GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Grim.Reaper on October 28, 2015, 05:43:59 PM

Title: Football Manager 2016 - Beta Now available
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 28, 2015, 05:43:59 PM
Every year I think this is the year I'll actually play the game...most years I purchase it, look at it for a bit, and move on......I skipped last year, so I was at least strong then:)

But....I am feeling the powers drawing me back in again....although may wait for a reasonable sale since $50 is a little heavy for something I may rarely play.
Title: Re: Football Manager 2016 - Beta Now available
Post by: -budd- on October 28, 2015, 06:05:11 PM
O my God......that's Soccer, wasn't expecting that :)
Title: Re: Football Manager 2016 - Beta Now available
Post by: FlickJax on October 29, 2015, 03:50:36 AM
Quote from: -budd- on October 28, 2015, 06:05:11 PM
O my God......that's Soccer, wasn't expecting that :)

Sorry it is football, played with the foot. Unlike American Football played with the hand.

Don't get me wrong I like AF just wished it had been named a bit better :)
Title: Re: Football Manager 2016 - Beta Now available
Post by: KyzBP on October 29, 2015, 04:02:19 PM
I've started buying these only on the even years so come Christmas Sale I'll be adding this years version to my library.
Title: Re: Football Manager 2016 - Beta Now available
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 29, 2015, 06:22:09 PM
Seems like most people saying very modest changes, so I will likely hold off for now.
Title: Re: Football Manager 2016 - Beta Now available
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 12, 2015, 05:52:26 PM
Looks like tomorrow is official release day.....from what I can still gather, seems like people aren't really blown away compared to past versions.  Don't think I will pick up right away, look for a sale at some point and see if I can finally figure this game out.
Title: Re: Football Manager 2016 - Beta Now available
Post by: FlickJax on November 13, 2015, 09:41:57 AM
It has moved on a little from last years excellent version. Still a few niggles for me, too many players complaining for a start......
Title: Re: Football Manager 2016 - Beta Now available
Post by: Grim.Reaper on February 29, 2016, 08:59:13 PM
So thinking of finally picking up...but I hear a lot of people say the match engine is in bad shape....any football manager experts able to clarify what they mean?  If I only sim games, would this impact me?
Title: Re: Football Manager 2016 - Beta Now available
Post by: Nefaro on February 29, 2016, 10:14:23 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 29, 2016, 08:59:13 PM
So thinking of finally picking up...but I hear a lot of people say the match engine is in bad shape....any football manager experts able to clarify what they mean?  If I only sim games, would this impact me?

My problem with recent years' versions, and one I constantly read complaints about, is the excessively whiny players throwing tantrums and pestering you to trade them or get out of their contract.  Often just to be a randomized pain in the ass because these players end up making less & playing less somewhere else.  ::)  I suppose the devs just want to grief the player.

Many also don't like all the "pep talk" interludes during games, myself included.  I tend to turn that over to the AI to do, but there's no telling how that affects your players (probably not for the best).  There are also Media interviews which, as you can guess, are pretty useless and generic drivel.


To just not deal with the team talks & interviews, I'd play in "Classic" Mode where it doesn't have that bullshit.  But if I do an MLS career, it does not have the draft.  You just get some random AI-picked players dumped onto your roster.  :tickedoff:

I've not played this years' FM, nor much of the last.  From what I gathered from reviews, these problems are still very much the same as it's been for awhile.  Unchanged.
Title: Re: Football Manager 2016 - Beta Now available
Post by: FlickJax on March 01, 2016, 05:00:54 AM
I really like this version, my only issue is that as Nef says there are too many players moaning!!! it only happens occasionally in the real game and especially not in a team that is winning a lot.
Title: Re: Football Manager 2016 - Beta Now available
Post by: undercovergeek on March 01, 2016, 05:42:00 AM
'14 was my last version and i stopped because it was getting away from what i wanted to play

i was there from 1996 and for me it was all about building a team, building the tactics and uncovering hidden gems and buying massive galacticos when youd made it - the second it became half time team talks, contracts and player management off the field i lost the love
Title: Re: Football Manager 2016 - Beta Now available
Post by: Nefaro on March 01, 2016, 01:03:17 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 01, 2016, 05:42:00 AM

i was there from 1996 and for me it was all about building a team, building the tactics and uncovering hidden gems and buying massive galacticos when youd made it - the second it became half time team talks, contracts and player management off the field i lost the love

That's why I started playing "Classic" mode. 

But there was at least one facet missing from it, which detracted from playing the home team.  :-\ 

That said, I'd still heavily consider playing Classic mode to cut out all that other bullshit and make it more.... classic style.
Title: Re: Football Manager 2016 - Beta Now available
Post by: Grim.Reaper on March 01, 2016, 06:58:29 PM
Thanks for the additional feedback...just curious though, does anyone have comments for the match engine?  Just seems like every where I look people mention being disappointed...not sure if they are just being dramatic or whether any serious issues with it and what do they mean by it not being good.
Title: Re: Football Manager 2016 - Beta Now available
Post by: CptHowdy on March 01, 2016, 10:25:14 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 01, 2016, 06:58:29 PM
Thanks for the additional feedback...just curious though, does anyone have comments for the match engine?  Just seems like every where I look people mention being disappointed...not sure if they are just being dramatic or whether any serious issues with it and what do they mean by it not being good.

maybe disappointed because there isnt a magic plug n play tactic that dominates the game? maybe because the role a player is best at actually matters more now? im still on version 14 and havent read much about the last two iterations. i do watch youtubers playing fm16 and it seems there are a high number of goals scored from crosses and severe angles. to many goalies getting beat near post.
Title: Re: Football Manager 2016 - Beta Now available
Post by: Grim.Reaper on March 02, 2016, 07:00:36 PM
Quote from: CptHowdy on March 01, 2016, 10:25:14 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 01, 2016, 06:58:29 PM
Thanks for the additional feedback...just curious though, does anyone have comments for the match engine?  Just seems like every where I look people mention being disappointed...not sure if they are just being dramatic or whether any serious issues with it and what do they mean by it not being good.

maybe disappointed because there isnt a magic plug n play tactic that dominates the game? maybe because the role a player is best at actually matters more now? im still on version 14 and havent read much about the last two iterations. i do watch youtubers playing fm16 and it seems there are a high number of goals scored from crosses and severe angles. to many goalies getting beat near post.

That could be, not sure....I just want to make sure nothing too crazy before I invest time and money into this one...