GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: gameleaper on November 13, 2015, 12:24:05 PM

Title: pixel piracy £1 at gog, its absolutly the best buy I made in years
Post by: gameleaper on November 13, 2015, 12:24:05 PM
http://www.gog.com/game/pixel_piracy

its on offer £1 and its the best value for money I ever bought, its real real fun ships & pirating , I watched the video and thought it looked interesting, but playings better, but it now!
Title: Re: pixel piracy £1 at gog, its absolutly the best buy I made in years
Post by: Huw the Poo on November 13, 2015, 01:21:57 PM
I bought it a while back and I'm not convinced it was even working properly.  I couldn't seem to do anything, and after a frustrating half an hour I consigned it to File 13.
Title: Re: pixel piracy £1 at gog, its absolutly the best buy I made in years
Post by: gameleaper on November 13, 2015, 02:37:29 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 13, 2015, 01:21:57 PM
I bought it a while back and I'm not convinced it was even working properly.  I couldn't seem to do anything, and after a frustrating half an hour I consigned it to File 13.

I'm only on the tutorial, but I was frustrated too, I found the secret I needed to press '3' to select all your pirates then right-click location, the captain is just left-click, it took a while. I'm only on the tutoraial but it was fun for £1, apparently according to the tutorial the pirates don't always obey, Ive manged to recruit and do a ship boarding and cut the tutorials captain to shreds, I will have to see how it goes, but it is hard to control sometimes, but just watch the cannon on the ship battle video

I just refired it up and tried more, and I just did an island raid ok,I did need the help menu many times but it still seems quite fun for £1, its unusual and I like it!!!
Title: Re: pixel piracy £1 at gog, its absolutly the best buy I made in years
Post by: amandachen on November 13, 2015, 04:22:50 PM
Oh, you're the guy who likes to recommend games before you've even downloaded and installed them. LOL
Title: Re: pixel piracy £1 at gog, its absolutly the best buy I made in years
Post by: Huw the Poo on November 13, 2015, 06:27:32 PM
Um, no, this is the guy who clearly cares passionately about games, especially wargames, and codes and freely shares his own along with taking any and all feedback on board.
Title: Re: pixel piracy £1 at gog, its absolutly the best buy I made in years
Post by: gameleaper on November 14, 2015, 02:22:39 AM
Thanks Huw.

Amanda I played the game for about 20mins and had buckets of fun although I did have to wrestle with the UI, so I thought it was enough to recommend it while it was on offer for only £1. the video of cannon balls got me hooked, its gone backup to £6.50 now so I'm glad I got it in time.
Title: Re: pixel piracy £1 at gog, its absolutly the best buy I made in years
Post by: amandachen on November 14, 2015, 02:26:25 PM
It's okay, honey. You recommended that Eisenwald thing the other day, and I'm finding it really fun.