GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: Barthheart on May 18, 2012, 09:45:37 AM

Title: Solar Eclipse
Post by: Barthheart on May 18, 2012, 09:45:37 AM
This weekend! The further west you are the more eclipsed the sun will appear.

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/2012-may-20

Gotta find my welding goggles.... I'll only see a small partial ast dusk but it's still cool.

I got to experience a full eclipse when I was a kid in Winnipeg. Really cool event.  8)
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: Centurion40 on May 18, 2012, 09:53:15 AM
Thanks for the tip.

I still remember the one immortalized in song by Carly Simon.
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: LongBlade on May 18, 2012, 10:10:20 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on May 18, 2012, 09:53:15 AM
Thanks for the tip.

I still remember the one immortalized in song by Carly Simon.

You just think she wrote that song about you.
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: Centurion40 on May 18, 2012, 10:23:01 AM
Don't you?
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: LongBlade on May 18, 2012, 10:34:52 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on May 18, 2012, 10:23:01 AM
Don't you?

I *know* it was about me and my Lear Jet.
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: Centurion40 on May 18, 2012, 11:10:20 AM
Is that a euphemism?
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: LongBlade on May 18, 2012, 11:11:04 AM
Only in Nova Scotia.
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: son_of_montfort on May 18, 2012, 11:21:24 AM
We likely won't be able to see it.

But we will be able to see the Total Eclipse of the Heart.

Fun side note, Bonnie Tyler also sang this about 40Cent.
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: mirth on May 18, 2012, 11:23:23 AM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on May 18, 2012, 11:21:24 AM
We likely won't be able to see it.

Will it be obstructed by the clouds in my coffee?
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: Centurion40 on May 18, 2012, 12:57:11 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 18, 2012, 11:23:23 AM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on May 18, 2012, 11:21:24 AM
We likely won't be able to see it.

Will it be obstructed by the clouds in my coffee?

Well played mofo.
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: son_of_montfort on May 18, 2012, 01:18:12 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 18, 2012, 11:23:23 AM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on May 18, 2012, 11:21:24 AM
We likely won't be able to see it.

Will it be obstructed by the clouds in my coffee?


I walked right into that one, like I was walking onto a yacht.
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: LongBlade on May 18, 2012, 01:21:26 PM
And yet I get no credit for my Lear Jet in Nova Scotia.
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: Centurion40 on May 18, 2012, 01:22:43 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on May 18, 2012, 01:21:26 PM
And yet I get no credit for my Lear Jet in Nova Scotia.

I countered with a quip!  We were kibbitzing dammit!!
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: MIGMaster on May 19, 2012, 03:32:09 PM
40 Cent we really gotta bring these guys up to NS for a good 'ole tour..... the beautiful surroundings along with our charming wit would have them begging to stay  ;) Jar would feel right at home in Halifax with all the gunplay  ;D
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on May 19, 2012, 05:00:16 PM
Quote from: MIGMaster on May 19, 2012, 03:32:09 PM
40 Cent we really gotta bring these guys up to NS for a good 'ole tour..... the beautiful surroundings along with our charming wit would have them begging to stay  ;) Jar would feel right at home in Halifax with all the gunplay  ;D


Got a few good acres for me?
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: MIGMaster on May 19, 2012, 05:33:52 PM
Sure.....with woods or without ?
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on May 19, 2012, 08:46:30 PM
Without. No mosquitoes either.
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: Centurion40 on May 20, 2012, 10:05:59 PM
Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on May 19, 2012, 08:46:30 PM
Without. No mosquitoes either.

An, an aristocrat.  If you want land with no skeeters, you need to go underwater or downtown Halifax.
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: MikeGER on May 21, 2012, 01:10:59 AM
i'm so vain ...was only a ring-eclipse, no corona  ;)....except the beer maybe
Title: Re: Solar Eclipse
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on May 21, 2012, 01:52:11 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on May 20, 2012, 10:05:59 PM
Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on May 19, 2012, 08:46:30 PM
Without. No mosquitoes either.

An, an aristocrat.  If you want land with no skeeters, you need to go underwater or downtown Halifax.


Google earth shows many small lakes so I figured the skeeters must be by the cloud. Dragon flies are good.


Here I am very close to salt water which is blood sucker free. Of course you have a nice coast too.