GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Toonces on October 22, 2015, 06:50:43 PM

Title: Dirt Rally
Post by: Toonces on October 22, 2015, 06:50:43 PM
The only Groghead showing in my Steam friends list who owns this is JD.  Anyone, including JD, have any experience with the game to give it a thumbs up?  It looks pretty good and the feedback on Steam is pretty positive.  It's 33% off and since I don't have any rally racing games I'm thinking of jumping in.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310560/



Ah Bloody Hell I am going to have to get this- that looks fantastic!  And I'm pretty sure I saw a Subie in there at some point!   :smitten:
Title: Re: Dirt Rally
Post by: Toonces on October 22, 2015, 06:59:09 PM
Easiest Grogheads thread evar.  I just bought it and am installing now.  Should be good to go for tomorrow.  Bring on the Friday thread!  And the Scotch!  And the women!   >:D

I can't wait to throw that Subie around those winter tracks.  Man alive that looks like fun.   :buck2:
Title: Re: Dirt Rally
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 22, 2015, 07:37:46 PM
I have it.  It's good but very, very tough.  I don't have a wheel so I've been driving with my joystick.  The force feedback effects are great but joystick driving is not easy.
Title: Re: Dirt Rally
Post by: Gusington on October 22, 2015, 08:38:27 PM
That's a Subaru right there in the still shot of your video, BRAH.
Title: Re: Dirt Rally
Post by: Staggerwing on October 22, 2015, 08:49:05 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I think he figured it out already. :))

Title: Re: Dirt Rally
Post by: FlickJax on October 23, 2015, 03:49:48 AM
Oh heck, could have done without this but dont think i will be able to resist!!!!
Title: Re: Dirt Rally
Post by: Toonces on October 23, 2015, 05:15:17 PM
Man this game looks fantastic but it is really hard.  I was playing it with an Xbox-type controller and what a mess.  I'm going to have to hook up my wheel to give it a proper go.
Title: Re: Dirt Rally
Post by: FlickJax on October 24, 2015, 06:31:58 AM
same here, my wheel is about 15 years out of date though :)
Title: Re: Dirt Rally
Post by: Yskonyn on October 24, 2015, 08:30:08 AM
It's getting praise even on the more hardcore racing forums, so I guess it has a bright future. People are pretty surprised too that Codemasters now seem to be able to pull of a sim-like Rally game even. :)
Title: Re: Dirt Rally
Post by: Toonces on October 24, 2015, 03:34:30 PM
So I hooked up the wheel and gave this another go for about an hour today.  It is just stupidly hard.  The force feedback on my wheel was not working- not sure why- and without that it was almost unplayable even with my wheel.  I'm sure it's mostly user error but the car is just so loose on the track that it is impossible to drive well.  I had stability and traction assists cranked to 4 out of 5 (5=easiest) and it was still a beast to keep the car on the road.

Clearly I need a lot more practice, but for now I'm going to take a break.  Also, having the wheel hooked up is uber-disruptive so I kind of have to commit to a lot of driving before I hook it all up.  Maybe tomorrow or next weekend.