GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Boggit on December 02, 2015, 04:15:44 PM

Title: Command Ops 2 Graphics bug fixed
Post by: Boggit on December 02, 2015, 04:15:44 PM
Since I got a machine a few years back with Windows 7, none of the Command Ops games have properly displayed sufficient info to be playable, and the info screens were all truncated on the right hand side. After years of trying different things, I have to take my hat off to Dave O'Connor who finally tracked it down to Microsoft not including the appropriate "Microsoft Sans Serif" font amongst the supplied fonts. I just had the "MS Sans serif" font before he advised me, and have since added the "Microsoft Sans Serif" font (apparently a scaleable font), and instantly the game was working as it should. Just check the \Windows\Fonts folder - if the "Microsoft Sans Serif" font isn't there then you need to download it, and hey presto, the game works properly.

Just thought I'd mention this for anyone else who had all their info screens screwed up. Simple and effective.

I'd also like to add that Dave has been working on this issue since the COTA days, so not only am I very impressed with him finally finding a result that worked, but also his long term dedication to his customers. O0
Title: Re: Command Ops 2 Graphics bug fixed
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 02, 2015, 04:23:46 PM
Very cool....I missed the sale again, but decided I am going to pick up their latest module knock on all doors and give it a whirl
Title: Re: Command Ops 2 Graphics bug fixed
Post by: Rekim on December 03, 2015, 01:49:17 PM
hopeful this fix will work for me too. Must wait until I return home next week to try it out. The previous recommended fix only worked for some, so must see it for myself before I get too excited.