GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JasonPratt on October 22, 2015, 12:47:59 PM

Title: WH40K Deathwatch released on PC
Post by: JasonPratt on October 22, 2015, 12:47:59 PM
Is this the Deathwatch game we thought was coming for the PC??  :( ???

It's an iOS port, dropped to Steam on October 16.



Note: no, I'm thinking of DEATHWING, which is also a Space Hulky game...
Title: Re: WH40K Deathwatch released on PC
Post by: JasonPratt on October 22, 2015, 01:04:23 PM
TB's summary: looks good for an iOS port, Marines themselves look superior than any 40K game so far; missing a lot of PC functionality; removing microtransactions actually hurts the game; dull, simple gameplay, would have stopped long before except he likes 40K.
Title: Re: WH40K Deathwatch released on PC
Post by: Arctic Blast on October 22, 2015, 02:16:00 PM
I bought it, played it for 35 minutes, and put in for (and received) a refund. The levels are just too small to be interesting. Everything boils down to 'shoot at this, shoot at this, overwatch' ad nauseam. The base concept is really good, but it result is incredibly dull and repetitive.
Title: Re: WH40K Deathwatch released on PC
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 22, 2015, 03:58:45 PM
This is not the Deathwing game on PC we have been posting about. This is a port of an outstanding ios game. If you go into the mobile subforum, you will find my thread praising it. That being said, I have not purchased it on PC because I feel like $22 is way too much for what it is.
Title: Re: WH40K Deathwatch released on PC
Post by: Nefaro on October 22, 2015, 04:56:49 PM
It obviously uses the same engine as their Warhammer Quest port.  Albeit with canned missions and less variety in general.   :-\

I would think Space Hulk: Ascension would fit the same bill, but better.
Title: Re: WH40K Deathwatch released on PC
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 22, 2015, 06:02:12 PM
The iOS game is extremely well made. Very high production and leveling up your marines and obtaining better war gear was very addictive. I've played much more deathwatch than ascension...fwiw.