GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: bayonetbrant on November 01, 2015, 10:38:01 AM

Title: Uses for a P-38
Post by: bayonetbrant on November 01, 2015, 10:38:01 AM
(https://img.bespokepost.com/homefront/p38newspaper.jpg)
Title: Re: Uses for a P-38
Post by: DoctorQuest on November 01, 2015, 12:39:09 PM
Fun.

I read the title and asked myself whether this is about the aircraft or the Walther pistol.

When i was a kid my mom got a hold of some surplus K-rations. I know those of you with military experience wouldn't think that's a big deal but as a kid it was sort of fun. I remember learning to use the P-38 to open the cans.

Good article. Thanks for sharing.
Title: Re: Uses for a P-38
Post by: Greybriar on November 01, 2015, 02:39:35 PM
I never would have dreamed there were so many uses for a P-38. I only used mine to open the cans in my C-rations. I kept mine for a souvenir.

Thanks for sharing.
Title: Re: Uses for a P-38
Post by: Centurion40 on November 02, 2015, 08:47:19 AM
I've misplaced all of mine over the years.  :(  Now I really want one!! I'll have to visit an army surplus store soon!
Title: Re: Uses for a P-38
Post by: bayonetbrant on November 02, 2015, 09:18:20 AM
You can also get them at many camping stores, and the local Boy Scout council store, too.
Title: Re: Uses for a P-38
Post by: Centurion40 on November 02, 2015, 09:25:08 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 02, 2015, 09:18:20 AM
You can also get them at many camping stores, and the local Boy Scout council store, too.

Woohoo!
Title: Re: Uses for a P-38
Post by: JasonPratt on November 02, 2015, 01:10:38 PM
Quote from: DoctorQuest on November 01, 2015, 12:39:09 PM
Fun.

I read the title and asked myself whether this is about the aircraft or the Walther pistol.

This +1.  8)