No, not that kind of cougar... ::)
https://www.facebook.com/DeerHuntersInWKywTnArea/posts/726532734113376
(https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/12119061_10206376938036230_4238966010357022473_n.jpg?oh=b0ac7d23808030cadfecb341b3dd38d9&oe=569A2F19)
This is definitely not the first official cougar sighting nearby in modern times -- a cougar was killed on the road up around Greenfield a few years ago, there were photos in the newspaper of the dead body. Mason Hall is about the same distance away from me, maybe closer depending on where the trail cam was set. Within 20 miles easy.
The screenshot below shows both Greenfield and Mason Hall in relation to Dyer.
Yeah, "that" kind of cougar never left!! ;)
Not the news I was hoping for. :(
Both good and bad news.
Glad to see the the mountain lions are thriving. But...they are consummate hunters - even of people.
Game is coming back all across the Eastern half of the USA. There is more forest (and deer) in New England now than there was in 1790.
Black bears have come back to my part of Alabama.
Cougars are all over the place out here. Had one show up at the provincial legislature earlier this week. Too bad they weren't in session.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/cougar-tranquillized-near-b-c-legislature-in-victoria-1.3256866 (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/cougar-tranquillized-near-b-c-legislature-in-victoria-1.3256866)
Here in Fla. too. The Florida Panther that was supposed to be almost extinct have been sighted by many private citizens though Wildlife Officers can't seem to find them anywhere. And we have a limited Black Bear hunt now in Fla. First time in forever. Along the coastal beaches where Sea Turtles have been nesting and can't be disturbed at all, Coyotes are now showing up on the islands and eating the turtles when they hatch. Maybe too much wildlife.
I'm this goes against all of my media indoctrination that humans are wiping all other species off the planet.
When I google West Tennessee Cougar this is what I get
(https://mgtvwkrn.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/marshagilliam.jpg?w=320)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages5.fanpop.com%2Fimage%2Fphotos%2F29800000%2FCougar-Town-promos-courteney-cox-29857420-1707-2560.jpg&hash=a46517758ff0772b924b9cedf31724f9339f2def)
^^ Sadly, not West TN.
Quote from: Con on October 07, 2015, 01:11:01 PM
When I google West Tennessee Cougar this is what I get
(https://mgtvwkrn.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/marshagilliam.jpg?w=320)
Tina Turner (West TN native) has indeed let herself go in recent decades.
Update: not only did TN Wildlife confirm the photo as genuine, but another (or the same one) was sighted a day or two later at Hornbeak, another five miles farther away.
Looks like some subset of Felis Nodentium Ancientis.