GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Toonces on November 08, 2015, 11:31:36 AM

Title: SEOW- merging IL-2 and ARMA 2/Iron Front
Post by: Toonces on November 08, 2015, 11:31:36 AM
Yes, now you're going to lose even more hours of your life:



The video is worth watching and explains this better than I can.  I did some searching around and this is what I think this software does:

SEOW (Scorched Earth Online War?) is a persistent multiplayer campaign engine where opposing players can plan missions for their side on an operational map, and then import the map into IL-2 and fly the missions tactically.  It is designed to be played by at least two players, one on each side to control the operational moves. 

What this guy has done is incorporate a ground layer to the operational map that you can play in ARMA 2/Iron Front (IF).  You plan your moves in the operational map, export it into IF, and then you can play as an infantry guy, tanker, whatever.  Whatever losses/gains you get tactically are then exported back to the SEOW Operational map and the war continues. 

I watched the video and it is really cool.  I had hoped for SP only; not sure how that would work unless you played both strategic sides yourself.  Anyway, if you're like me and you have IF sitting unplayed in your Steam library this might be worth checking out.

On a completely separate note, this is something I'd love to do with some operational game like Carriers at War or even WitP, where when an airstrike is generated the mission could be exported to IL-2 and then back again. 

Edit:  More info on SEOW:  http://seowhq.net/seowforum/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=09559462244820eb29946f0bbba0dc7f
Title: Re: SEOW- merging IL-2 and ARMA 2/Iron Front
Post by: Yskonyn on November 08, 2015, 02:45:43 PM
Which IL-2 version is it for?
Title: Re: SEOW- merging IL-2 and ARMA 2/Iron Front
Post by: Toonces on November 08, 2015, 03:18:45 PM
"Scorched Earth Online War (SEOW) is a persistent coop campaign system for the IL-2 series of flight simulations, and is fully compliant with Daidalos Team patch 4.12.2 and with HSFX v7.x. "

http://seowhq.net/seowwiki-en/index.php?title=Main_Page
Title: Re: SEOW- merging IL-2 and ARMA 2/Iron Front
Post by: Staggerwing on November 08, 2015, 03:31:35 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on November 08, 2015, 02:45:43 PM
Which IL-2 version is it for?

The video mentions IL-2 1946. If others are also compatible I missed it.
Title: Re: SEOW- merging IL-2 and ARMA 2/Iron Front
Post by: Toonces on November 08, 2015, 07:22:34 PM
No, just IL-2 1946.  Sorry, I should have made that more clear right up front.
Title: Re: SEOW- merging IL-2 and ARMA 2/Iron Front
Post by: Skoop on November 09, 2015, 09:27:24 PM
This sounds intriguing.
Title: Re: SEOW- merging IL-2 and ARMA 2/Iron Front
Post by: jomni on November 11, 2015, 12:11:32 AM
There's something similar for Falcon 4 + Arma?
https://youtu.be/rpmuHNfE1UY