Because my daughter loves it, and the scene in The Losers makes me laugh everytime thats why MD - quit yer bitching
Its a busy weekend but i hope to turn around some PBEMs for WitP AE
the action is about to start in my HoN game with Cyrano
I will be buying and playing Blood Bowl 2 after watching some rugby and getting all worked up about it - need to punch some opposition
Maybe some ARMA III KotH and a smidge of MGS V, like Elite i fear MGS V may just be too massive and ill never see any real progress but im sticking with it - and maybe some Elite too - the urge to buy and sell some slaves is strong
Have a great weekend Grogs, dont stop believing!!! O0
I just looked at Squad Battles updates at HPSims "DienBienPhu" and have reinstalled it, I played a para drop scenario, its great!
I'm also going to be playing my personal best loved game of all time HoN
Picked up darkest dungeons on steam sale so looks like I'll be rpg'ing it this weekend (DD, PoE)
If I have time I might try to start my Nth CK2 game.
Our daughters sure know how to make us do some crazy things, 'geek! ;)
There WILL be Civ IV BtS mp this weekend! Along with mowing the lawn (weather permitting) and bathing the dog. And no, that's not a euphemism :)
Not really a computer game but this weekend I'll continue playtesting (finally!) a little project I've been working on for quite a while. I'll talk more about it soon but here's a teaser:
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fsample.jpg&hash=296f1a7cc771fba4c382fba12b8fa7ecb5f7f6e3)
:o
Are those Klingon BCs in Romulan service or is that a combined fleet? Who are the white counters?
Quote from: bbmike on October 09, 2015, 06:01:21 AM
Not really a computer game but this weekend I'll continue playtesting (finally!) a little project I've been working on for quite a while. I'll talk more about it soon but here's a teaser:
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fsample.jpg&hash=296f1a7cc771fba4c382fba12b8fa7ecb5f7f6e3)
that looks an interesting project on a computer screen
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 09, 2015, 06:07:20 AM
:o
Are those Klingon BCs in Romulan service or is that a combined fleet? Who are the white counters?
Those are all Romulan ships courtesy of the Treaty of Smarba (Y159). :P
The white counters are Gorn.
Quote from: gameleaper on October 09, 2015, 06:34:19 AM
that looks an interesting project on a computer screen
gameleaper, nothing fancy, just a big Vassal module. :)
Quote from: bbmike on October 09, 2015, 06:01:21 AM
Not really a computer game but this weekend I'll continue playtesting (finally!) a little project I've been working on for quite a while. I'll talk more about it soon but here's a teaser:
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fsample.jpg&hash=296f1a7cc771fba4c382fba12b8fa7ecb5f7f6e3)
Looking cool!
I am thinking about playing more of
Grand Ages Medieval (campaign and still haven't seen all there is to see) and
Horizon.
Quote from: bbmike on October 09, 2015, 06:52:33 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 09, 2015, 06:07:20 AM
:o
Are those Klingon BCs in Romulan service or is that a combined fleet? Who are the white counters?
Those are all Romulan ships courtesy of the Treaty of Smarba (Y159). :P
The white counters are Gorn.
Quote from: gameleaper on October 09, 2015, 06:34:19 AM
that looks an interesting project on a computer screen
gameleaper, nothing fancy, just a big Vassal module. :)
Federation and Empire! FTW!
That's in VASSAL? Is it the official module from Amarillo? Man if we could get a full war scenario going of that...... although I've only played the original version without all the add-ons.
Quote from: gameleaper on October 09, 2015, 06:34:19 AM
that looks an interesting project on a computer screen
gameleaper, nothing fancy, just a big Vassal module. :)
I really like it
Long weekend with Monday being Thanksgiving Day up here. :)
I've got the final couple of days of yardwork to do to prep the yard and deck fer winter.
Besides that:
There's some more VASSAL work to be done.
Some CKII to get back to.
Maybe finally crack open Cities: Skylines
Some Civ V with a new mod that gives yer units unique names.
And PBEM's of Wing Leader and Heroes of Normandie
Quote from: Barthheart on October 09, 2015, 07:01:14 AM
Federation and Empire! FTW!
That's in VASSAL? Is it the official module from Amarillo? Man if we could get a full war scenario going of that...... although I've only played the original version without all the add-ons.
So close! I'm calling it
Federation Space 2. It's a brand new creation loosely based on Lyran Space 2.0 (http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/92009/lyran-space-20) by Byron Henderson, which is a really nice print&play update of Federation Space. It is Vassal and should be playable multiplayer with a few edits once I finish testing.
Pillars of Eternity. I sort of feel like my weekend is complete already, since I just beat down Raedric and his mob of henchmen this morning.
Quote from: bbmike on October 09, 2015, 07:18:59 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 09, 2015, 07:01:14 AM
Federation and Empire! FTW!
That's in VASSAL? Is it the official module from Amarillo? Man if we could get a full war scenario going of that...... although I've only played the original version without all the add-ons.
So close! I'm calling it Federation Space 2. It's a brand new creation loosely based on Lyran Space 2.0 (http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/92009/lyran-space-20) by Byron Henderson, which is a really nice print&play update of Federation Space. It is Vassal and should be playable multiplayer with a few edits once I finish testing.
Very cool! O0
Looking forward to the finished product.
My schedule is much like MetalDog's; yard washing and dog mowing... ???
Other than that, and studying for an upcoming service test (and playing Rocksmith 2014), I've only got eyes for War Thunder, baby.
Finally accrued enough power to enter the DLC of Dragon Age Inquisition while Pillars of Eternity, Mad Max and Grand Ages Medieval all beckon, while gorging myself on season 5 of The Walking Dead in time for the season 6 debut!
So far it's been Star Wars: Battlefront (SWB). I will probably spend some more time with that tonight.
I'm feeling in the mood for something modern. Maybe more Op Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, ARMA 3, or SABOW...not sure yet.
MGSV Phantom Pain has sucked me into its strange universe big time. I'm not sure where the tipping point was between "this is pretty cool -- but want to play some other games too" and "can't...stop...playing...becoming...obsessed" -- but I've apparently crossed that threshold. The way this game opens up, in terms of new possibilities and mechanics, as you go along is pretty amazing -- and I'm only "14% complete".
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on October 09, 2015, 08:15:38 AM
My schedule is much like MetalDog's; yard washing and dog mowing... ???
Other than that, and studying for an upcoming service test (and playing Rocksmith 2014), I've only got eyes for War Thunder, baby.
Is that an Aerosmith song? "Washing the dog"?
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Flinesofcommand.com%2Fimages%2Fkneel.jpg&hash=780cdd6fcd531bb842d8158db310c0a8b4d9c0f4)
Quote from: Barthheart on October 09, 2015, 07:01:14 AM
Quote from: bbmike on October 09, 2015, 06:52:33 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 09, 2015, 06:07:20 AM
:o
Are those Klingon BCs in Romulan service or is that a combined fleet? Who are the white counters?
Those are all Romulan ships courtesy of the Treaty of Smarba (Y159). :P
The white counters are Gorn.
Quote from: gameleaper on October 09, 2015, 06:34:19 AM
that looks an interesting project on a computer screen
gameleaper, nothing fancy, just a big Vassal module. :)
Federation and Empire! FTW!
That's in VASSAL? Is it the official module from Amarillo? Man if we could get a full war scenario going of that...... although I've only played the original version without all the add-ons.
Me too. And this weekend I'll be playing a lot of DCS beta 1.5 -- which looks very good and it looks like the MIG21bis can carry a lot more missiles. But that could be a placebo effect of the beta.
DC Case Blue for me. I've got a real love/hate relationship going on with this game. It lets me win a little bit then bitch-slaps me back down. I get frustrated, then depressed, then angry and vow never to play it again. Then, I just go back to have a look at the map positions and see something that might work. And try it. And it does. And I get excited thinking I've won the war in Russia. And then..... you know how this ends. Right now I'm between bitch-slaps so I'm loving it. Post next bitch-slap will probably be POE just because it's so damned pretty.
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 09, 2015, 09:53:56 AM
DC Case Blue for me. I've got a real love/hate relationship going on with this game.
I know the feeling. Much as I love the game, the thing that drives me most crazy is the unbalanced air-war, which doesn't reflect reality. The swarming defense of the Soviet air force is infuriating, in summer '42 -- the Luftwaffe gets depleted by autumn. The German player *really* needs the LW trump card against the Red Hordes, at least in the first stages of Case Blue.
I hope DC3 solves this -- esp. since the VVS was a shambles by the early weeks of Barbarossa.
Quote from: PanzersEast on October 09, 2015, 09:21:51 AM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Flinesofcommand.com%2Fimages%2Fkneel.jpg&hash=780cdd6fcd531bb842d8158db310c0a8b4d9c0f4)
Is that...Bill Cosby...behind General Zod?!? :o
^Was thinking the same myself.
I'll be playing Heroes and Generals (great game btw), a little bit of the Star Wars: Battlefront Beta, Wargame Red Dragon, and whatever else I have time for.
Sunday though I plan on going to the Collings Foundation to view the "Battle for The Airfield" living history event! O0
http://www.collingsfoundation.org/event/battle-for-the-airfield-wwii-re-enactment-and-veteran-roundtable/
Playing Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl and enjoying the game very much.
Continuing the Distant Guns campaign as the Russians.
Played a little Alea Jacta Est, learning as I go (Ager Gallicus scenario) so far already. I got a minor victory, which didn't seem too bad though I was on the easiest AI level. I am also going to play my usual World of Warcraft, and I think maybe some Carriers at War. I like, not love, that game, but i want to at least give it more of a shot.
Quote from: bbmike on October 09, 2015, 07:18:59 AM
So close! I'm calling it Federation Space 2. It's a brand new creation loosely based on Lyran Space 2.0 (http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/92009/lyran-space-20) by Byron Henderson, which is a really nice print&play update of Federation Space. It is Vassal and should be playable multiplayer with a few edits once I finish testing.
Niiice!
I also thought it was
F&E at first, but going with an off-shoot of it's predecessor is more appealing since it's not quite so massive and rules heavy.
Had been wanting a campaign layer for generating
Fed/Klingon Commander battles without the need for using long-term table space. A vassal module like this would be absolutely perfect! Looking forward to seeing it.
CMANO for me if I can get some time away from incoming house guests. Hopefully I'll get back on track with my NF5 AAR as well!
Angels Fall First, DCS 1.5 and SABOW and maybe a modded SHV.
Yet more World Of Warships.
Eldritch Horror on the table, waiting to be set up. And continuing the Horror/Lovecraft focus... I may paint the other four Shadows Of Brimstone hero minis in preparation for an upcoming six-gun delve for dark stone and lootz.
I'm going to give Operation Torch and Civ BERT a try.
Also, with gameleaper's mention of Dien Bien Phu, it reminded me to toss out an FYI that The Centurions is finally, at long last, back in print and on Kindle. And The Praetorians will be coming out in June, I believe.
Played some World of Warships tonight. Streaming the Command Northern Inferno expansion tomorrow morning. Rest of the weekend will be more Command and WoWS, with some Cities Skyline and finally diving into War in the West and Operation Torch.
A lot of CSME, the last 4 scenarios i've played on the last move of the last turn the the AI has pushed me off and taken the VP causing all manner of defeat rankings....SOB :tickedoff: can't remember that ever happening to me before. revenge is a dish best served in the desert....wait that's not the right geeky star trek quote is it, it tasks me, it tasks me, and i shall have it,...man i'm digging this game. As a change of pace i was thinking of getting into the correctional industries since Prison Architect has been officially released or maybe another run through of "this war of mine"
Family is coming up for Thanksgiving, so probably not a lot of gaming for me...well, not on a screen, anyway. To the board games! :D
That and running children to exhaustion shall probably form the basis of my weekend. Apparently, my nephew wants to learn how to throw a football. He shall learn. At least, he'll learn as long as my shoulder (which has been cranky lately) doesn't decide to start making me wince again.
My oldest Grandaughter has discovered rainbows. So crayons and rainbow colors, in their correct order, have been taking up my time.
I had forgotten the absolute joy of Madden 08 on the PC. I picked up this EA Sports Collection 08 from Target or somewhere back in 2008 and I've only been playing Madden and Tiger Woods Golf since I got it. Anyway, I finally reinstalled Madden, dusted off my old controller, and now I'm leading the Cowboys to the Super Bowl from the 2007 season!
There is apparently quite the modding the community for Madden 08. I'm downloading some mods right now, but I haven't tried them yet. Frankly, for as long as I've been playing Madden, I'm pretty n00b at the potential of the software. I'm looking forward to making a more serious study of the game.
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!!!
To follow up on my previous post, I downloaded and installed the lastest mod for Madden 08 called Football Freaks XV that creates the teams/uniforms/stadiums/etc. for the 2014-2015 season. It has other things it mods, but since it's been so long since I played Madden it's hard for me to tell what is new and what is improved, beyond different player names. Google will turn it up pretty quickly- I got it at Footballidiot.com or something like that.
The game is a tiny bit temperamental. I've had two hard hang ups, one unmodded and one on my modded game. Both required a computer restart to get the program to close. What seems to cause it is hitting the ESC key while some of the cut scene stuff is going on; it could also be that I'm not selecting a controller before the game goes to live mode and so it's not recognizing my controller...it's hard to explain. But Task Manager wouldn't let me close it out, which sucked a bit.
I can't believe how much I missed this game. Totally stoked!
Finally entered the Deep Roads DLC for Dragon Age: Inquisition. It's excellent and on the new rig looks absolutely stellar. Tons of new loot, craftable armor and weapons, a healthy dose of subterranean enemies and a spooky, lore rich setting make this more than worth the price of admission and breathe extra new life into one of my already favorite RPG titles.
Quote from: MengJiao on October 09, 2015, 09:42:22 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 09, 2015, 07:01:14 AM
Quote from: bbmike on October 09, 2015, 06:52:33 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 09, 2015, 06:07:20 AM
:o
Are those Klingon BCs in Romulan service or is that a combined fleet? Who are the white counters?
Those are all Romulan ships courtesy of the Treaty of Smarba (Y159). :P
The white counters are Gorn.
Quote from: gameleaper on October 09, 2015, 06:34:19 AM
that looks an interesting project on a computer screen
gameleaper, nothing fancy, just a big Vassal module. :)
Federation and Empire! FTW!
That's in VASSAL? Is it the official module from Amarillo? Man if we could get a full war scenario going of that...... although I've only played the original version without all the add-ons.
Me too. And this weekend I'll be playing a lot of DCS beta 1.5 -- which looks very good and it looks like the MIG21bis can carry a lot more missiles. But that could be a placebo effect of the beta.
Back to the Mig21bis. After a few training missions, I find it easier to set up simple missions (for example -- start in the air where the default is all systems switched on)
and write up procedures for doing things from the manual. I can shoot rockets at ground targets!
JTS Waterloo and CSME with Jim. A bit of Flashpoint Campaigns. Nattering with Bawb. A fair amount of LNL Tactical System both on the computer and on the table.