GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Tpek on December 04, 2015, 02:36:32 PM

Title: Helldivers, PC release
Post by: Tpek on December 04, 2015, 02:36:32 PM
So with the game being "fully" out early next week,
And with it being playable right now via Steam (though without the pre-order/deluxe bonus stuff for it).
Who else is Helldiving (other than myself of course)? :)
Title: Re: Helldivers, PC release
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 04, 2015, 03:22:41 PM
I'll be picking it up. Kick ass game.
Title: Re: Helldivers, PC release
Post by: Yskonyn on December 04, 2015, 03:47:27 PM
Is it cross platform compatible? If not I'll stay with the PS4 / Vita version.

EDIT: Nevermind; Arrowhead's website says there is no crossplay between PC and PS
Title: Re: Helldivers, PC release
Post by: steve58 on December 04, 2015, 04:30:30 PM
Thought this was a WWII-type game :(
Title: Re: Helldivers, PC release
Post by: Father Ted on December 04, 2015, 05:24:50 PM
Quote from: steve58 on December 04, 2015, 04:30:30 PM
Thought this was a WWII-type game :(

Well I thought it was something to do US carrier aircraft in the Pacific
Title: Re: Helldivers, PC release
Post by: Capn Darwin on December 04, 2015, 06:16:09 PM
I had the same thought and hope that Father Ted did.  :'(
Title: Re: Helldivers, PC release
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 04, 2015, 11:41:17 PM
Me too.... :-\
Title: Re: Helldivers, PC release
Post by: Freyland on December 05, 2015, 04:36:43 AM
Almost totally off-topic, but I see that this game is being made by the same folk that made Magicka.  I then discovered that Magicka 2 is not made by these folk.  Since I never got into either, does anyone know the history of why a different company is making Magicka 2 for Paradox?
Title: Re: Helldivers, PC release
Post by: Apocalypse 31 on December 22, 2015, 06:15:16 PM
I've just pumped 20 hours into this game.

I love it this game!

Character & Equipment customization is great! I bought the Deluxe Edition which came with a fair amount of equipment, vehicles, and srategem already unlocked. I've been enjoying the ability to customize the look of my character and enhance the equipment I'm using through research points.

Player Loadouts (Strategems). I really dig that you have to put some thought into which equipment you deploy on missions. With only 4-strategm slots, its vital that players conduct some assessment of their mission.

Cooperative gameplay is wonderful, and I've had some great cooperative moments. From my experiences, this is a great community. This is the only community where I see players congratulate each other on being promoted in-game. I've seen guys risk their pixel lives to save other players, and there really seems to be a community effort. Also, I'm not sure how the overall campaign works but from what I understand it is also a community effort to defeat each faction.

Intense gameplay is intense! The AI is a little gamey in how it spawns, but it isnt impossible (maybe some of the mother-planets) and can be beaten with a dedicated and coordinated group of players.

Glad I picked this up, and glad I dropped the extra cash on the deluxe edition. I've been playing this more than anything else lately.
Title: Re: Helldivers, PC release
Post by: jomni on December 22, 2015, 07:54:47 PM
Quote from: steve58 on December 04, 2015, 04:30:30 PM
Thought this was a WWII-type game :(

Me too