinstall...
Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 04, 2015, 05:40:20 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 04, 2015, 04:01:00 PM
Dammit!
I was going to continue my Wastelands 2 campaign this week. But if there's more content and/or upgrades coming soon, I'm not so sure now.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Nef! Either disable updates for the game or start again when it hits - due October 13th and free for all current owners of the game.
QuoteWill save files or characters transfer over from the original game?
No. The number of changes to the game in the Director's Cut means it's more or less impossible for us to guarantee compatibility. Save file formats have changed on a technical level and old saves may not be read correctly in the Director's Cut, and the gameplay changes mean that characters made on the old version of the game would not play well in the Director's Cut.
I'm not going to play until then, I think. From the FAQ it sounds like they've made shitloads of changes which I'd rather experience new than have to get used to.
Glad this got posted. I was thinking of starting a new game as I never got all that deep into it the first time. I'll wait for the update before starting. Thanks...!
I didn't get in very much gaming. Of note, though, was that I finally got around to playing some Frozen Cortex, which one of you Grogheads gifted me quite a while back.
Pretty fun game, and very short matches. The music is pretty killer. Definitely just what I was looking for tonight! O0
It's hard, though. I guess I do need to watch the tutorials because the AI is spanking me like I owe it money.
Got some PoE in Friday (Got the Stronghold - Woot)
Besides that not much - Binding of Issac run that ended in death much as it usually does.
Totally not what I expected, although I did play a good amount of DCS v1.5, testing out my modules. I'm definitely looking forward to 2.0 and the Nevada map.
Otherwise, I played some elite dangerous and dragon age inquisition. I had put DA away long ago because it just didn't grab me. I had only played for about an hour total. However, it seems like I stopped moments before the inquisition was formed which is really where the game begins. Within minutes of picking it back up, I was off on my first mission and enjoying the game world. I can't say I love the combat, but I'll stick with it for awhile and see where it goes.
In ED, I had my most lucrative mission ever. A single delivery mission netted me 645,000 credits! A few more missions like that and a fancy ship won't be out of the question.
Quote from: Kushan on October 04, 2015, 06:00:45 PM
Tonight I'm playing reinstall windows because microsoft hates me. PC was running fine when I left on vacation but since I got back I started getting some invalid registry errors with some of the windows apps. Started with the photo app then started to get random windows lockups. Did some google searching and the only answer I could find other then some the usual windows error fixes was to reinstall...
If it's not too late, I'd check the event viewer to see if the HDD is reporting any issues. Sudden "Microsoft moments" that start happening when nothing else has changed (hardware/software additions) could indicate that Windows has some key files in a sector that is no longer stable. Hate to see you go through a full reinstall only to find that the drive is about to fail.
Finally started to play as the Russians in the campaign for Distant Guns. Lost two cruisers sunk during the sneak attack on Port Arthur.
OK. POE's spooky Heritage Hill quest isn't that spooky. I wanted a Zombie Apocalypse kind of thing and all I got was an empty section of town and a couple of moderately spooky houses to explore. Along with some very tough fights. One section I couldn't get to so maybe there'll be more spooky later. Guess I got to go back to Skyrim if I want to be really up to my butt in Halloween spooky.
And just for the record Bison, there's a way to complete the Readric's Hold quest without fighting him and his army. Look to the dialog choices. There's not really a Good Guy/ Bad Guy solution.
Far be it for me to suggest a game, but Dragon Age - Inquisition has sone really well done creepy locatiions...
Quote from: Gusington on October 05, 2015, 11:12:08 AM
Far be it for me to suggest a game, but Dragon Age - Inquisition has sone really well done creepy locatiions...
I'm struggling with the combat. Whats the trick?
It's not easy...but practice did make me better. The lore drew me in and made me interested enough to log in enough hours tosurvive on normal difficulty. On boss fights, which are almost always tough, don't be afraid to knock down the difficulty a notch.
Once proficient at the combat I started to enjoy Dragon Age - Inquisition more than Skyrim. And I love Skyrim.
Continued my PBEM games with Jim - the Waterloo game is at the end of the first day, and has so far been epic.
Really ended up spending most of my gaming time this weekend with solo Campaign Series Middle East, though. I had intended to finish up my OSG game of Tuegen-Hausen, but CSME just kept pulling me in. I've always loved the Campaign Series games, but the improvements in CSME really make it a joy to play.
Quote from: Nefaro on October 04, 2015, 04:01:00 PM
Dammit!
I was going to continue my Wastelands 2 campaign this week. But if there's more content and/or upgrades coming soon, I'm not so sure now.
Nef: the director's cut has been released as a separate game. There's apparently nothing stopping you continuing with your current game if that's what you want to do. :)