GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Grim.Reaper on November 03, 2015, 07:07:30 PM

Title: Roller coaster tycoon world and planet coaster
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 03, 2015, 07:07:30 PM
I know, I might be in the minority, but what the heck....I have always enjoyed running a theme park and noticed two new ones on the horizon.  Roller coaster tycoon had a beta last weekend and plan to release at end of December.  Planet coaster goes into beta next March which you can pay to get into.  Planet coaster really looks good but kind of far away.

Anyone play these type of games?  Anyone play the tycoon beta this past weekend with any impressions?  Seems like the steam forum largely didn't like it, but hard to trust them.

https://www.planetcoaster.com

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world/

Title: Re: Roller coaster tycoon world and planet coaster
Post by: Yskonyn on November 04, 2015, 03:16:47 AM
Planet Coaster is by Frontier. Same studio as Elite Dangerous and aparently they were also involved in earlier Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 game as wel as Zoo Tycoon and Thrillville.

The Rollercoaster World game is being made by a new studio as far as I know.

Interesting to see how both products will turn out for sure. I also liked my themepark building hours! :)
Title: Re: Roller coaster tycoon world and planet coaster
Post by: -budd- on November 04, 2015, 04:37:04 PM
I like a little theme park action. I still have RCT3 modded out installed on my machine. I've been keeping an eye on this one

http://store.steampowered.com/app/254590/   happens to be 34% off right now, its still in EA so i'm waiting a bit, its not like i don't have other things to play.

main site    http://www.themeparkstudio.com/main.html
Title: Re: Roller coaster tycoon world and planet coaster
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 05, 2015, 08:57:15 PM
Didn't know about this one...interesting
Title: Re: Roller coaster tycoon world and planet coaster
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 14, 2015, 07:17:36 PM
Looks like tycoon pushed back until sometime in 2016...guess betas didn't go as planned.