GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on November 13, 2015, 07:06:11 AM

Title: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on November 13, 2015, 07:06:11 AM


Snagged some time off, yesterday and today.  So, it'll be games, chores and more games!  Already put in a big batch of Civ yesterday.  Today will be Madden 25 on the PS 3.  Going to finally start a career as the Pats or the Bucs or the Saints, not sure which.  There will be something else, too.  Either CkII or EUIV or something else.  Just not sure what yet :)  Enjoy fellas!
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Barthheart on November 13, 2015, 07:54:38 AM
Vassal work done fer an bit and preview written. so I get to actually play some games.

Wing Leader PBEM with SDR... alotta missing goin on.

Maybe some U-boat Leader on the table for a change...

Maybe squeeze the wallet and get the new FPC:RS expansion.  O0

Also some work on my car.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Dammit Carl! on November 13, 2015, 08:21:57 AM
Get stuff together for my Daughter's birthday is about it on the list.

No clue as to what I'll do gaming-wise, but zombies will be involved somehow.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: tgb on November 13, 2015, 08:39:35 AM
RC1 for Thea:The Awakening and going back toThe Last Federation in order to try out the new DLC.  I'm also in the middle of 3 games of Chaos Reborn and will try to squeeze in a game or 2 of Blood Bowl II
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 13, 2015, 08:45:28 AM
Picting my way through the Continent in Attila TW...I have found myself surrounded by about 100k angry Vikings.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: bbmike on November 13, 2015, 09:03:32 AM
More Federation Space 2 Vassal module editing/testing if I have time.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: MengJiao on November 13, 2015, 09:43:03 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 13, 2015, 07:54:38 AM
Vassal work done fer an bit and preview written. so I get to actually play some games.

Wing Leader PBEM with SDR... alotta missing goin on.

Maybe some U-boat Leader on the table for a change...

Maybe squeeze the wallet and get the new FPC:RS expansion.  O0

Also some work on my car.

  Some Invisible with the Contingency Plan expansion.  So far the usual team is doing okay.  Some ARMAIII in the new editor and proabably some Take on Mars in the editor.  And maybe some DCS, Spintires and CLOD and even BoS and Pike and Shot!  All of the recent updating on Steam has inspired me!
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: FlickJax on November 13, 2015, 10:08:43 AM
FM2016, FM2015 and might re go at GravOpStar after watching the videos, also need to go back to Redstorm at some point once i find some videos on that :)
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: sandman2575 on November 13, 2015, 10:33:54 AM
Fall
Out
4


@Barthheart -- love the avatar and assume it's from soon-to-release DC Barbarossa? Greatly looking forward to that !
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Barthheart on November 13, 2015, 10:49:43 AM
 O0  It's gonna be great!
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: bob48 on November 13, 2015, 11:05:10 AM
More Skyrim.

Possibly some Vassal CC.

Got a BoB Ghost Panzer scenario set up and ready to go.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on November 13, 2015, 11:08:50 AM
Some EU IV England - will shortly be spanking some Scots and Irish - The Lollards are smashed and the War of the Roses threat seems done with

Some Nexus the Jupiter Incident

and some Sup Comm Forged Alliance
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 13, 2015, 11:47:31 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 13, 2015, 11:08:50 AM

and some Sup Comm Forged Alliance

Let me know if you can get passed the first mission in the campaign...at least, I think its the first mission. Its been awhile since I tried.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on November 13, 2015, 12:14:15 PM
i think im half way through at the mo - destroyed everything on the other side of the river, now just building my base on that side - will let you know
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: mikeck on November 13, 2015, 12:37:13 PM
Flashpoint campaigns reforged
Wasteland 2 (otherwise known as "what I wanted fallout 3 to be"
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Nefaro on November 13, 2015, 12:38:36 PM
Quote from: bbmike on November 13, 2015, 09:03:32 AM
More Federation Space 2 Vassal module editing/testing if I have time.

*rubs hands together*
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: IronX on November 13, 2015, 12:39:54 PM
No doubt some more Command Modern Air/Naval Ops Northern Inferno. The last scenario I played was a great gun battle between destroyers off the coast of Greenland. It was a Pyrrhic victory for NATO.

Other games calling my name include Flashpoint Campaigns while it's on sale, Space Engineers with the new planets update and IL2 Battle of Moscow, none of which I yet own but may be tempted to get.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Crossroads on November 13, 2015, 12:50:39 PM
Bought the Flashpoints Campaigns: Red Storm finally. That should keep me busy. That, and CS Middle East of course  O0
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Kushan on November 13, 2015, 03:17:11 PM
Lots of Fallout 4. Streaming FCRS - Germany Reforged tomorrow on my twitch channel then back to Fallout.

Somewhere I need to make room for some CMANO scenario design. May play a little Diablo 3 as well.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Bison on November 13, 2015, 04:00:04 PM
I've wasted valuable time today battling it out on Magic the Gathering online with my Commander deck that cost a grand total of just over $1 to assemble.  Sure I've been getting my ass handed to me regularly, but I'm getting close to winning.  I think with a few more $0.01 to $0.10 upgrades I have no doubts that I'll be competitive.  Need to find some cheap artifact, enchantment, and equipment removal.  And a few more counter spells. 
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on November 13, 2015, 04:48:49 PM
That's some serious dedication, Bison.  I find the tactile experience of the card game far outweighs playing by pixels.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Nefaro on November 13, 2015, 05:10:43 PM
Getting the itch for some War Thunder Air Forces in Realistic mode.


-->

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi66.tinypic.com%2Faww9s8.jpg&hash=14eb1e5d563494ee6cd72dd080933578e2afb705)
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Bison on November 13, 2015, 05:35:56 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 13, 2015, 04:48:49 PM
That's some serious dedication, Bison.  I find the tactile experience of the card game far outweighs playing by pixels.

I agree, but with MTGO I log on and have a match in about 10 seconds and then can have as many as I want.  I don't have that luxury irl.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on November 13, 2015, 05:39:59 PM
Quote from: Bison on November 13, 2015, 05:35:56 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 13, 2015, 04:48:49 PM
That's some serious dedication, Bison.  I find the tactile experience of the card game far outweighs playing by pixels.

I agree, but with MTGO I log on and have a match in about 10 seconds and then can have as many as I want.  I don't have that luxury irl.

I understand completely.  GO COMMANDER DECK!!
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Bison on November 13, 2015, 05:43:00 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 13, 2015, 05:39:59 PM
Quote from: Bison on November 13, 2015, 05:35:56 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 13, 2015, 04:48:49 PM
That's some serious dedication, Bison.  I find the tactile experience of the card game far outweighs playing by pixels.

I agree, but with MTGO I log on and have a match in about 10 seconds and then can have as many as I want.  I don't have that luxury irl.

I understand completely.  GO COMMANDER DECK!!

Best part is I've spent a grand total of $10 in 8 years.  Not too shabby.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Airborne Rifles on November 13, 2015, 05:43:56 PM
CMANO for me. I'm replaying the air to air portion of NF 5 before I move on to NF 5.5 Trondheim Express!
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Xtiaan72 on November 13, 2015, 06:42:27 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on November 13, 2015, 09:43:03 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 13, 2015, 07:54:38 AM
Vassal work done fer an bit and preview written. so I get to actually play some games.

Wing Leader PBEM with SDR... alotta missing goin on.

Maybe some U-boat Leader on the table for a change...

Maybe squeeze the wallet and get the new FPC:RS expansion.  O0

Also some work on my car.

  Some Invisible with the Contingency Plan expansion.  So far the usual team is doing okay.  Some ARMAIII in the new editor and proabably some Take on Mars in the editor.  And maybe some DCS, Spintires and CLOD and even BoS and Pike and Shot!  All of the recent updating on Steam has inspired me!

Picked up Invisible to try and scratch an XCOM itch. Thanks for the mention. Excellent game!
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: jamus34 on November 13, 2015, 06:44:30 PM
Gonna do my usual...sip some whiskey and play something...no idea what yet. Maybe Vicky 2, HOI 3, CK 2, PoEternity, PoExile, or something  else.

I could always go left field and play some Dark Souls 2. Heck...I could pretty much go  random.

Might be a good board AAR for schlitz and giggles - Pick my game I play  it and will post up screen shots.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on November 13, 2015, 10:52:14 PM
I had just about kicked my addiction to DC Case Blue until Barth posted his new avatar pic and teased DC 3. So now I'm back trying to kick open the damned Russian front door to Rostov. My luck, I'm out of vodka to get them to loosen-up a bit.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: -budd- on November 13, 2015, 11:28:47 PM
Continue my chess learning, been awhile. tested out at just under 1400. Try out Flashpoint Reforge and try to keep my sanity during the 4 eight year old girls slumber party.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Rekim on November 14, 2015, 04:48:53 AM
The recent release of BMS-4.33 for Falcon 4 inspired me to break out the soldering iron to attempt a repair on the USB cable for my Saitek Pro Rudders that my Jack Russell puppy decided to chew clean in half. To my amazement the amateur patch up appears to be working. Will spend some time with the new manuals and see if I can't relearn how to land this puppy.

Otherwise, thinking of starting a 1939 game of HOI 3 (vanilla) as the Soviets. Want to try an all infantry tech/production in the first year with a deeper/thinner line of defence. Last time I got creamed despite a slight delay to the start of Op Barbarossa. Am tempted to start a new game of 7 Days to Die, but with a major upgrade just about to be released (A13) I should probably make use of this excuse to spend some computer gaming time elsewhere.

I have some half played wargames on the tables in the back room (RAF & ASL) but don't expect they'll get much love this weekend while I'm changing over from night shift to day shift mode.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 14, 2015, 10:24:18 AM
Going to do some more of the VASSAL version of Fleet Commander Nimitz for my AAR. Also some Half-Life, which I never played before. It was on sale on Steam with a ton of other Half-Life games (HL2, Ch1, Ch2, etc.).
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Toonces on November 14, 2015, 10:45:17 AM
I've got a hankering to do some no-kidding hex and counter wargaming today.  Unfortunately I have a huge hole in my gaming collection for that type of gaming.  Something like The Operational Art of War would probably be perfect.

So I'm going to take the easy route and do some BMS Falcon and maybe some ARMA 3 mods.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Arctic Blast on November 14, 2015, 07:06:46 PM
Some buddies at work were talking about WildStar, so...I am officially dipping my toes in the MMO pool. Luckily, it's free. And it doesn't seem like much content has been removed. So far, I dig it. How long I stick with it likely depends on how long the rest of them are involved.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 14, 2015, 08:16:56 PM
I don't ever remember fighting until a draw was called in TW...

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F646625824526083349%2F4D54EBA1861679E98F4A9815E1CDB5093AC5EF53%2F&hash=de851bcf9c5c5abd9778c0c8386f449dc1883f2e)
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Nefaro on November 14, 2015, 08:22:12 PM
I do .. but it's been a very long time.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Toonces on November 14, 2015, 08:31:01 PM
I cannot believe how much simple-minded fun I am having with Armored Warfare using the free T-62.  I can't get enough!
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Huw the Poo on November 14, 2015, 08:39:08 PM
Lots of The Last Federation for me, trying out the new expansion.  I forgot how good the soundtrack to this game is.

I just bought, and was fully intending to play tonight, Shadows of Mordor until I saw that it's a forty one gigabyte download!  I guess I'll leave that one running overnight...

Some Insurgency as usual.

Oh, and earlier this week I picked up Spec Ops: The Line and have been really enjoying it.  It really scratches that "switch off the brain and enjoy the ride" itch.

P.S. Good choice of song, MetalDog.  That happens to be the very song I chose this morning to introduce my kids to Green Day. O0
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on November 14, 2015, 09:30:05 PM
You're a good father, Huw :)  O0
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: mikeck on November 14, 2015, 10:03:21 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 14, 2015, 08:16:56 PM
I don't ever remember fighting until a draw was called in TW...

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F646625824526083349%2F4D54EBA1861679E98F4A9815E1CDB5093AC5EF53%2F&hash=de851bcf9c5c5abd9778c0c8386f449dc1883f2e)

Wish I could play this..but no matter what I try and how many times I reinstall, when I start "Attila" i get a "steam cannot be accessed...is it running?" Message. Even if I use the Rome 2 launcher. Sigh
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 15, 2015, 08:33:24 AM
That's weird...I assume you've installed/uninstalled...
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: mikeck on November 15, 2015, 01:38:38 PM
Yep. Tried using another launcher, screwing with admin access...everything. I used to be able to play it without mods by launching the Rome 2 launcher but clicking on Atilla in the menu. Freezes up now. Shame because I'm a TW junkie
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 15, 2015, 07:08:19 PM
Hmm never heard of this problem anywhere else...it vexes me. I am vexed.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 16, 2015, 08:40:09 AM
Really, Gus?

ARE you vexed?
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 16, 2015, 09:13:42 AM
Yes. Vexed. Me.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: mikeck on November 16, 2015, 03:54:58 PM
Vexing is one of the stages: anger, disbelief, vexation, throwing shit and finally, acceptance
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Nefaro on November 16, 2015, 05:00:06 PM
The vexation is strong with this one.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on November 16, 2015, 05:08:54 PM
Broken the back of the second part of the opening scenario to the supcom forged alliance campaign - had to leave and saved the mission but the ai is in tatters
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Huw the Poo on November 16, 2015, 05:45:24 PM
Not like the Automatons of Endless Space then, Geek? ;)
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on November 16, 2015, 06:22:57 PM
Lmao - merciless bastards they were
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 16, 2015, 10:15:57 PM
Damn even with the Radious mod Attila TW is still tough. Playing on 'normal' difficulty and I am getting slapped around as the Picts by at least 8 other factions. I do own almost all of Britain though. My toehold in the Continent is about to collapse. I'm thinking that once that happens I consolidate all of Britain and then build up to invade Scandinavia instead of trying to settle Western Europe. The Viking tribes sure are ornery.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on November 17, 2015, 12:06:13 PM
Let me see if I can help with all the Vexing going on. I believe I had the same problem Mikeck had.

I suddenly couldn't run Attila too recently. When I hit play, the red and black loading screen would come up but the little blue wheel would just keep spinning and spinning, it would never load the game. All the other Steam games loaded just fine, my drivers were up to date and launching from Rome 2 didn't help.

So I go into the Attila Launcher folder and told it to run as an Administrator. When I then try to launch the game, the window comes up asking if I give it permission to makes changes, I click 'yes' and the same thing Mikeck has comes up. Clicking 'no' just closes the game.

So I go back and cancel the Administrator-Run thing and it still does the same thing. Dammit! What finally worked for me was, going back in the Attila Launch folder and restoring a "Previous Version" from before I tried to fix things and instead made them worse. While in the folder, I noticed the "Compatibility" tab was set to run the launcher in an Operating System I don't have(XP instead of Windows 7). So I fixed this too.

Then when I try to launch the game, I'm back to the red and black launch screen with the never-ending spinning blue wheel. But at least the above problem is corrected. So that's my advice, try to restore a Previous Version of the launcher and make sure it's running in Compatibility Mode with your OS whatever you're using and don't let it run as an Administrator.

As for me, my saga continues. Still can't run the game. This all started about the last game patch and Radious update, so I thought the next one would correct it. But since then I remember installing... Avast AV just before all this began. So that's probably my problem right there.  :tickedoff:

I had AVG but for some reason it hated CM Market Garden and so I switched to Avast which promptly began to take-over my computer and do whatever the hell it wanted to with it. Changing my browser and a bunch of other shit. I only now have got it back to where it will do what I tell it to. Other than that it's great for AV software.

Hope this wasn't too long and helps with Vexing Vexadation. Just call me the, "The Vex Doctor".
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 17, 2015, 01:50:57 PM
I do remember other people reporting an issue with the Attila TW launcher maybe about 6 months ago...looks like I'm cured...
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on November 17, 2015, 03:31:28 PM
Have you tried disabling mods and running vanilla to see if that's ok?
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on November 17, 2015, 03:54:12 PM
Yeah, I tried that UCG but no luck. Everything was running fine with just Windows Defender so it probably Avast or maybe they're both running at the same time though I know Defender isn't supposed to do this. Or so other conflict. I'll probably end up just getting rid of Avast and see what that does. I'm trying to finish Rome 2 before returning to Attila but I want it to run for sure.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 17, 2015, 08:17:29 PM
What faction are you playing in Rome 2? I'm coming very close to concluding that Attila is unwinnable for me :(
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: mikeck on November 17, 2015, 10:19:58 PM
Thanks slash, I will give it a try. And I have never used mods with attilla. Mainly because up until a few months ago I had to use the Rome launcher
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on November 17, 2015, 11:45:55 PM
I got 2 games about 180 turns in as the Germans and 100 as Rome. I love the game but like all TW titles the artificial victory conditions make me feel like I have to go where the game wants me to. For Rome I need Britain and Armenia neither of which I would argue was essential to the Roman Empire. Spain and Egypt would make more sense I think. But, hey whatever it's still fun and maybe I'll try for an Economic or Cultural Victory instead. I want to do an ERE Campaign in Attila but I'm kind of scared of how tough it'll be.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Huw the Poo on November 18, 2015, 01:42:29 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 17, 2015, 08:17:29 PM
What faction are you playing in Rome 2? I'm coming very close to concluding that Attila is unwinnable for me :(

Just drop the nuke, buddy.  Don't listen to the hippies who say that isn't really winning.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 18, 2015, 08:56:14 AM
I would if every faction woukd stop piling on me! Much like real life, my only friends are the Irish and they are about to be snuffed out :/
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Bison on November 18, 2015, 09:15:35 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 18, 2015, 08:56:14 AM
I would if every faction woukd stop piling on me! Much like real life, my only friends are the Irish and they are about to be snuffed out :/

Need more whiskey and potatoes.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 18, 2015, 09:26:01 AM
^ Good advice in ANY situation.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on November 18, 2015, 04:11:56 PM
Did you think being a "Pict" would be easy? If it was, they'd have a sissy name like Langobard or Alemanni.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 18, 2015, 06:26:24 PM
Hmm you all make valid points. They also wouldn't have disappeared off the face of the Earth most likely. I guess I didn't really think this through.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Nefaro on November 18, 2015, 07:46:18 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 18, 2015, 06:26:24 PM
They also wouldn't have disappeared off the face of the Earth most likely.


Plus - interbreeding between different populations has always been a popular past-time throughout humanity's existence.  Doing the dirty with exotic looking foreigners never goes out of style, no? 

I mean.. that's pretty much the history of North America since the Columbian Exchange.  Which took absolutely no time to exchange venereal diseases, btw.  Also.. primitive ancestors shagging Neanderthals, as evidenced in most peoples' genes.   Hell.. Britain is just wave after wave of different tribes moving in & bumping fuglies with each other.

Bonk Chika Waowww.  All the time.   :))
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 18, 2015, 08:52:35 PM
Now I feel dirty.
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on November 18, 2015, 11:20:36 PM
I'm getting HOT.  ::)
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 19, 2015, 08:41:52 AM
Uh, anyway...has anyone won an Attila campaign?
Title: Re: On my own, here we FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 19, 2015, 06:42:10 PM
It's an orgy of destruction in the British Isles  :crazy2: I've got three regions left...and about 6 enemy factions rampaging all over the place. I have some sweet armies and my cities are growing and tech is healthy but I don't think I can counter this 1-2-3-4-5-6 punch.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F640997053594147543%2FB685EB7B790F6C4DAB723B4AA7E711B45F79B52B%2F&hash=b21c81d71d7fc2bf84c13e63e84af70f87875439)