GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 06, 2015, 06:21:04 PM

Title: War Thunder 1.53 update: British ground forces
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 06, 2015, 06:21:04 PM
I haven't played for a while now but I think I'll jump back in and give the Brits a try.  The destructible terrain looks like it'll be fun as well.



Title: Re: War Thunder 1.53 update: British ground forces
Post by: W8taminute on November 06, 2015, 06:50:00 PM
Oh boy new toys to play with!
Title: Re: War Thunder 1.53 update: British ground forces
Post by: Nefaro on November 06, 2015, 08:31:58 PM
I read that the four Brit tanks are all Premiums.  They don't have the regular unlock tiers in yet.

I only do the aircraft side of WT anymore, so I don't know the finer details.
Title: Re: War Thunder 1.53 update: British ground forces
Post by: WallysWorld on November 06, 2015, 08:45:33 PM
Thanks for posting this. I haven't played it for a long time, but I'm updating now.
Title: Re: War Thunder 1.53 update: British ground forces
Post by: Nefaro on November 06, 2015, 08:49:24 PM
There was some other hubbub about their game engine being changed .. or modified.   ???
Title: Re: War Thunder 1.53 update: British ground forces
Post by: Dammit Carl! on November 06, 2015, 11:54:52 PM
Jingles made mention of some new features; most importantly the reducing/removal of the "low," graphics setting which allowed people to remove or reduce a lot of the foliage and thus, see other tanks better for that critical first shot.

I had no time to play around with this component, but as a person whose PC can't push the graphics envelope, I had to play with low settings in order to just have a framerate that was competitive.  Have to see how that is now, I guess.

Two maps have destructable buildings now (again, seen via Jingles' video) which just elevates War Thunder to all new "cool," levels for me. 

Pity about the very slow roll-out of British ground forces as only having 3 playable countries/factions was wearing a bit thin.  But, I guess they are trying.
Title: Re: War Thunder 1.53 update: British ground forces
Post by: Nefaro on November 07, 2015, 12:07:52 PM
Well... there is a full British aircraft line.  They even added the Hawker Hunter. *wink wink nod nod*


Although, if I'm flying without premium, I'll probably be doing Realistic Battles in P-51s, P-38s, Yaks, 109s, and Zeros.  Gains past ~BR5 are questionable without it.